Halo 4 review

Just beat it on Legendary. Wow, the ending was one of the more spectacular ones. I loved the campaign and store of 4. I actually can't wait for 5.

Just beat it on Legendary. Wow, the ending was one of the more spectacular ones. I loved the campaign and store of 4. I actually can't wait for 5.

Now play spartan ops missions they are fun and have cool videos with them. I have enjoyed them played thru part 2 missions today can't wait for the next ones.

Finally started getting into the campaign since I've been waiting for a friend to get some free time. We started straight into Legendary, and it was a blast. A bit frustrating at times, but we were both generally just laughing at all of our ridiculous deaths. Looking forward to continuing in the next few days.

I was able to spend a little time playing the game tonight, and made it to the third or fourth level. So far I'm really liking it, and haven't had any issues with the framerate, or anything of that nature. My only complaint is the voices of the Covenant. It's just not the same... :(

I can generally play FPS games on their highest difficulty settings on the PC, but I found normal hard enough on the the Halo games on the XBOX 360. I guess I suck at FPS games with a controller.

I can generally play FPS games on their highest difficulty settings on the PC, but I found normal hard enough on the the Halo games on the XBOX 360. I guess I suck at FPS games with a controller.

apparently the ending i saw was for legendary only. I used to suck at playing with a controller but I got used to it real quick I am not the best but decent enough to kill noobs and casual players.

Now play spartan ops missions they are fun and have cool videos with them. I have enjoyed them played thru part 2 missions today can't wait for the next ones.

i just played the first mission in episode 2 and have to say its one of the more ridiculous missions. the objectives are to run around back and forth and then the enemies spawn around you. it feels like they're recycling a lot of maps and don't have much creativity to them. some of the first episode was okay, i just hope they get better

apparently the ending i saw was for legendary only. I used to suck at playing with a controller but I got used to it real quick I am not the best but decent enough to kill noobs and casual players.

I just watched the ending on Legendary via Youtube. It's 99% the same as it is for the Normal mode. The only difference is that the video ends about a second quicker. You don't get to see Master Chief's eyes in the normal version. As the helmet comes up it fades to black.

i just played the first mission in episode 2 and have to say its one of the more ridiculous missions. the objectives are to run around back and forth and then the enemies spawn around you. it feels like they're recycling a lot of maps and don't have much creativity to them. some of the first episode was okay, i just hope they get better

That one is a grind for sure, but check out the Spartan Ops Challenges and you'll see it fits perfectly. Also, Spartan Ops is a kick ass way to rank up your Spartan, even without challenges/commendations you'll get close to 4000 XP after each matchmaking round on Heroic. It adds up quick

I just beat the game on Heroic. 343 did a fantastic job. I'm still not a fan of the new Covenant voices, but I liked pretty much everything else this game had to offer! Now to move onto Spartan Ops and multiplayer!

I just beat the game on Heroic. 343 did a fantastic job. I'm still not a fan of the new Covenant voices, but I liked pretty much everything else this game had to offer! Now to move onto Spartan Ops and multiplayer!

Yup.. the sounds are awesome. Very well done, except the grunts voice. that one just grates the hell out of me.

Yup.. the sounds are awesome. Very well done, except the grunts voice. that one just grates the hell out of me.

It's one thing I didn't like either but once the game gets going you get used to it.

Halo 4s campaign was decent, but after one play thru I have no desire to ever do it again.

I tried the multi-player for a few days and its just horrid. Why the Halo series strayed from the magic that was Halo CE's multiplayer I will never know, but Halo4 is just more of the same crap that has been doled since the Battle Rifle ruined the multi-player experience way back in Halo 2. Add in the subpar 720p (thats really only 610p), 30fps, auto aim assist & clunky analog controls and Halo 4s multiplayer is simply terrible.

I'm back to Halo CE on the PC for my Halo multiplayer fix and with the widescreen fixer I am able to play at 2560x1440p 120hz with a nice and wide FOV accented by accurate optical mouse controls.

I still seriously wish they would bring it to the PC. Not gonna buy a 360.

It's worth it I just bought a matte slim from my brother who got a 360 for free the graphics are not par with a PC but the game is worth it. You might as well try it and experience History. I love the Vechicals I never played Halo up untill now I have Reach too now.

Halo 4s campaign was decent, but after one play thru I have no desire to ever do it again.

I tried the multi-player for a few days and its just horrid. Why the Halo series strayed from the magic that was Halo CE's multiplayer I will never know, but Halo4 is just more of the same crap that has been doled since the Battle Rifle ruined the multi-player experience way back in Halo 2. Add in the subpar 720p (thats really only 610p), 30fps, auto aim assist & clunky analog controls and Halo 4s multiplayer is simply terrible.

I'm back to Halo CE on the PC for my Halo multiplayer fix and with the widescreen fixer I am able to play at 2560x1440p 120hz with a nice and wide FOV accented by accurate optical mouse controls.

Im pretty sure its true 720p unlike the previous halos. This one looks a bit sharper.

Haven't used my Xbox in ages, but I'm really surprised you can't download the game from their store.

when it comes to new releases and their store, microsoft tends to lag behind. Reach i believe was out for a few months before available.

my wife and I are playing through again on Legendary through the split screen coop campaign .. having a blast!

Played the single player for about 30 minutes on my nephew's 360 and just ordered me a holiday bundle 360 S. I used to own a 360 years ago and sold it off to a friend before any red rings appeared (which they did about 6 months later plus HDD corruption). But seeing the graphics and gameplay sold me on coming back to the 360.

I also ordered Tales of Vesperia and Lost Odyssey since I haven't played them in years. Its gonna be a early x-mas for me, heh.

I just went balls in and got the Halo 4 edition of the 360. Popped in Halo 4 (duh) and from the little I got to play tonight, I may be going back later on to check out 1-3. I've been using the PS3 for a few years now, and barely touched my PC, and I have to say, I'm really impressed with the 360 and Halo 4.

If either of my sons were a little older, I'd be doing co-op with them. :D

Master [H];1039354215 said:
I just went balls in and got the Halo 4 edition of the 360. Popped in Halo 4 (duh) and from the little I got to play tonight, I may be going back later on to check out 1-3. I've been using the PS3 for a few years now, and barely touched my PC, and I have to say, I'm really impressed with the 360 and Halo 4.

If either of my sons were a little older, I'd be doing co-op with them. :D

Cool cool. I would get Halo CE Anniversary over regular Halo CE, unless you think you will be lanning on 1. Halo CE:A has a little bit worse graphics then reach. The multi in CEA is only 7 maps and 2 playlists intergrated into halo reach's multi. Halo 2 while graphically was good for its time still runs on the original xbox, so could be a little graphically jarring. Theres rumor of a halo 2 anniversary but nothings been officially announced. Theres also ODST, which takes place at the same time as halo 3 as a side story through ODST eyes. What makes it really good though the characters are played by 3 of the main guys from firefly/serenity tv show. Reach has a good single player (back to being a spartan, eyah!) and sets up halo 1 but multi is iffy and subjective to ones preference.

While halo gets bashed, like most console shooters, its still a solid game and they are still expanding the halo universe. Too bad they arent released on the pc platform.

I was considering doing a PC upgrade, but with it's ability to run new games borderline as is and the fact that my kids try to yank my mousing arm away while PC gaming, I just wasn't sure if that upgrade was the way to go anymore.

It was funny watching my one son hold the 360 controller and the game box while I was setting up the system as if he was going to play.

I just finished this on heroic a little while ago. Wow! Fantastic game. Best in the series for sure. 343 did an absolute bang up job. The graphics and the SOUNDS are just... wow. This feels like the first real upgraded Halo game. I'm up to SR36 on multiplayer too. Really liking the SWAT playlist.

I just finished this on heroic a little while ago. Wow! Fantastic game. Best in the series for sure. 343 did an absolute bang up job. The graphics and the SOUNDS are just... wow. This feels like the first real upgraded Halo game. I'm up to SR36 on multiplayer too. Really liking the SWAT playlist.

Beat it either on legendary single player or co-op and you get John 117's armour.

my hats off to all those that beat any of the Halo games on "Legendary" single player .. My wife and I are going through playing split-screen co-op and finding it challenging .. we are always yelling at each other , "I'm Dead! ...Get Safe! ..Get Safe!" .. so then we can respawn :p

my hats off to all those that beat any of the Halo games on "Legendary" single player .. My wife and I are going through playing split-screen co-op and finding it challenging .. we are always yelling at each other , "I'm Dead! ...Get Safe! ..Get Safe!" .. so then we can respawn :p

Was not easy my son and I did it yesterday, but it was fun.

Im pretty sure its true 720p unlike the previous halos. This one looks a bit sharper.

Yup... In an article on Eurogamer, Frank O'Connor said the game runs at 720p natively.

Cool cool. I would get Halo CE Anniversary over regular Halo CE...

I was going to suggest the same thing. It's the same campaign, but with MUCH better graphics. You can even play the game in 3D, if you have a 3D capable television, although I thought it was a little weird when I tried it. If you feel like getting a little nostalgic you can toggle to the original graphics.

Halo 3 is the only Halo game I've actually completed, by myself, on Legendary. The other games I'd just play a level or two. I think I might bite the bullet and play 4 on Legendary, but I think I'll save myself some frustration and do co-op.

Dont worry coop isnt too hard. There is a couple snags but other than that its not too shabby. the big thing that works, is just have one guy stay back some (hiding), using precision weapons or sniping weapons to help take out guys. This way if all the others die, hopefully he wont be in a fight and be able to respawn. It helps to communicate and call out "pimp down, pimp down" and hopefully somebody will get hidden for the split second it takes to respawn. The only board i got left on coop is the last board, midnight. Im currently first 3 of 8 on legendary single and working on that one each week with the single campaign challenge.

I've been playing halo 4 spartan ops with my daughter on legendary its great fun to have weekly content outside of the story to keep the game fresh, though i would like to see new maps for the ops stuff rather then rehash from the story mode.

Trying to play through Legendary solo now. It's shit. Every enemy aimbots you instantly once you leave cover. It's another one of these games that are designed solely around "Normal" difficulty and is damn-near broken when you put it up to the maximum.

The game itself, however, is quite good. I'd say it's the best Halo game so far.

Trying to play through Legendary solo now. It's shit. Every enemy aimbots you instantly once you leave cover. It's another one of these games that are designed solely around "Normal" difficulty and is damn-near broken when you put it up to the maximum.

The game itself, however, is quite good. I'd say it's the best Halo game so far.

Interesting. So, if I liked the first Halo, didn't care much for the second or third, but thought Reach was decent, would I like 4?

The enemy AI, particularly of the Elites, is really good. They seem really reactive to what you're doing rather than just following set attack patterns.

For example, if you try to jump into one of those heavy plasma turrets (can't think of the name) that move very slowly, the Elites will charge up the side towards you before you can even come close to targeting them, and then force you off the turret. If they're too far away to do that, they'll get behind cover and sometimes just fucking stay there, forcing you to get off the turret and fight them head-on. I've had instances where the Elites have got behind me and whacked me for the insta-kill melee, and racing me to get to vehicles first.

It's probably the best AI I've seen in an FPS in ages. Too many games completely ignore good AI and they become nothing more than Whac-A-Mole.

I believe the game was actually designed around Heroic difficulty. At least the old ones were.

Back