Half-Life Playstation 2 co-op - Two keyboards?

Eidolon

Limp Gawd
Okay, I know that not very many people play Half-Life on the PS2, but I bought it for about $10 a while ago in order to play the co-op game with my friends. I know that you can connect a USB keyboard and mouse in order to play the singleplayer game, but does it also work for the co-op game. Also, I was wondering if there was any way to connect 2 keyboards and 2 mouses for the co-op or multiplayer using a USB hub. Thanks! :D

Man... I actually have to bump this because of all the Doom III threads. :mad:

actually, a crappy port of a 6 year old game can kiss MY ass

i am guessing no

hl is dead along with cs
just say fuck it and let it die. doom3 will own everything

[RIP]Zeus said:
hl is dead along with cs
just say fuck it and let it die. doom3 will own everything

Yes with its 4 players of madness! WOW i'm so dropping everything else now.... CS may suck as well as hl but hl for PS2 sucks alot more! heh =D But then theres JO (150 players on servers), frag ops for ut2k4, etc. Maybe the mods will make d3 better BUT by then hl2 is suppose to come out and that will be much more MP friendly then d3. :D

Tazman2 said:
Yes with its 4 players of madness! WOW i'm so dropping everything else now.... CS may suck as well as hl but hl for PS2 sucks alot more! heh =D But then theres JO (150 players on servers), frag ops for ut2k4, etc. Maybe the mods will make d3 better BUT by then hl2 is suppose to come out and that will be much more MP friendly then d3. :D

Are positve about this???
do you have pure proof that hl2 will have better mp?. do you have legit info about this. or are you talking out your ass?

lol pure proof about half life 2 having better multiplayer than doom 3...oh boy. Doom 3 is centered mostly around single player with Quake 4 being the multiplayer aspect of ID's plans. Half life was always a mixture of both, so I think it is safe to say that it WILL have a better multiplayer experience than Doom 3 without proof ;)

Eidolon said:
I'm going to keep bumping this thing. Doom 3 can kiss my ass.

HAHAHAHAHAHA.

im with this guy, screw doom 3, im waiting for half life 2.............oh and screw CS and CS Source also.

XxMe_LoCoxX said:
HAHAHAHAHAHA.

im with this guy, screw doom 3, im waiting for half life 2.............oh and screw CS and CS Source also.
Thank you, dude! :D

Oh, and BTW everybody, I still play Half-Life every now and again. But I've learned my lesson about posting on this forum for the next month or so... Unless I want to talk about Doom 3 I might as well not bother. :mad:

Eidolon,

Sorry about all the negativity. Doom 3 fan boys can be ruthless, as can any asshole allowed to have a forum account. Unfortunately I've left a fair number of forums not wanting to deal with negative bastards who seem to enjoy jerking people around.

That said, fortunately a good number of the people on the HardOCP forums are friendly, and I've had pretty good luck myself. Here's hoping your experiences turn around soon.

While I have Half-Life for the PS2, as well as a Linux Kit and other goodies, I had NO IDEA you could play with a keyboard and mouse. The thought just never occurred to me(, as several good ideas sometimes don't. ;) So you have the game. Have you tried using two keyboards and mice yet? That would be amazing if it actually works. Maybe I'll have to try that soon! ;)

In the meantime, I'm having trouble with multiple USB 2 devices through a hub. Gonna post another thread and look for answers. But in the meantime, I'd get an account and post on cheapassgamer.com to find out about Half-Life on PS2. Pretty good crowd over there (though some can be asses), and you might have better luck with your question if you haven't tried it yourself yet.

Best wishes and take it easy,

Merk

Thanks, MERKMAN.
I was wondering if anyone was going to post something other than a berating reply. I tried two keyboards and mouses and only one set registered. I'm assuming that this is a limitation of the game and not the USB hub I'm using. Oh well... :rolleyes:

For everyone else, yes, I know HL is old. Yeah, it's outdated. And yes, I agree that the PS2 version is kind of average. I really just wanted to mess around with the co-op. Believe it or not some people play games so that they can have fun, not just so that they can drool over the graphics or crap their pants from getting scared. Frankly I'm really getting tired of people telling me that some of the games that I play are "horrible" or "crappy". Obviously I don't agree. What were you expecting me to say in reply???:

"Oh my god! Thank you for correcting my error in judgment. Obviously my ignorance regarding the quality of this game was making me enjoy it too much. From now on I will agree with you that it is totally lame. If you hadn't made me aware of how horrible it was I might still be having fun. I'll be sure to go out and buy a copy of Doom 3 ASAP."

Since that ain't happening, please please don't bother informing me that you hate my games. :mad:

kronchev said:
actually, a crappy port of a 6 year old game can kiss MY ass

i am guessing no

kronchev! I actually agree with you for once! lol... HL bleh.

Isn't there a rule about thread crapping? And most of you are doing just that. Is there a moderator ANYWHERE on this forum? Jesus.

eddie opens door.gif

First post is a 19.5 year bump. I see good things in your future.

To answer the original question, it was not possible to play co-op with two keyboards and mice. You have the same issue you run into trying to use multiple keyboards in Windows, but you can't work around it to get them both working independently on a console like you can on PC.

Back