HD Help :D

thebaest

Limp Gawd
So I just rooted my phone, and shortly after I did, my computer froze, and my RAID0 (which I have my OS on) failed to load. Im not sure if that had anything to do with it, but thats besides the point. I deleted the RAID and rebuilt it and reinstalled windows.

Now the part I cannot figure out. My 2nd drive, which I had most of my data stored on, will not recognize in windows. I can see it in the BIOS, and during the POST test, and in the RAID utility. I cannot see it in the disk management, or anywhere in windows. Any thoughts, or ideas? much appreciated, thanks!

If you had RAID0 the info will be 'split' between the drives and they won't work without one or the other....they are a matched pair.

In that case, sorry you're done.

I've seen this happen before, sometimes you have to go into the RAID utility in the BIOS and remove the disk from any RAID arrays and "initialize" it...

Just to be clear, you have THREE drives in your system right? Two for RAID0 and one for Data? If that is the case, and you had a RAID0 blow-up right before, I'm not sure I would trust your RAID controller. It may have flipped out and killed data on all three when you had the original issue. Do you have any non-RAID SATA ports on your motherboard? If you do, plug your data drive into that and see what you get. If not, and you have no troubleshooting CD/DVD to boot from to let you see your drives outside Windows (ERD Commander or something like that), I think I would break the RAID set and disable the RAID controller and load Windows on a single drive of the original RAID set and see if you can see the data drive then.

yea, sorry, I should clarify. I had a RAID0, and a seperate single drive just for data. The data drive is the one thats having issues right now. It never was in a RAID.

Back