"hammer Drops", "ko", "ati/nvidia Suxors" "6800gt Is 1337" "ati Leads By Far"

lets keep the technology crap outta the thread; because where legitimate, serious, intelligent conversation is made, THE fan boys shortly follow!

All I can say it's about time for a thread like this...all of this piss moaning in the video card section has forced me to paruse less inhabited forums like Apple...where they just argue over which gen ipod is better... :D

yevaud said:
Well put. Not much to add to that.

Edit: Hey, my balls itch. I sure hope that Nalu isn't some kind of sea skank.

ROFLMFAO :D

Hehe great thread, I especially loved the inhaler part. :eek:

you forgot to add something about all the n00bs signing up for the forums just so they can start these fanboy threads.

The "6800GT R0XX0R5 D00M3 D00D!!!"
"OH YEA WAIT FOR THE ATI HL2 RETRIBUTION"
"YEA BITCH? CHECK OUT THESE BENCHIES FROM AN ILLEGAL LEEKED BETA FROM OVER A YEAR"
BS gets old really fast

I have seen numerous attempts to address this issue but I must say your post nailed it.

:D

Vermicious Knid said:
The "6800GT R0XX0R5 D00M3 D00D!!!"
"OH YEA WAIT FOR THE ATI HL2 RETRIBUTION"
"YEA BITCH? CHECK OUT THESE BENCHIES FROM AN ILLEGAL LEEKED BETA FROM OVER A YEAR"

Classic lol....

I added it to the main post with credit to you, hope you don't mind! If anyone has any other funny stuff to add, post it and I'll add it!

I think you should add "No one hands out a performance crown so stopping using the term." :)

scientificTHEgreat said:
lol

oh you were talking about modding the 12 pipe card x800pro into a 16 pipe card...i see now:)

i thought he was saying the gigabyte vivo card came with 16 pipes already enabled by default

Huh? That is what I said. My Gigabyte X800 Pro VIVO came with 16 pipelines enabled by default, and other owners of the card have reported the same thing as well.

Um can i please be one of the terrible3 :p Im hungry for lunch Nvidia Fanboy is on tha menu tonight lmfao :D

Bump after see another dumb fan boy thread posted this morning. We need to sticky this thread

computerpro3 said:
3. Half Life 2 will come out the same day that Nukem Forever will.
Hah! :cool:

The !!!!!! inquisition is coming for ya shortly, I'd start running and get a headstart... They're quite scary, like those goons in the Capital One CC ads ("What's in your wallet/AGP slot?"). :D

Adding to the complaints:

NO ONE CARES THAT YOU GOT DOOM 3. SHUT THE FUCK UP.

I especially like the !!!!!! threads that come out every 3 hours or so that use different benchmarks to show the same result... Especially the newest one, that puts the 6800u 50 fps above the xt in doom 3, when it's locked to 60 fps. So those fps above 100 don't matter... why do they keep making accounts and posting stupid threads?

fastcoke11 said:
Especially the newest one, that puts the 6800u 50 fps above the xt in doom 3, when it's locked to 60 fps. So those fps above 100 don't matter...
I think i recall the benches your refering to.

Your forgetting one of the main reasons for benchmarking: COMPARISON

IIRC those are AVERAGE fps, they do bear some relevance even though the game is capped at 60.

If one card averages 150 its a hell of a lot less likely to dip below that 60fps mark then one thats averaging 'only' 100fps, which equals better/smoother/seemless gameplay and/or the abillity to turn on more eyecandy.

To follow your line of logic, ALL benchmarking would be useless to anyone who games with vsync on (why bother having a card that averages 100fps if your only gonna see 60,72,whatever)

come on guys, don't turn THIS thread of all threads into a fan boy argument.

Why the hell is the forum editing out fan boy with !!!!!! if I type it in one word? Watch...

!!!!!! !!!!!! !!!!!! !!!!!!

WTF?

I seem to be out of the loop here. What do all the exclamation points stand for? I mean we're allowed to swear in moderation here...so what's the deal?

Is there a new swear filter?

shit

edit: guess not :confused:

I guess the forum is editing out the word !!!!!! only.

Vermicious Knid said:
I think i recall the benches your refering to.

Your forgetting one of the main reasons for benchmarking: COMPARISON

IIRC those are AVERAGE fps, they do bear some relevance even though the game is capped at 60.

If one card averages 150 its a hell of a lot less likely to dip below that 60fps mark then one thats averaging 'only' 100fps, which equals better/smoother/seemless gameplay and/or the abillity to turn on more eyecandy.

To follow your line of logic, ALL benchmarking would be useless to anyone who games with vsync on (why bother having a card that averages 100fps if your only gonna see 60,72,whatever)

You entirely misread my post. It was to show that it's ridiculous to bring up an entirely new thread pointing out the fact that both cards are over 100 fps and one owns the other because it gets 50 fps more. What does it matter? They're both insanely fast, and any card over 100 fps really isn't going to dip down to noticeable levels. That's the point. We all know the 6800u rules the doom benchmarks, so why more and more threads pointing out the same stupid point? So there is no "line of logic" here, simply a statement poking fun at the !!!!!!ism and multiple threads started every hour about the same thing.

computerpro3 said:
Why the hell is the forum editing out fan boy with !!!!!! if I type it in one word? Watch...

!!!!!! !!!!!! !!!!!! !!!!!!

WTF?

hammer down!

truffle00 said:
He was talking about the VIVO...there are 3 cards, the X800 Pro, the X800 Pro VIVO, and the X800XT PE (which also happens to be a VIVO model). The X800 Pro VIVOs tend to come with 1.6 ns RAM (same as XT PE) and have more or less a 100% success rate in being modded to 16 pipelines. You'll find many people modding their X800 Pro VIVOs into XT PEs, with speeds that approach or reach those of the XT PE. Gigabyte seems to have taken the liberty of modding for its customers, and although it is not advertised, their X800 Pro VIVOs come with 16 pipelines enabled out of the box. No warranty voiding needs to be done.

you just made me choose that gigabyte x800 pro vivo as my next card :D

why would it be locked? Like 10 people voted for sticky.... :rolleyes: out of 70 responses 60 have been very positive. The other 9 have been me. Then there's your lock... Read the thread before condemning it.

If you don't like my sig take it to pm, don't crap on my thread.

computerpro3 said:
If you don't like my sig take it to pm, don't crap on my thread.

Fair enough, looks much better now without the sig spam... ;) Freebie bump for ya. :p

I run @ 1600x1200 so it was only 5 lines for me, we had a discussion about sig lenghts in another thread with some other guy and me and we're not sure @ what resolution its at so I jus shortened it to not break the rules.

Thx for the bump.

computerpro3 said:
1. Despite popular belief, Doom 3 will NOT, I repeat, WILL NOT have your babies.
We'll see about that in 9 months. I saw 2 nvidia logos on the pregnancy strip.

pxc said:
We'll see about that in 9 months. I saw 2 nvidia logos on the pregnancy strip.

"The way it's meant to be birthed?" :D Watch out for the extra power requirement of a second placenta tho...

Back