Has Instagram Made Snapchat Irrelevant?

HardOCP News

[H] News
Has Instagram made Snapchat irrelevant? Wait, was Snapchat ever relevant to anyone other than teens in the first place? How many of you guys use Snapchat? What about Instagram?

Instagram announced today that users will now be able to message each other photos and video that self destruct, much like the vaporizing messages that first made SnapChat a billion-dollar baby in Silicon Valley. Instagram also confirmed that it’s taking a page from its parent company Facebook’s playbook and adding live video in the coming weeks. Instagram’s live video will differ from Facebook’s feature in that it cannot be viewed again once the broadcast is over.

I guess I'm old - I don't use either. I know a lot of college/high school students use these often. Shrugs.

I'm proud to say I've never even seen either one. Well, perhaps some newspaper has sometime linked to instagram. Never visited it willingly though.

I've never used either service. Don't plan on it either.

I use both for different reasons, instagrams interface is too clunky to make snapchat obsolete. Snapchats name is indicative of it's purpose, i.e. snap being a homonym for doing something fast and also snapping a picture and then chat it out by selecting from your contact list. It's a quick two step process.

I use Instagram a lot to advertise my business and manage client accounts.
There's a lot of money and visibility in Social Media. Ignoring that will limit your business potential.

Trump used it to get his message out and became President.
Conversations directly to the people instead of using TV and print.

I've never used either of them, and probably never will.

I don't need a dedicated app to apply filters and share pictures, and I don't need self destructing messages either. (I've never sent nude selfies and never will)

If I want to share a picture there are already tons of ways for me to do that. These apps are - IMHO - pretty damned useless.

I don't use IG but people send me snapchats all the time so definitely not irrelevant.

I don't know what either of them really are. Something to do with pictures, that's all I know.

That oldest person I know that uses Snapchat regularly is 23. I really don't get how they consider it better than Whatsapp, Kik, etc.

Another dual non-user here. I can take pics and send them to people I know with my cell phone. No app needed for my use.

That oldest person I know that uses Snapchat regularly is 23. I really don't get how they consider it better than Whatsapp, Kik, etc.

I get the impression that the only appeal of Snapchat to these kids is not so much its features, but more so rather that their parents and other older people aren't on it.

Reactions: AK0tA
like this
I use Instagram everyday. You know how much fine Asian chicks are in Instagram... Good Lord!!!

I get the impression that the only appeal of Snapchat to these kids is not so much its features, but more so rather that their parents and other older people aren't on it.

This ^^^ right here. I must say that I do have all the pertinant accounts Tritter, snapchat, instagram, Fb, It originaly started as a way to trace my daughters activity and she still to this day has no idea that I am on her pages. I used to catch her at places she was not supposed to be and somehow just show up there. Well she is grown now so I really only use FB now to promote my business and monitor our boys survival group at kidsoutdoorzone . com

Back