Thank you for using "Uncanny valley" in the correct way. It does my head in to see all those who think it means the opposite.
- Cutting edge character facial, animation and human like behavior, just like HL2 was at the time, borderline uncanny valley.
Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.
Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.
Thank you for using "Uncanny valley" in the correct way. It does my head in to see all those who think it means the opposite.
- Cutting edge character facial, animation and human like behavior, just like HL2 was at the time, borderline uncanny valley.
What the hell is the opposite of the uncanny valley, the uncanny ridge? Can you give an example? I have never seen anyone think it means the opposite, because there is no opposite concept.Thank you for using "Uncanny valley" in the correct way. It does my head in to see all those who think it means the opposite.
The opposite would be real fidelity/ truthness.What the hell is the opposite of the uncanny valley, the uncanny ridge? Can you give an example? I have never seen anyone think it means the opposite, because there is no opposite concept.
Thurthness is not even a real word. And real fidelity is meaningless combination of words. Fidelity does not need to be qualified as "real" because "non-real" fidelity would just be a lack of fidelity. Just as passing over the uncanny valley does not mean you reached its opposite.The opposite would be real fidelity/ truthness.
I know what it is, that's why I also know claiming it has an opposite makes no sense. A lack of something is not its opposite.Uncanny valley is the unnerving dread feeling that what you see is not right and something/someone is mimicing while trying to fool you.
IDK in what environments you move where you need this "skill" to survive.A very usefull passive survival ability if you asked me.
IDK in what environments you move where you need this "skill" to survive.
That's not as shocking as it first seems. There were several human like apes. But they all went extinct except for homo sapiens.
Probably works with diseases/plagues too. Visible signs of infection that alter an appearance could trigger it as well. And that fits with the survival theme.That's not as shocking as it first seems. There were several human like apes. But they all went extinct except for homo sapiens.
Truthfulness is what they were going for I think.Thurthness is not even a real word. And real fidelity is meaningless combination of words. Fidelity does not need to be qualified as "real" because "non-real" fidelity would just be a lack of fidelity. Just as passing over the uncanny valley does not mean you reached its opposite.
I know what it is, that's why I also know claiming it has an opposite makes no sense. A lack of something is not its opposite.
IDK in what environments you move where you need this "skill" to survive.
Probably works with diseases/plagues too. Visible signs of infection that alter an appearance could trigger it as well. And that fits with the survival theme.
No, maybe a bad choice of words, but what I meant is that I see so many people using the "Uncanny valley" expression to describe bad graphics, when something that you easily see is not real does not give you that uncanny valley feeling at all.What the hell is the opposite of the uncanny valley, the uncanny ridge? Can you give an example? I have never seen anyone think it means the opposite, because there is no opposite concept.
I'd say it is an misunderstanding to say the uncanny valley feeling is meant solely to point out who's an android or not in a far future. You can get the uncanny valley feeling if you think someone's watching you, or the birds suddenly stop singing.
You can say something is uncanny without invoking the uncanny valley. You don't get an uncanny valley feeling, you get an uncanny feeling even when dealing with the uncanny valley.I'd say it is an misunderstanding to say the uncanny valley feeling is meant solely to point out who's an android or not in a far future. You can get the uncanny valley feeling if you think someone's watching you, or the birds suddenly stop singing.
It is a vague feeling of unease, that something is not right and that there might be danger.
There was a time when we had the option of choosing software rendering or 3d hardware rendering in games. Then some games started to require 3d hardware. The rest writes itself.I'd love it, but this one would shut out older and lower end systems. I've been dreaming about fully destructible worlds for ages, but to really make it work you need full ray tracing. Not multi-bounce path tracing, but it would need to ray trace all the lighting, shadows, etc. On a good day it would be like Metro Exodus Enhanced Edition where RT has low/med/high type settings instead of just the on/off RT setting we get in a lot of games. You can't bake rasterized lighting and shadow maps for every possible condition a fully destructible world could end up in. Yeah you can make a building fall down but doing physics simulations for what falls over when it gets blown up and the what can be anything just isn't going to work with pre-calculated baked lighting. There are just too many possible combinations to pre-calculate all of them, so you need RT to get the destructible part right.
I think we agree, because my point was that there is no difference between having an "uncanny feeling" and "uncanny valley" feeling in psychology and how the brain works, The uncanny valley scenario triggers the uncanny feeling in the brain, just like when birds stop singing before a thunderstorm.You can say something is uncanny without invoking the uncanny valley. You don't get an uncanny valley feeling, you get an uncanny feeling even when dealing with the uncanny valley.
You, I like you.i hope its free with hats