Half-Life 3 Trolling At Its Finest

I like how the foreground of the photo has a bunch of crowd-control racks in front of the venue....but no crowd and just a pair of indifferent locals walking.

Kind of fitting.

Hard to believe this is still a thing. At this point, if HL3 actually was sold, I'd wait until I could pick it up for 3 bucks on a Steam sale. The meme's been going on more than 1/2 my life.

Gabe will be dead before this happens. :eek:

I like how the foreground of the photo has a bunch of crowd-control racks in front of the venue....but no crowd and just a pair of indifferent locals walking.

Kind of fitting.

I'm pretty sure it's not even open to anyone yet.

Anyone read German? Mine is so bad I can't translate the second line... :confused:

Anyone read German? Mine is so bad I can't translate the second line... :confused:

According to google translate, "Editors, who played it back then"
The Banner actually reads "Half-Life: 3 editors who played it back then" not "Half-life 3:..."

The game between "Sniper 3" and "Titanfall 2" is "Torrment" ...can't read the subtext

Halife: 3
editors, who played it back when

That is some magnificent trolling. lol And don't kid yourselves, if HL3 is ever released, it will be a big deal. I can't say if it will be good or not, but there will definitely be excitement for it.

I kind of don't understand why it hasn't happened yet.

I know valve doesn't really make their own games anymore, but they could easily contract or license an outside studio to conclude the series, and get a number of guaranteed sales...

Halife: 3
editors, who played it back when

That is some magnificent trolling. lol And don't kid yourselves, if HL3 is ever released, it will be a big deal. I can't say if it will be good or not, but there will definitely be excitement for it.

It will be a big deal no doubt. But every bone in my body feels like it would be complete garbage and a cash grab and dishonor the franchise. Nostalgia can never be appeased by new. At this point we would expect a holy grail of a game lol.

But the trolling is pretty funny.

It will be a big deal no doubt. But every bone in my body feels like it would be complete garbage and a cash grab and dishonor the franchise. Nostalgia can never be appeased by new. At this point we would expect a holy grail of a game lol.

But the trolling is pretty funny.

Agreed. Due to nostalgia, even if done right, a HL3 will never live up to expectations. Maybe that's why no one has touched it yet.

It is crazy that Valve is no longer really a game developer. They are a publisher and a storefront. What was the last game they released? Dota 2?

It is crazy that Valve is no longer really a game developer. They are a publisher and a storefront. What was the last game they released? Dota 2?

Yeah Dota is like Jul 09, 2013
release date

I wish they would make another Left for Dead type of that that would go over big maybe not as big as Dota 2 but valve is smart.

TF2 and LFD3 would be the only thing getting me to upgrade to a new pc and purchase 4-8 copies for family. That is when steam really kicked off for me.

Yeah Dota is like Jul 09, 2013
release date

I wish they would make another Left for Dead type of that that would go over big maybe not as big as Dota 2 but valve is smart.

It would be one thing if their last game came out three years ago and there was something they were talking about, but instead, just silence. I guess you can do that when you have a store that prints money.

Half Life 3 Silver.jpg

If the Vortigaunts are going to revive Eli like they did Alyx, Valve better make HL3 before Robert Guillaume dies in real life :p

Agreed. Due to nostalgia, even if done right, a HL3 will never live up to expectations. Maybe that's why no one has touched it yet.
Whos expectations? Yours? Mine? Billys? Expectation ranging from 0-100? From ppl ages 1-99 or those who even heard of HL? Are you making a personal comment reflecting your own expectations because then I get it. But I don't think you speak for everyone.

My PERSONAL expectation would be "OK cool they made it...finally" and I would not care much if it really was shit because then I'd not have to care anymore. That's it. And I've played Every game in the series at least 5 times. HL at least 8

edit. I would actually EXPECT it to follow canon. Nothing more, nothing less.

Last edited:
Whos expectations? Yours? Mine? Billys? Expectation ranging from 0-100? From ppl ages 1-99 or those who even heard of HL? Are you making a personal comment reflecting your own expectations because then I get it. But I don't think you speak for everyone.

My PERSONAL expectation would be "OK cool they made it...finally" and I would not care much if it really was shit because then I'd not have to care anymore. That's it. And I've played Every game in the series at least 5 times. HL at least 8

edit. I would actually EXPECT it to follow canon. Nothing more, nothing less.

His statement is what has been brought up many times. Even by people at Valve. You personally might be willing to let a lot slide, but you are only one person. They are going to want to sell more than one copy.

first off fps games now are much different than games of the age of HL2 so they would have to change a lot to get the game play on par with current gen of games. On top of that it had been so long now that they would need to have something to get people caught up on the game's back story.

Then you have the issue of convincing people to buy it day one because if people wait for the price to drop down to less than $5 it would only prove that they can't make money off the series anymore.

Back