Harddrive question

xman90

n00b
Joined
Jul 2, 2009
Messages
17
So I have a Western Digital Caviar Black 640gig hard drive and I was having a problem with it booting to my windows log-in screen. I've tried my other hard drive to make sure it wasn't any other hardware issues. When I tried to reformat my Caviar Black it would just stay at the part where windows checks the disk. Is my hard drive broken, and what are my options?

Thank you in advance!
 
[Testing the Hard Drive]
Download the CD image of Hitachi Drive Fitness Test, burn the ISO file to a CD, and then boot from it, just like you would do with the XP/Vista install CD. Test the hard drive and see if any problems are found. DFT will run on most manufacturers' hard drives. Alternatively, you can use Seagate's SeaTools for DOS to test a Seagate or Maxtor drive. For a Western Digital drive, you could use Data Lifeguard Tools for DOS to test a Western Digital drive.

Oh and try a different SATA cable as well. Hell try another port even.
 
Back
Top