HD Plex H3.SODD - Passive i7 ITX build

Nice can't wait to see how this turns out! Wish it wasn't as expensive though ($300+ for case + 80w passive psu!)

Last edited:
What kind of temperatures does this thing get?
Would be nice to know if you can overclock to a healthy 4.0gh/z with this kind of setup. :D

Temps are unpleasant, but all cores stay around 70C idle and hottest get to 90s loaded. I might put it next to a fan/AC/drafty window just to give it some ventilation- even hot air would cool it down because it relies on convection.

Overclocking is out of the question: 2600s is not 2600k. Locked multiplier, and cherry-picked to be 65-watt instead of 95. If I were recommending this case to someone else, I'd probably go with i5-2390T instead- 45 watts should be a little more manageable, and comparable in speed aside from hyperthreading. 95 watts in this case is a joke.

Temps are unpleasant, but all cores stay around 70C idle and hottest get to 90s loaded. I might put it next to a fan/AC/drafty window just to give it some ventilation- even hot air would cool it down because it relies on convection.

Overclocking is out of the question: 2600s is not 2600k. Locked multiplier, and cherry-picked to be 65-watt instead of 95. If I were recommending this case to someone else, I'd probably go with i5-2390T instead- 45 watts should be a little more manageable, and comparable in speed aside from hyperthreading. 95 watts in this case is a joke.

Yikes, those temperatures are scary! If I got that case, I would've used a i3-2100T that I have sitting around

Back