Halo 2 for PC

Old news.

This should be the most significant part for most people :

" The game will be only for Vista "

LOL, they are trying to push vista with Halo 2, what a joke... I've never met a person who plays PC FPS games that liked the PC version of Halo...

Well aside from the horrid performance, lack of graphical luster, crappy netcode, lack of servers, pointless addition of two new weapons, shitty controls (You need a mouse with ~5 buttons), the unbalanced banshee, the increased gravity over the console version, and the fact that it was released two years before it came to the PC it was a decent game.

Aww man...what time I spent with the Xbox version...I hope the Vista version is just as good, if not better! We should start a clan already... :D ;)

One thing though...If they don't support earlier DX (9,8) modes, thier gonna have trouble.

Halo 2... umm... yay?

Duke Nukem Forever owns Halo 2 hands down, and it doesn't even have to be released to do it. :D

Ugh Halo, anyone want a free copy of Halo 1? lol.. horrible game.

ScreamingBroccoli said:
LOL, they are trying to push vista with Halo 2, what a joke... I've never met a person who plays PC FPS games that liked the PC version of Halo...

So you're completely blind to the fact that it was once a CPL tournament game?

I'm down.

I've never played Halo 2 before on the XBOX, and I own the damn console. I never liked playing the original Halo on the console as well, and when it came out for Windows I was hooked! Had LAN parties all the time with Halo PC and it is awesome with a KBAM and 1280 x 1024 rez!

Never got a chance to beat Halo PC yet, I guess it's time for me to crack out the old cd again...

Kwincy

I don't really care if it was a CPL game, it still wasn't good, you just had enuff of the xbox halo humpers that just had to play it online...

EgyptBoy20 said:
I can't see why you guys are flaming the game so much...
Some people just can't understand why Halo is so much better than CounterStrike ... but wait, that was an OPINION - :p
Everyone has one, and they are not always the same.

I am not a Halo fan by any means, but I think that everyone can state without equivocation, that the port of Halo to the PC was lackluster.

There are very few games that don't use the PC hardware to its advantage. Halo 1 was one of those...The Xbox version was actually quite a bit better than the PC version. Even if you subtracted the fact that the graphics were horrible in comparison, the gameplay did not transition well. That's is not to say that you couldn't play it, and that no one liked it, it just means that they really did a crap job and that is pretty well documented.

As far as other PC based FPS games being better, well that is opinion, and one I tend to agree with for the most part.

Halo PC did get dogged a lot about its performance, because it did seem a little sluggish on lower end machines at the time. I thought is was a great shooter and two years ago it was still a cool looking game.

I just installed in on my sig rig, and well, its still a cool game, but its definately aged. All the new games from Serious Sam 2 to F.E.A.R. look SOOO much better, but Halo still plays very well I think.

I don't do console gaming, so I've never play Halo 2, (might get a 360 when they get HDDVD) and I'll definitely get this. I have no choice but to be an early Vista adopter since I do software development for a living.

Hey, I'm excited. I still play Halo PC competitively, and I still love it. You're all just haters... ;)

ScreamingBroccoli said:

QFT - I remember getting it when it first came out getting home and playing it and going WTF was so good about this game?

I had a feeling that they would eventually realease it for PC because it seems like microsoft can't resist squeezing every penny they can get out of the Halo series.

lol how dual weilding gonna work with the mouse, oh and....i hope they up the texture resolutions and add in SM3.0 effects.....doubful but a boy can dream

Well if they manage to pump the graphics up to the levels of detail they purported the xbox was going to show us, it should look very nice indeed. I'm stoked, I've always been a KBAM player and although I love my consoles, I should be considerably better at H2 on the PC vs my xbox.

I see two possibilities for this. One, MS thinks that PC users regard Halo 2 as the god of all games and will flock to Vista once it is released on PC, a 3 years old console port or no. I would have a hard time buying an OS from a company so retarded.

On the other hand, they may choose to rework Halo 2 on a modified Halo 3 engine and use it to show off new DX 10 effects that can only be used in Vista. This would make much more sense. Also, I remember an article awhile ago that said that MS was trying to pump more life into PC gaming instead of ignoring it for the console.

I know, I know.....Halo1 for the PC was so horrible compared to other PC shooters....I mean it had guns, vehicles, characters....and a storyline....and online play...which is sooo much less than what other "real" FPS's native to the PC have. :rolleyes:

Come on folks, other FPS's offer NOTHING more than what Halo1 or 2 offer, graphics aside.

TekSomniaK said:
So you're completely blind to the fact that it was once a CPL tournament game?

CS: Source was once a CPL tournament game also...

Because it was a CPL tournament game, doesn't mean it's a good game or that it was balanced.

Everyone complaining about how shitty Halo PC was needs to realise that was crapily ported by Gearbox. Halo 2 is being ported in-house by Bungie. Something tells me they will do a better job with it than Gearbox did.

Viper87227 said:
Everyone complaining about how shitty Halo PC was needs to realise that was crapily ported by Gearbox. Halo 2 is being ported in-house by Bungie. Something tells me they will do a better job with it than Gearbox did.

Depends. Are they gonna toss out all the code and build it from the ground up as a PC game, or is this going to be a 'take Xbox code base, tweak, modify, recompile, release'? Are they going to rebuild the MP code so that there can actually be online co-op? Are they just going to toss co-op altogether? Don't get me wrong, I'm not intending to hack Bungie in any way....but about half the problem of the first port was just that....the whole project was pretty much farm it out to someone who could shovel the code to work under a PC environment. Were this solely Bungie's baby I'd be a little more at ease, but since MS is calling the shots, who knows. The fact that MS wants to tie this thing to Vista is more than enough to raise a black flag on the project....and more than enough to my mind to outweigh the good of having Bungie doing the port. They've got some sort of angle, and more likely than not it'll leave PC gamers in the lurch.

ScreamingBroccoli said:

Hello, I'm KoHaN 69, nice to meet you. :)

lol,,, I enjoyed it was wel,, had never played it in the seXBOX,,, and even managed to play though on a fx5200,,,

halo is and always will be overrated, i have never gotten why people like this game. it was boring, repetitive and did NOT bring anything new to the genre. Halo 2 brought dual wielding, WOW that hadnt been done years before, can only hold 2 weapons, WOW how exciting, im sure there werent games before that limited your selection. the game is crap, on xbox and pc.

i hope its backwars compatible with xp, and that they make some pc multiplayer maps. some of the originals were just to small to play with a lot of players you could not even spawn before being shot. i dont wanna pay 4 or 8 players personally i like 30 or more for intense fun.

to bad they taking for fucking ever to get the game out. funny how halo was originally a rts for the pc coming from people who made mac games, and to jump primarily to the xbox systems. will it be 2010 before halo3 on windows hasta la vista?

M4rk said:
Hey, I'm excited. I still play Halo PC competitively, and I still love it. You're all just haters... ;)

I agree it's a cool game. I'll been looking forward Halo 2 on the PC for a while... I didn't think it would ever materialise :p

I though Halo for pc was a decent game, but then I also didn't expect much, but I'm not going to buy an OS for one game, that would be retarded.

true.

i like halo for the pc, i dont have a xbox so i did not buy it twice. although i played halo one and two on my friends, and other than playing multi agnaist his kids, i prefer playing it on the pc for the controls alone. although i thought its one of the better fps games on the console, call of duty 2 on xbox360 is the only one that feels as crisp. no replacement for mouse and keyboard, but did not feel hindered by the controls either. although if you had to find medpacks, youd be in trouble.

Halo 2 on the PC using a 360 controller.... I'm salivating at that possibility. Not that I need another copy of Halo 2 since I play it more than my 5 other 360 games.

*Opinon warning!* (Approach with caution)
To those that dislike Halo, I will say this. The reason that I enjoy the series is because of the story and weapon balance. By weapon balance, I don't mean as much how much damage each weapon does etc (though that is important), but I mean being forced to only carry 2 weapons and having to make strategic choices in what to carry. Carrying every weapon in the game simultaneously (Doom, Half-Life) is not as appealing to me. I also find that Halo implented vehicles much better than any other FPS that I have played. I have not played much Unreal so I do not know how well they implemented it. I also believe that part of the reason for easier to control vehicles is because of the analog stick(s). Is a mouse more accurate than an analog stick? Probably, but I'm just a console person by nature. Is a keyboard better than an analog stick? No. I do not believe it is at all. That being said Halo 2 on PC will be a niche title due to its late porting. Will Bungie do better than Gearbox? Absolutely. Will it be the top programmers at Bungie doing the port? Probably not.
*Opinion over.*

aZn_plyR said:
Ugh Halo, anyone want a free copy of Halo 1? lol.. horrible game.

For the PC yes it sucks, but for xbox it was the start of a revolution.. Nothing Beats 8 vs 8 CTF in Orginal Halo :D
Halo 2 for Xbox is ok, but their multiplayer was kinda lacking :rolleyes:

-(Xyphox)- said:
For the PC yes it sucks, but for xbox it was the start of a revolution.. Nothing Beats 8 vs 8 CTF in Orginal Halo :D
Halo 2 for Xbox is ok, but their multiplayer was kinda lacking :rolleyes:

8 vs. 8 CTF with good players took us 2-3 hours to finish 1 game to 3 caps. That was so much fun!

I believe that Halo 2 was a good evolution for multiplayer, but there will always be nostalgia with the original. That pistol was way to deadly in Halo 1. :p

Back