HD DVD Player at Buy.com

Status
Not open for further replies.
As i stated before this is uses the same parts as the HD-A3 it just has a diffrent housing. It can be flashed using the HD-A3 firmware to update the player to the newest firmware that came out before HD-DVD went under.

Now here is a proper rebuttal. I did not see your post; my bad. That does make the deal hot as long as you have HD-DVDs or you pick a bunch up for super cheap on clearance. Edit as a side-note: The A3 is not any better at deinterlacing and upscaling DVDs than most players. Only the XA series were particularly good at that.

Not sure who pissed in that other guy's Cheerios.

Try not to mention 'reading' if you fail to do so yourself.

His quote:

Your interpretation:

Notice the bold word? Makes a world of difference.

My statement:

Your interpretation:

Again, you're reading something not there. You're referring to 'lifespan' and both he and I specifically mentioned current prices.

One of us isn't reading, that's for sure. On more than one point....

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Straw_man

The way I see it, you're the one engaging in creating a straw man fallacy by changing the argument from current prices to prices over lifetime. Something not being discussed.

Blu-ray player prices are falling just as fast if not faster than DVD.

This is a simple sentence construction. "Blu-ray player prices" being what is being discussed "are falling" is the action "just as fast if not faster" is the comparison to "than DVD". This is a comparative using an adverb (as) that links a previous event to a current one and draws them as equals or at least comparable in nature/magnitude.

you guys have way too much time on your hands, go do some squats or something

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back