HD7 "schematics" leaked, shouldn't be long now...

Bahamut

n00b
http://wmpoweruser.com/exclusive-the-real-htc-hd7-revealed/

Of course, still nothing official (not even these images) so, the waiting continues. I can't imagine any reason to alter the design of the HD2 which I personally consider to be the absolute epitome of smartphone design in this day and age: the damned thing just feels perfect in my hand, the slight rubbery coating on the rear/sides is fantastic, and the nearly full size screen and almost no bezel at all make it the best looking handheld device I've used since my Axim X51v came out years ago.

I know they had to alter the 5 button original HD2 config down to 3 buttons to fill the requirements of a Windows Phone 7 device, and there seems to be (from the image) an alteration of the back cover as well as the placement of the volume buttons as well, so I hope that's the one. Who knows what is different from the internal electronics and specs perspective, however.

Let's hope at least somebody gets a leak correct at some point. ;)

And of course, I wish the damned thing would be available here in the US from the start - it looks like another European first release followed who knows how far into the future with the US availability. :(

Coolness. I can live with the HD3 name, it makes a bit more sense given the HD2's heritage. Not a bad design, the kickstand off the camera plate is pretty slick I suppose.

But the issue other people are noting - no microSD slot, no expansion capability - is going to absolutely murder it outta the gate, which is exactly what I was hoping would not happen.

Dammit, Microsoft... that's a colossal blunder of the highest order. :(

Now the hope lies on someone extracting the ROM on the HD3 and porting it to the HD2 'cause I'm not giving this phone up anytime soon (even if I don't use it as a phone). :) From all that I've seen up to this moment, the HD3 is a step backward, not forward... ugh.

I am afraid that w7 will take away all I like about windows mobile from what I have heard :( hope I am hearing wrong

looks like MS took a few steps back with windows phone 7 expecially in the customization department

I am afraid that w7 will take away all I like about windows mobile from what I have heard :( hope I am hearing wrong

likewise. im moving to android and the way things are going, when compatability is just a tad better leaving MS completely in the dust for Linux.

Yeah, Windows Mobile 7 isn't going to appeal to geeks. So far everyone that's written about this phone says its as poslished a phone as there is however, no glitches, smooth as butter, fast and attractive. Those are the things that needed to be right at launch. Microsoft is doing this right, first things first and this is just step one.

But yeah stuff still needs to be done but get the polish out there, that's the stuff that wows people, not multi-tasking and copy and paste. The big thing to get done is CDMA in the US which sucks for me since I've on Verizon and Sprint. For the meantime I'd LOVE to have one of these without a contract.

Microsoft is focussed on making sure this phone is consumer friendly first and fore-most, and the other stuff, that people on a forum like this, will eventually come. They've already said there are features that won't be there at launch, but will be rolled out with updates.

But the issue other people are noting - no microSD slot, no expansion capability - is going to absolutely murder it outta the gate, which is exactly what I was hoping would not happen.

Dammit, Microsoft... that's a colossal blunder of the highest order. :(

That does suck, but is it a Microsoft Blunder? Wouldn't it be HTC, or is Microsoft not supporting microSD cards at the OS level? (I honestly don't know).

From all the info I've gleaned, Windows Phone 7 lacks the ability to differentiate between external storage and internal storage. I know, I know, that flies in the face of all previous versions of Windows Mobile since the PocketPC first appeared having access to CompactFlash and SD card slots for expansion so don't flame me - I'm only going on what I've read on MS blogs related to Windows Phone 7 and other forums with people that have used the prototype devices.

Not one of them so far has had any microSD expansion capability which would more than likely be caused by Microsoft setting the rules for Windows Phone 7 hardware requirements.

Again, we'll find out soon enough I guess, but unless the microSD slot is hidden under the battery cover (as it is with the HD2), then who knows. I'll hope for the best but stay prepared for the worst...

Am I the only one reading this and thinking "why doesnt MS quit while they're behind?"

This brings a very clear thought to my mind... why the hell are we releasing another "Windows ME?" Stick with what works (WM 6.5) untill you have a real working os (WP8?) instead of giving us an intermediate POS ala ME...

Back