Halo 2 did me in

MrWoot

Gawd
and now i'm buying an xbox with live to play it. I was wondering if anyone else out there in [H] land has done this and do they like it?

halo online is very boring. no teamwork whatsoever. best thing to do is get 3 other friends, or even more

joethemole said:
halo online is very boring. no teamwork whatsoever. best thing to do is get 3 other friends, or even more

Thats true for just about any online video game though :p And yea that includes CS. But hey I dunno maybe games like rainbow 6 and what not actually have teamwork in it but just about everyother game is about personal stats and maybe I'll watch your back if I think it'll be profitable for me :D

EDIT: Oh yea forgot to say that if you want actuall teamwork your either going to have to get some friends to play with or join a clan. Otherwise yea everything from fps games to rts games are going to seem like they are filled with 12yr old newblets that are spoiled little punks.

I just went to a xbox Lan party place and played Halo 2 online for the first time on Live. It was entertaining, but damn it takes FOREVER to attach to servers waiting for people.

It was fun though, and suprisingly, the lag was very little.

I think it's foolish to expect coordinated teamplay on public servers for a game that's been out 2 whole days. I bet half the people playing didn't even know the maps yet. Give it a few weeks and things will calm down.

Halo 2 online has to be one of the best for teamwork really :confused:

I mean you get 4 people right there sitting inthe same room and you get to play. If you guys aren't talking to each other that's your fault :p

Typically I'm talking smack to my buds, so there's hardly any teamwork going on in the room :p

QHalo said:
Typically I'm talking smack to my buds, so there's hardly any teamwork going on in the room :p

haha yeah I can relate to that. This would be "teamwork" for me. "dude pull your had out of your ass and kill that fucker"

In response to the question made by the first person, I went out and purchased a $150 system for a 50$ dollar game. Still haven't hooked it up and stuff, mainly because I'm trying to make up for it by selling my 9800 pro :(... Man, by the time Half life 2 comes out, I'll have to spend more money and get a decent graphics card. Life SuX.

PC games have the advantage of being able to pick your server. So if you find a good server with intelligent people who talk to each other and work as a team you go back there. With Live! you directly connect to someone else. Not to menton PC games have dedicated servers and hence more players per server.

Anyways, I played Halo 2 with 5 other guys last night and the game is alright for a console game, but using a gamepad to control your aim sucks. Some things were just made for a mouse and keyboard.

Seongmin said:
In response to the question made by the first person, I went out and purchased a $150 system for a 50$ dollar game. Still haven't hooked it up and stuff, mainly because I'm trying to make up for it by selling my 9800 pro :(... Man, by the time Half life 2 comes out, I'll have to spend more money and get a decent graphics card. Life SuX.
Yeah, it sounds like you have a very tough life :( Hopefully things will get better one day.

Its getting better as we speak!! I just sold both of my 9800 pro's and now all I have left is my 2 x 512 Kingston Hyper X PC4000... Does anyone know if a 9600 Pro will run HL2? :p .

Seongmin said:
Its getting better as we speak!! I just sold both of my 9800 pro's and now all I have left is my 2 x 512 Kingston Hyper X PC4000... Does anyone know if a 9600 Pro will run HL2? :p .
I'm sure 1024x768, no AA or AF, mid-detail level will be fairly smooth.

xbox live is what halo 2 is all about... the single player sucks big time

-warsaw

tacomaboy said:
WTF so far I have played single player is great!!

I've enjoyed the single player as well. I'm on lvl 13 or 14 now. Perhaps we are easily entertained ;)

(coming from someone who enjoyed Doom3)

On "Heroic" or Above the Single Campaign is incredible.

Not Perfect, but much better than Halo 1.

So many cool varied levels. I am near the end I fear, but there are at least four or five parts where I was simply floored how cool it was.

***Spoiler***

The Scarab Takedown
Mombasa City
The Helljumper Level
Arbiter Levels (Cloaked Plasma Sword kills)
The Arbiter "Spectre" Driving Level

[Fate]Doom said:
On "Heroic" or Above the Single Campaign is incredible.

Not Perfect, but much better than Halo 1.

So many cool varied levels. I am near the end I fear, but there are at least four or five parts where I was simply floored how cool it was.

***Spoiler***
Yeah I'm playing Heroic my first time through and wholey agree.

]|[ Mar']['in ]|[ said:
haha yeah I can relate to that. This would be "teamwork" for me. "dude pull your had out of your ass and kill that fucker"
Funny thing is, i have heard martin say that before :p

]|[ Mar']['in ]|[ said:
Yeah I'm playing Heroic my first time through and wholey agree.
I am on lvl 11 on Heroic... i tried a few last on Legend and got my ass handed to me.. so it should be fun playing that :D

Back