• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Having trouble setting up dual monitors

Joined
Jun 28, 2013
Messages
4
Hi everyone, I need some help. I'm trying to set up my HP Elitebook 8470p with dual eMachines E211H. My computer has one Displayport and one VGA port, the monitors have 1 VGA and 1 DVI port. I purchased a Displayport to DVI cord and haven't had any result - the monitor isn't recognized by the computer. Due to graphics card limitations am I going to have to purchase a VGA to VGA and DP to VGA? I want to make sure I purchase the right cords to get this going. Admittedly I'm very new to this process so thanks in advance for your help.
 
What was the displayport to DVI cord that you bought?
 
Easiest would be VGA to VGA. DP seems to have a few issues when it comes to which adapter or cable will work.
 
I can do VGA to VGA for one of the monitors, but my computer only has one VGA port. Should I try a DP to VGA for the second one, or should I get two VGA to VGA cords with an adapter? Thanks for your help.
 
Back
Top