• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Halo 3 for PC?

Kty

Limp Gawd
Joined
May 3, 2012
Messages
285
If you have an Xbox like me you probably own one of the top Xbox Exclusive Series games known as Halo. I enjoy it because the fact of the Multiplayer. Knowing how Microsoft put Halo 1, and Halo 2 out on PC around 5 years after the Xbox release, do you think we'll be seeing a Halo 3 PC? Or is it gone in the wind?
 
I can't imagine it would. There's been ODST, Reach, and the Anniversary edition since then, and 4 is just around the corner. If they were going to do it, it probably would've been done a few years ago.
 
Microsoft will force you to upgrade to Windows 8 to play Halo 3, they did that with Vista and Halo 2.
 
LOL I remember that...there was still a XP work around though!

What was their reason? DX10 or some shit? For a DX8 game :p Oh, M$ how I love/hate you so!
 
LOL I remember that...there was still a XP work around though!

What was their reason? DX10 or some shit? For a DX8 game :p Oh, M$ how I love/hate you so!

The XP workaround didn't support multiplayer.

It was to promote Vista. The game was DX9.
 
No. While Microsoft supports Games for Windows Live (somewhat) and recognizes Windows as a gaming platform, its primary gaming focus is the Xbox.
 
Microsoft would much prefer pc gaming to just go away so they could have the dumb masses paying monthly fee for their shit service on their console toy.

Even if halo 3/reach/4 did come too pc it most likely would suffer from the same issues like no dedicated servers and constant reconnecting midmatch issues that plague the console version. Halo 2 on pc managed to have worse netcode then halo 1 i genuinely think they did it on purpose to make people just buy on xbox instead. I could imagine how lazy and terrible a port of a new halo would be on pc.
 
Last edited:
Microsoft would much prefer pc gaming to just go away so they could have the dumb masses paying monthly fee for their shit service on their console toy.

Sadly, this is completely true.

As a Halo fan, I was roped into paying for live and buying a 360 specifically to play Halo 3. I ended up going through FOUR 360s between it's launch and Halo Reach due to various hardware failures, so I bought another console (my fifth) expecting Reach to be completely worth it --- it turned out to be the worst one yet, and a month after the 5th console's 1 year warranty was up, the HDMI port shorted out. For the record, I personally think that none of the Halo games on the 360s come close to the ones on the original Xbox (Halo 1 is my favorite).

Also, there was an issue of Game Informer where someone wrote in saying that they believed that the magazine rated Halo: Reach too highly --- Game Informer responded saying that the person shouldn't have believed that when they bought Halo 1 that they were signing a contract requiring them to buy all of the rest of the Halo games :confused: Of course anyone who enjoys a game is going to be interested in sequels... I'm glad I had the option to not resubscribe to the magazine. As for Halo 4, as much as I want to dust off the 360, shamefully hook it up via component cable (only option left for it), pick up the game on release night, and of course the Xbox Live Gold subscription, I can't justify dropping another penny on anything Xbox related.

On topic: You never know, they could. I know this isn't exactly Halo related, but I read this interview of Cliff Bleszinski about the decision against creating a PC version of Gears of War 2:

“The PC right now is a fair amount different to what it was back in the day, with all the badly integrated video chips,” said Bleszinski to TVG. “Here’s the problem right now; the person who is savvy enough to want to have a good PC to upgrade their video card, is a person who is savvy enough to know bit torrent to know all the elements so they can pirate software.”

Essentially, Bleszinski is saying that Epic Games’ target market isn’t exactly the ones who tend to purchase their software. “Therefore, high-end videogames are suffering very much on the PC,” he added.

My personal take is that if someone is "savvy enough" to install a graphic card, they may have no interest in wasting their time with a less powerful console like the Xbox 360 (which in my case, the 5 that I've owned have had an average lifespan of 1 year each). Developers already lose some money by those pirating console games, so why not make up for the loss a little by selling a PC version as well?
 
I think that it will eventualy come. The coding for the xbox os is so close to
Windows that it wouldent be too much of a problem. They said halo 4 would be on their windows 8 tablet.
 
Microsoft will only release Halo 3 on PC when Xbox 720 (or whatever shitty Vita-like name they've come up) is out. That way, they won't need Halo 3 as the sole reason for any console idiot to buy a 360.

Honestly, I went through the gaming line-up and while there is Tekken and GOW for PS3, there is virtually NO REASON whatsoever to buy a 360 if you have a high-end PC besides Halo 3.

I'm not even sure why they released Halo: Combat Evolved, as it was also the only thing selling their original Xbox.

Like I said, it will come both when Microsoft needs to sell a new OS and when Xbox 720 comes out.
Maybe Windows 9 in 3 years..
 
Just face it, MS's wet dream is for PC gaming to die so all the PC gamers can migrate to their Xbox eco-system. There its closed off and so no mods, only paid DLC, pay for Xbox Live, pay extra for proprietary accessories, etc. Hell, if I was MS, I'd wish for the same as well. :(
 
Just face it, MS's wet dream is for PC gaming to die so all the PC gamers can migrate to their Xbox eco-system. There its closed off and so no mods, only paid DLC, pay for Xbox Live, pay extra for proprietary accessories, etc. Hell, if I was MS, I'd wish for the same as well. :(

LOL.. so true... I prefer pc, but for some odd reason i play xbox more.. Mainly because of halo.
 
According to wikipedia:
Halo 1 (Xbox, 2001), (Windows, Mac 2003): http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Halo:_Combat_Evolved
Halo 2 (Xbox, 2004), (Windows, 2007): http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Halo_2
Halo 3 (Xbox 360, 2007): http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Halo_3

I doubt Halo 3 will ever be released at this rate because the gap in time is just too long and there will not be enough interest for it. Personally, I wouldn't mind playing Halo 3 or even Gears of War 2 or 3 on PC, I've only played the first Halo on PC years ago.
 
According to wikipedia:
Halo 1 (Xbox, 2001), (Windows, Mac 2003): http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Halo:_Combat_Evolved
Halo 2 (Xbox, 2004), (Windows, 2007): http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Halo_2
Halo 3 (Xbox 360, 2007): http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Halo_3

I doubt Halo 3 will ever be released at this rate because the gap in time is just too long and there will not be enough interest for it. Personally, I wouldn't mind playing Halo 3 or even Gears of War 2 or 3 on PC, I've only played the first Halo on PC years ago.

Whoa! Didn't even know that Halo 1 was release for the MAC.
 
Back
Top