Has Apple Lost Its Cool?

Meh, if Apple actually updates the iOS UI for once, I might actually consider getting one of their products when I upgrade my phone late this year. If not, I'll likely pickup a Nexus 5 whenever it hits the market.

Apple was always more about people who desperately want to think that they are cool. The difference is that no one is as good as Steve Jobs at making hipsters believe their own BS.

Has Apple lost it's cool? Do you see any hipster douches bursting into flame? The question answers itself. :D

This thread is full of a bunch of whiny, broke-ass, bitch babies bitching because other people like different stuff.

Sent from my hipster iPhone 5 that hasn't been rebooted in weeks.

This thread is full of a bunch of whiny, broke-ass, bitch babies bitching because other people like different stuff.

(looks at sig)

fanboi.jpg

I have never been a fan of Apple stuff.

But I also went throuigh 12 android tablets before buying my Ipad 4, and couldnt imagine anything else. It simply works. Once I jailbroke it, it is now the best tablet I have ever had.

Granted, a windows 8 tablet might be my next one, but I am quite happy with my Ipad.

This is why windows 8 tabs are better. You can do whatever the hell you want with them. They are x86 and no one is stopping you or limiting you. Just at the moment they are bit cost prohibitive.

I want to install an unapproved Metro application. Can I do that?

you need an android! It is cool to be uncool.

Which is funny seeing as Samsung commercials are about showing how parents use iphone but android is for the cool young kids.

My mother-in-law wanted a computer for basic web surfing, emailing, and other simple tasks. I could have built her a PC, and been on-call for virus removal, component replacement, and software incompatibility issues. Instead, I recommended that she pick up a Mac. She didn't pay any more than it would have cost me to build her a box. She got a very nice machine that serves her every need. And yes, it does have a bit of the shiny factor to it.

Or, you know, you could have installed it with Linux and not been on call ever.
But yes, Apple systems are completely idiot-proof and are mindless computing at its finest.

Also, "shiny factor"?
I think you meant to say hipster factor.

Says the person whose sig is filled with Apple and iTools. :rolleyes:
U mad bro? :D

you need an android! It is cool to be uncool.

Which is funny seeing as Samsung commercials are about showing how parents use iphone but android is for the cool young kids.

Had two. Original S and SII. Carrying battery, flashing ROMs and fiddle fucking until it works "okay" (not correctly but merely "okay") is so 2010.

But yes, Apple systems are completely idiot-proof and are mindless computing at its finest.

Also, "shiny factor"?
I think you meant to say hipster factor.

You tool. His grandmother can't use Linux and besides, to take OS advice from a Windows user is rich as cake.

[/I].

on 10x as much, being most of my not so savvy pc users dislike a change from generations of Windows XP-Vista-7 even, let alone 8, putting Linux on there sure a'int gona help, sure its free but most will pay 100$ to save the headaches

installing Linux i guess make its easy to say nope, you cant run that... or that... or that... nope not that either i guess, although explaining to them how to get an rpm or distro specific app, i see that going just as well, OSX will be similar but much easier to adjust to

as for pricing, seems to configure any recommendation worthy computer is on par with apple, XPS 13/14/15 alienware 14, lenovo , HP by the time you add an SSD and the options the pricing is similar to a macbook

ive been back and forth configuring systems for myself for a few weeks debating what to buy, and it seems everything but the mac has a flaw in my options to choose from, no SSD with this model, or ssd caching only on that model, or some outdated 1330x720 resolution screen, the pricing is pretty much a moot point these days, unless your comparing to a best buy 499 lump of plastic (disposable laptop) , this isnt 10 years ago where the similar PC cost half as much as a similar mac, and there isnt any computers customer built or factory built that touch the apple fit/finish build quality, the Dell XPS 13 is pretty close

The underlined bit says a lot about a mentality that's far more pervasive amongst Apple users than other fanboys. And it doesn't say anything flattering.

The underlined bit says a lot about a mentality that's far more pervasive amongst Apple users than other fanboys. And it doesn't say anything flattering.

If you can't afford a BMW, Ford is still producing vehicles that might fit into your budget.

The amazing thing about apple is that poor or rich, everyone I see has an iphone.

People won't pay rent, but they'll get an iphone. The chinese will cut out an organ for an iphone.

What other company can claim that? Do you see anyone selling their kidney for a Samsung?

Not to mention they still have the best all around tablet on the market.

really?

All my relatives have ipads, and I don't think it's worth shit. I can't do anything useful on it.

really?

All my relatives have ipads, and I don't think it's worth shit. I can't do anything useful on it.

Not shocked a non-Apple user can't figure out how to use an iPad. Not shocking at all. What, with Android's vast and superior market of 5,000 different ways to make a fart app, you've got plenty to keep yourself entertained.

Not shocked a non-Apple user can't figure out how to use an iPad. Not shocking at all. What, with Android's vast and superior market of 5,000 different ways to make a fart app, you've got plenty to keep yourself entertained.

Wtf?

Uh huh. That's right Mr. "16 days". Have your balls dropped yet?

Faster than your computers :p so are you poor or whiny or both? Mommy buy you a 'puter for Christmas?

If you can't afford a BMW, Ford is still producing vehicles that might fit into your budget.

idontcare_about_ipad_thumb.jpg

Looks like the children have crawled out of their holes. Will there ever be an Apple thread without idiots from both camps being complete idiots?

Lost its cool?

No, it never was cool. The "hipster" or "fashion" crap that is spewed on these boards and else were is a bunch of bullshit. Apple put the best ALL AROUND smart phone on the market up until the 4S. Some just can't admit that.

Then the sales figures over inflated the stock price, which was bound to fall.

Finally (with the SII and especially the S3) Samsung started releasing some really nice phones.

yea i totally agree. dont forget Steve Jobs died in that time.... T.T

I've been here 12 years and I've used PCs for 25. I'm not in the wrong place. :)

I never said anything pro-Apple, actually. I said my iPhone doesn't reboot often but that's really about it.

I don't have to love Apple to hate Windows and Android.

Faster than your computers :p so are you poor or whiny or both? Mommy buy you a 'puter for Christmas?

Well, judging by the systems in your sig, hardly faster (on any front) than any of my systems.
Poor or whiny? No, I just don't care for iTools, hipsters, or elitists.

Just because one owns a fleet of expensive Ferraris, doesn't mean they know shit about cars, if you catch my drift. ;)
The Lord Nikon reference made my laugh though.

You tool. His grandmother can't use Linux
Tool? What are you, five?
Where did he say she can't use Linux?

Ubuntu 12.XX/13.XX and Mint are among the easiest Linux distros around, especially for non-computer savvy individuals.
They require no back-end usage for general tasks such as web browsing and e-mail, and work with nearly any system, out of the box.

and besides, to take OS advice from a Windows user is rich as cake.
Being a Linux user, that should be my line.
But in this case, I would much rather take advice from a Windows user than an Apple fanatic (and such a nice one to boot) such as yourself. :p

Wow, a person who bases his life solely on the amount of money one has.
Truly a person whose opinions we can look up to and respect.

I think you'd be much more welcome, and better off, on a Jersey Shore forum.
Just saying.

So tell us iMaster, what exactly can one do with an iPad?
I've used them quite a bit, so please enlighten me with your vast knowledge of the Apple way of life.

So tell us iMaster, what exactly can one do with an iPad?
I've used them quite a bit, so please enlighten me with your vast knowledge of the Apple way of life.

Well, here's a small list of things I do on it when I don't feel like carrying my Air (which admittedly, only has a real world battery life of about 3 hours which I feel is subpar):

- Full web browsing with Photon (app store, not cydia) including Flash
- A lot of games I play with my friends that have other iOS devices (e.g. Scrabble)
- Play some neat indie games that take advantage of the iPad's graphic and touch, motion hardware.
- If I feel like writing something, I open Pages and it automatically syncs via "The Cloud"(tm) with my iMac and other Apple workstations I log into.
- If I feel like listening to music, Pandora, LastFM, and of course, iTunes and my own MP3 collection

I mean what do you want me to say?

- No SD card without adapter!
- No HDMI without adapter!
- It's made in China!

For some people, we don't fucking care about the mediocre shortcomings you can come up with because the hardware has been better for over a year since the iPad Retina (3) was released, I mean where else have you been browsing the web at 2048x15-something the past year? Oh yeah, you haven't because it took the Android and Windows tablet market a full year to make anything close and they're still fond of 1920x1080 to be honest.

Use your ASUS Transformer or whatever the fuck you want to use. That's cool. I don't mind. I don't think it's a lesser product, but the iPad suits my needs without having to install CM or some hokey bullshit to ride around on.

Yes, all of my devices are jailbroken, but only for mere comfort tweaks.

LOL at this thread. I love Apple stuff, I love PC stuff. I'm using my wife as a beta tester for android (got her a new S4 to replace her 4S.) she loves the phone, but it has its quirks. I love certain aspects of it as well. The fact I can run a true WiFi scanner app is nice. The screen is nice. The camera is nice.

The interface? Typical hitchy android stuff - better than the S3 for sure, but it still feels clunky and hitchy compared to the absolute smooth perfect motion and touch sensitivity of iOS. This is a tough one to get over, whether I'm browsing or flipping through apps or whatever, I have gotten so used to the smooth response of the Apple devices.

The battery sucks on the S4, even after disabling almost everything. It has had to be rebooted multiple times. It has locked up a few times. This stuff very rarely happens with Apple stuff. Shit just works.

Apple has lost it's shiny flash, but it's still superior in many ways. The S4 feels like a hunk of cheap plastic. But it's a cool damn phone. Honestly, it's nice having both in the house, but I'm not quite day to make the switch myself. Apple better get on the ball though.

Well, here's a small list of things I do on it when I don't feel like carrying my Air (which admittedly, only has a real world battery life of about 3 hours which I feel is subpar):

- A lot of games I play with my friends that have other iOS devices (e.g. Scrabble)
- Play some neat indie games that take advantage of the iPad's graphic and touch, motion hardware.
- If I feel like writing something, I open Pages and it automatically syncs via "The Cloud"(tm) with my iMac and other Apple workstations I log into.
- If I feel like listening to music, Pandora, LastFM, and of course, iTunes and my own MP3 collection

The exact same things could be said for Android and Surface tablets...

I mean what do you want me to say?

- No SD card without adapter!
- No HDMI without adapter!
- It's made in China!
...except that those actually have SD card and HDMI ports without the need for proprietary adapters.

Use what works, no one was trying to force you to one platform or another, they all have their strengths and weaknesses.
Though with Android there are quite a few more things that can be done such as video playback support and full Flash support, and the Surface running Windows 8 can run all existing desktop applications for x86 processors, which is a huge advantage.

iPads are also highly proprietary, which is good for quality control, but because of that, things like Flash support are cut out without the use of 3rd party apps, and even then, those can potentially be blocked, so it's a bit more of a risk.
But again, use what works.

For some people, we don't fucking care about the mediocre shortcomings you can come up with because the hardware has been better for over a year since the iPad Retina (3) was released, I mean where else have you been browsing the web at 2048x15-something the past year? Oh yeah, you haven't because it took the Android and Windows tablet market a full year to make anything close and they're still fond of 1920x1080 to be honest.
This is much less of an issue than you are making it out to be.

Use your ASUS Transformer or whatever the fuck you want to use. That's cool. I don't mind. I don't think it's a lesser product, but the iPad suits my needs without having to install CM or some hokey bullshit to ride around on.
I will use whatever the fuck I want to use, k, thx, bye. :rolleyes:
Oh, and obviously, if we aren't all iTools or Apple fanatics, you apparently do mind.

Fail.

The exact same things could be said for Android and Surface tablets...

...except that those actually have SD card and HDMI ports without the need for proprietary adapters.

Use what works, no one was trying to force you to one platform or another, they all have their strengths and weaknesses.
Though with Android there are quite a few more things that can be done such as video playback support and full Flash support, and the Surface running Windows 8 can run all existing desktop applications for x86 processors, which is a huge advantage.

iPads are also highly proprietary, which is good for quality control, but because of that, things like Flash support are cut out without the use of 3rd party apps, and even then, those can potentially be blocked, so it's a bit more of a risk.
But again, use what works.

This is much less of an issue than you are making it out to be.

I will use whatever the fuck I want to use, k, thx, bye. :rolleyes:
Oh, and obviously, if we aren't all iTools or Apple fanatics, you apparently do mind.

Fail.

[Citation Needed]

Having to buy a paid application to be able to view Flash is NOT an advantage.

Believe it or not, Android has games too.

Yes, let's just send all of our documents to "The Cloud" so that <insert megacorporation name here> can have access to and view all of your personal documents. I mean, who needs privacy, right?

The iPad seems rather large for an MP3 player.

Because resolution isn't everything and because there is a practical limit to the detail that the human eye can see. Contrast, brightness, and viewing angle all play a part in the quality of the display.

And the "retina" display you are so fond of in the iPad is actually manufactured by Samsung so I really guess you should be thanking them since it is their design and technology. Actually, you should thank Samsung for a lot of things because that processor is manufactured by them as are the RAM chips.

Back