Have you gave up on windows vista?

I posted this on an above thread, i just wanted to see what some of y'all say to my observations, i've been using vista a grand total of 4 days and i DO like it but i have issues anyway here is what o posted in the other thread

i just installed vista 64 myself, my media center doesn't work, think thats related to video card drivers but im not sure, when avast updates it crashes and amazon unbox doesn't work. IE crashes ALOT, no adobe 64bit support, that being i use opera and that works flawlessly so its not a big deal. oh and be SUPER careful not to install anything like the 2005 c++ redistrubtion packet for 32bit software cause i made that mistake once and had to reinstall, other then that it seems pretty ok,

edit: oh yeah do NOT install like the asus overclocking software and the like, its like oh hi you like vista? no you dont crash. Oh hey this time we wont even let you boot up (its related to the acpi driver the asus one doesn't work in vista or something)

I built a system for my uncle because he wanted something that could multitask very well. 2gigs of ram E6600 500gb hdd, dual 19" flat panels, X1600 256mb (originally order XP Pro) but we got Vista Ultimate. This was also some time back before SP1. He basically had a box he could do nothing with for about 2 months while his software manufacture made changes to make his programs work on Vista. I just installed Nero on it last time I was down and the whole thing crashed. (this was supose to be the "fixed" version of Nero) So I dont know if that was vista's fault or Nero for compatibility issues. I've had a lot of problems with the networking between Vista and XPP as well. I have 11 copies of Vista and have yet to be able to install it.

I've used Vista x64 since I got a new PC in December, and have had no problems - all new hardware (except the printer/scanner, which works adequately on legacy drivers supplied with the OS). I was a little nervous to do so considering the bad press, but I've never had any desire to go back to XP. I guess by not being an early adopter I avoided the driver issues and other bugs which caused some problems nearer launch.

in my case, 3x SLI isn't supported in XP, so I'd loose a lot of performance in XP in a lot of games.

Though I must think that few games are too taxing for 2 SLI GTX 280s on a 24" monitor ;)

To answer the question of the OP: I gave up on threads and ppl who make absurd postulations a while ago.

Now to really be constructive.

I posted this on an above thread, i just wanted to see what some of y'all say to my observations, i've been using vista a grand total of 4 days and i DO like it but i have issues anyway here is what o posted in the other thread

i just installed vista 64 myself, my media center doesn't work, think thats related to video card drivers but im not sure, when avast updates it crashes and amazon unbox doesn't work. IE crashes ALOT, no adobe 64bit support, that being i use opera and that works flawlessly so its not a big deal. oh and be SUPER careful not to install anything like the 2005 c++ redistrubtion packet for 32bit software cause i made that mistake once and had to reinstall, other then that it seems pretty ok,

edit: oh yeah do NOT install like the asus overclocking software and the like, its like oh hi you like vista? no you dont crash. Oh hey this time we wont even let you boot up (its related to the acpi driver the asus one doesn't work in vista or something)

First, sounds like you've got issue above and beyond programs or the OS. I mean, you've pretty much said you have issues with your video drivers and acpi drivers. I'd work to get those issues soved before you pass any judgment or install any more apps.

Second, Adobe not supporting 64bit is adobe fault. Not Microsoft, not anyone else. The same can be said for Nikon, Canon and a whole lot of other vendors who think the 64bit market share is too small and not worth their time. Though Adobe has acknowledged the issue and is supposedly working to resolve much of their oversight in CS4 and beyond. As for how Adobe not supporting 64bit, IE crashing and you using opera has anything to do with one another-- I think you're confused. x64bit Vista has two IE browsers; 1 is 32bit and 1 is 64bit.

As for the redist: did you not read the "Supported OS" list? It's right there in bold..

Supported Operating Systems: Windows 2000 Service Pack 3; Windows 98; Windows 98 Second Edition; Windows ME; Windows Server 2003; Windows XP Service Pack 2

Where as Visual C++ 2008 read differently:
Supported Operating Systems: Windows 2000 Service Pack 4; Windows Server 2003; Windows Vista; Windows XP

Finally, I think part of your problem is patience. Several of the above issues could have been avoided had you taken the time to read a little further and prepare yourself. Like I said though, get hardware, firmware and driver issues fixed before continuing any further. 1st rule of troubleshooting is to isolate all possible problems, that starts by limiting the number of variables from the start..

Back