Have you ever (Oblivion related)?

Moose777

2[H]4U
Have you ever had items in your bag that you've never used and just decided to sell them?

I have. But one thing that bothers me. I had this ring, it was some sort of ring of firewalking or something. It was worth $800 while i had it, so I took it to the jewelry shop in the Imperial City Market place and sold it.

I got something like $400 for it. At first I was pretty happy. Cuase I traded it for like half of what it was worth or a little over half. It was something like that I don't quite remember.

Then for shits and giggles I decided to see what the guy was selling it for. So, I go into the buy screen, hit the armor tab. I scrolled through it for a second and found the ring.

Do you know what the bastard was selling it for?

$10,000 gold. $10,000 GOLD!! I got $400 maybe a little over $400 for it and he's selling it for $10k.

Needless to say that pissed me off. I picked my favorite spell (Heat Wave) and force fed that bastard a few rounds of fire. Then looted his ass.

Have you ever sold something to turn around and realize you got raped by selling it? Have you exacted revenge because you got raped?

I take all the special items and carry them with me or store them in my home... I have 140,000 gold right now so I don't need to sell any special items, just sell regular gear from bandits/vampires and you will get more than enough.

Buy low, sell high. He's just trying to make a living and you killed the poor bastard :p

Raise your mercantile skill, then the merchant will be easier to haggle with (click the haggle button and increase it slowly everytime you visit him), then you'll get better deals.
Note though that 75% or so of the value is about the best you can ever get though, even with max disposition and an apprentice mercantile shopkeeper.

Have you ever started a fight with a tough badguy and then ran into a populated area to make them kill everyone?

It's so funny you have to try it.
Make sure to save though before hand.

I am an apprentice in mercantile. That was one of my things I chose cause I knew I'd be talking to a lot of people.

Majin, no I've never done that but I am about to fire the game up so I'm going to try it.

Drexion, I killed him because he raped me. He may be trying to make a living but I'm living ont he back of my horse and breaking into houses to sleep. ;)

1. Sell ring.
2. Walk behind him.
3. Crouch.
4. Loot his money and the ring back.
5. Kick everything in his shop up/down the stairs, steal it.
6. Giggle about it!

Ummm some tips for selling to merchants:

1) Pick one merchant who will buy anything, then butter them up reaaaaallly good. Get higher prices this way.
2) Once your Mercantile is high enough (Journeyman) you can sell anything to anyone. So you can sell a Daedric Longsword to the sissy who sells clothes. At this point, it's best to find someone who has a low Mercantile skill (Journeyman, Apprentice, or Novice), and who has a lot of gold (1000-1200)
3) The merchant's gold is the amount he can spend on one item. Say I have 3 items worth 1000 each, and the merchant has 1000. I can sell them to him one at a time, but not all three at once.
4) If the value of the item is more than the Merchant can pay (say it's worth 4800, he's buying at 50%, so 2400), he will only offer you his gold on hand. So your 2400 gold item would be sellable for only 1000 if that's how much gold he had. This is why you want to talk to the merchants with lots of gold... if he only has 400 you will screw yourself (that's also why the OP only got 400 for his ring).
5) Know the value of your items. If something is worth 5000, either sell it for 1200 or hold on to it til you find someone with more gold (either a secret merchant [just a guess on my part, I haven't found on] or Master in Mercantile)

Well thats the trick isn't it?

The Market Place is the only city I have found that has a book store, a weapons store, and armor stor, a spell store and a jewlelry store.

Every other city I go to there is a weapon/armor store and a magic type store. So 99% of the time I just carry all the higher priced items which, get annoying so I drop them at the first place that will buy them.

Maybe I should invest in the book, this way I can see what cities have what stores and choose accordingly.

As for pickpocketing the guy. I'm not very good at it. Sometimes I can take thier gold and sometimes I can't. And forget about grabbing more than one item off of them. As soon as I close the window from taking the second item he catches me. At which point I'm forced to kill him anyway. I'd just rather save myself the trouble and kill him outright and then toss his body down the stairs.

A few more tips...

Armor/Weapon vendors USUALLY have 1200 gold.

Save before pickpocketing. Take one item at a time if you suck at it
smile.gif

Back