• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Hard Drive Bay Wires

ColdCrow

Limp Gawd
Joined
Mar 31, 2005
Messages
289
wires1.jpg

I would like to put a few more hard drives I have laying around as some secondary storage. Only problem I have is I can't get the power cables to come through correctly to these drive bays. If I do manage to connect a few hard drives the cable prevents the case from closing. Anyone suggest any easy power cords that are easy to work with in tight spaces?

I should be able to fit at least 4 more hard drives in this case, only thing stopping me is the cables.
 
Which cables? Did you mean all of them? i.e the power cables and the sata cables?
 
well the power cables are the real problem because they are just hard to bend to get all 6 hard drives plugged in. Sata cables are not the problem, but if there is an easier way I would prefer it.
 
Now you just gotta buy more if you need it.

SATA cable wise, get some right or left angle SATA cables.
 
Back
Top