• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

HD5770x2!

Status
Not open for further replies.
It might be 30W difference, or who knows maybe the 5770 will come in at 110W and be 40-50W less.

I'm just saying for the guy who wants to game on his 1440x900 monitor with his 350W PSU and older CPU the 5770 might be a better choice. There is definitely a market for it.


The HD4770 will easily be able to perform on a 1920x1080 display as well. :cool:
 
5770 performance is just below 4890, going by a Malaysian site who tests only Vantage and 3dmark 06. They consider it a fair benchmark to put the AMD cards 10k CPU points against the Nvidia cards 22-36k CPU points but significantly lower GPU points :rolleyes:

€149
5750's €119 or something
 
the hd5770 is impressive for low end card!
img0188.jpg

img0185rm.jpg


@950/1340:
3d06195769501340.jpg


unfortunately, it's not my card yet...
 
:rolleyes:


If ATI was thinking about doing a HD4770x2 why would they not consider a HD5770x2?

I think it would be a huge success.

I think ATI already have 2 4000 series X2 cards and found out that the X2 cards are a QA and support nightmare. Adding a middle tier in the X2 series is just asking for a lot of trouble in an already very small market space. I bought a 4870X2 the day it hit the market and I will tell you that their driver support for an X2 card probably gives them more headaches than it's worth, let alone the QA.
 
Your unnatural attachment to your 4770's is hilarious. Half of your posts contain some form of 4770 worship and now your even going nuts over the possibility of a 5770x2 when there will clearly be better options available. Were you paid by ATI to proclaim your exuberant and endless love for the 4770's?

Seriously, wtf SonDa you are insanely obsessed with your 4770.... and the worst part is that it's not even an amazing card...

the hd5770 is impressive for low end card!
/img snip

unfortunately, it's not my card yet...

That is a very good looking card... No stupid girl with dreads dual wielding machine gun chain saws :p Looking forward to seeing the test results of this card and the 5750.
 
Seriously, wtf SonDa you are insanely obsessed with your 4770.... and the worst part is that it's not even an amazing card...

Has there ever benn another video card that had an initial MSRP price of $99 that could run at1GHZ on the GPU without a hard voltage mod?


Has there ever benn another video card that had an initial MSRP of $99 that could score 19,000+ points on 3dMark06?


The HD4770 excites me because it is a great value. ATI promised great performance and value in the HD4770 and they deliverd. HD4770 was built with the world's first 40nm GPU. I don't think enough people really know how well it can perform when properly over clocked. It is an amazing card.
 
Last edited:
Has there ever benn another video card that had an initial MSRP price of $99 that could run at1GHZ on the GPU without hard a voltage mod?


Has there ever benn another video card that had an initial MSRP of $99 that could score 19,000+ points on 3dMark06?


The HD4770 excites me because it is a great value. ATI promised great performance and value in the HD4770 and they deliverd. HD4770 was built with the world's firstt 40nm GPU. I don't think enough people really know how well it can perform when properly over clocked. It is an amazing card.

*Snore*

Ignore time
 
Radeon 5770 comes October 13th
Written by Fuad Abazovic

128-bit memory interface and a good price

We learned that next Tuesday, October 13th, ATI plans to release its cheaper version of the recently launched Evergreen card, simply branded as Radeon HD 5770. The HD 5750 with a bit looser spec is also coming.

The biggest downside of this product is the 128-bit memory interface and the spec should include GPUs clocked at 700MHz to 825MHz and 1GB of DDR5 memory.

Overall these cards look like real trouble for Nvidia, as according to many sources Nvidia's Fermi architecture wont come to mainstream before some point in 2010 and ATI will definitely have a better lead time and good products to fight.

Nvidia should rule high end and performance with several versions of its single chip GT300, Fermi but at the same time, but it looks that ATI might launch all GPUs in its DirectX 11 portfolio before the end of this year. Good job red boys.

http://www.fudzilla.com/content/view/15857/1/



Well there's really not much to say. One of our eagle-eyed readers stumbled upon Gigabyte's HD 5770 is listed in an Aussie shop. The price is AUD 262.90, which works out to almost €160.

http://www.fudzilla.com/content/view/15859/1/



While I'm posting all this crap I didn't even notice that there is a new thread on the 5770 with way more information :p
 
Last edited:
Don't worry there are like 6 simultaneous threads about the 5770 and the 5750, should only apologize if you made ANOTHER thread lol
 
Dedicated to my Pal sonda5 who trusted in the HD4770 and convinced me to buy my hd4770s!;)
After the excellent hd4770, let now the hd5770 take place...
IMG_0619copier.jpg

IMG_0621copier.jpg
 
Sapphire is really going at it with the chick sticker thing.

You've got butch power "I can kick your ass" with my dreads chick on the 5870, strange cyborg girl with the two swords on the 5850, and now the ninja chick on the 5770. I wonder what's next! hahaha....

PVHK... You're a lucky duck!
 
Has there ever benn another video card that had an initial MSRP price of $99 that could run at1GHZ on the GPU without hard a voltage mod?


Has there ever benn another video card that had an initial MSRP of $99 that could score 19,000+ points on 3dMark06?


The HD4770 excites me because it is a great value. ATI promised great performance and value in the HD4770 and they deliverd. HD4770 was built with the world's firstt 40nm GPU. I don't think enough people really know how well it can perform when properly over clocked. It is an amazing card.

I hear ya man but your like balls deep on this thing.....
 
Dedicated to my Pal sonda5 who trusted in the HD4770 and convinced me to buy my hd4770s!;)
After the excellent hd4770, let now the hd5770 take place...
/snip
/snip

Nice, can you take a measurement and let me know how long it is, pretty please :D
Gigabyte definitely has the best looking HD5770, might have to try them if XFX is constantly sold out the first couple of weeks (which it will be lol). Congrats on getting the card early though! :D
 
PVHK... You're a lucky duck!



I concur. :cool:

I look forward to seeing how the HD5770 performs for PVHK.
PVHK has had experience with the HD4890 and I am excited to see PVHK be
one of the first people here to have a HD5770.
 
Dedicated to my Pal sonda5 who trusted in the HD4770 and convinced me to buy my hd4770s!;)
After the excellent hd4770, let now the hd5770 take place...


So you called in sick today just so you can install, benchmark and posts the results here on H. That is dedication!

:D
 
Dedicated to my Pal sonda5 who trusted in the HD4770 and convinced me to buy my hd4770s!;)
After the excellent hd4770, let now the hd5770 take place...
IMG_0619copier.jpg

I am most honored. :D

How about some benchmarks!!!??? :cool:
 
with the lack of softmod for the moment & the max frequency for the gpu allowed by the bios card, "only" 960mhz can be set...
hd5770 850/1200 @960/1340 vgpu@stock hence:
18143.jpg
 
Very nice initial benchmarks. Hope the softare voltage mod works out.
For no sofware voltage the HD5770 is very fast.

Do you think I could fit my huge thermal right heat sinks on it? (the ones I have on my HD4770s)

How does it game? I want more info!!! :)


How does it compare to the HD4890?
 
No i did not run any game yet but i'm not worried about its performance!
I don't think it can handle the fight against my hd4890@1000/1200, but against an hd4890@stock probably!

hd5770 850/1200@ 960/1350:
P10651.jpg


max allowed by ccc: 960 for gpu & 1445 for memory:
 
I don't think it can handle the fight against my hd4890@1000/1200, but against an hd4890@stock probably!


I wouldn't be suprised if the HD5770 can go fast enough to match or beat an over clocked HD4890.

What about heat sink upgrades?? Possible? Could I put my Thermal Right heat sinks on the HD5770?
TRHR03REVAXfireHD4770ssmall.jpg
 
Looks alittle slower than a 4890. I Have my sons q9400@3.6, and the 4890 scores 17000+ on 3dmark06 at factory oc of 900 core. The test above was using a q9400 @3.8, and scored less than 17K. I am selling my sons 4890, and getting a 5850 or 5770 cf.
 
Looks alittle slower than a 4890. I Have my sons q9400@3.6, and the 4890 scores 17000+ on 3dmark06 at factory oc of 900 core. The test above was using a q9400 @3.8, and scored less than 17K. I am selling my sons 4890, and getting a 5850 or 5770 cf.

If you're selling the 4890, a 5770 is more of a sidegrade rather than an upgrade. But it will have DX11 and Eyefinity. And note that a 5850 only costs $259. 2x 5770 will cost $320.
 
Yes, I am aware of all those facts. I will wait for the 5770 cf benchmarks and decide if it is wortth the extra $$
 
At the question: HD5770 highly oced> HD4890@stock?
Answer: Definitely!!

Most impressives results to come....
 
At the question: HD5770 highly oced> HD4890@stock?
Answer: Definitely!!

Most impressives results to come....



It's going to be hard for me to resist getting 2 of these for Xfire. I really want to wait for HD5770x2 but I think I may be satisfied with 2 HD5770s in Xfire. :cool:
 
knowing the score of the hd5770@960/1350:

Here the results of my hd4890!

@stock: 850/975
17463.jpg


@900/1000:
17705.jpg
 
HD4890
@950/1100
18354.jpg


@960/1150:
18475.jpg


We can see here that the hd5770 oced can stand the fight with an4890 moderately oced!
Needless to post the result of the hd4890@1000/1200 (look in p5e-vm thread) 'cause we know the result....

But for a low end card with its low consumption: This is THE CARD for me!!!
 
Very nice pvhk, thanks for the sneak peak.

Do you know if the 5770 is capable of soft volt mods? Does the card have Volterra style chips?
 
no issue for using your TR heatsink!
perfect match with hd5770 holes! ;)

this is why I like ATI. They never change their holes. You could be using a waterblock from 5 years ago and it would still work I bet.
 
YES!
it has the softmod like the hd4770:
the controller is exactly similar: ST Electronics L6788A

Once asus will bring out its EAH5770 model w/voltage tweak, we will be able to hit easily 1Ghz for the gpu! :)
 
YES!
it has the softmod like the hd4770:
the controller is exactly similar: ST Electronics L6788A

Once asus will bring out its EAH5770 model w/voltage tweak, we will be able to hit easily 1Ghz for the gpu! :)

SWEET! Man this is shaping up to be one awesome card. I want i want! :)
 
goddamn I can not believe Sonda is still at this 4770 5770 40nm power bullshit.
 
Hey guys! stop trolling here...
Seems like you have nothing else to do ! :eek:
You are not interested in his thread ? Simply don't post, that 's a more clever behavior! ;)
 
I didn't see it in the thread, but do these have both crossfire fingers so you can do 3 or 4 cards in crossfire?
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top