Hard Drive Replacement

MajorM

n00b
I have a 1 TB hard drive that is going out and I need to replace it before I have any major issues. I have allot of data on it as well as my OS so im thinking about increasing the capacity to around or over 2TB. Im using about 3/4 of my current capacity. So what are some good options for capacity and speed with the current offerings? I havent had to buy in a while other than a few SSD's so im not sure what is good now with the spinning drives.

I know it would be nice to have the OS on a SSD but right now I dont want to buy two drives and the high capacity SSD's are more than I want to spend.

Thanks for any help.

There's always refurbs if money is of prime importance. I just bought 2 3TB Hitachi 7200rpm drive from eBay for $65 each. At this price I'm willing to take a chance. I've had good luck with refurbs and on the rare occasion I get a bad one, the seller always made it right.

I have had great luck with WD Blacks and Reds, the reds actually work really well as a secondary drive. I still use a Black 4tb as my data drive, but I am no longer sure it really provides that much advantage over the Red for what I use it for.

My 500gb SSD is more than enough for OS plus games and apps

Back