• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Half Life 2 = Meh, WT M8s

Steel Chicken said:
did anyone recognize the voice of the crazy preist in ravenholm?
I did, i think , but im not telling
It does sound familiar, but I don't have a name in mind.
 
Steel Chicken said:
did anyone recognize the voice of the crazy preist in ravenholm?
I did, i think , but im not telling

Uh.. when you finish the game.. you can just look at the credits..
 
Conker said:
HL1's story is way better thats for sure. I bet hl1 source is gonna own hl2 in story but not in graphics.
You completely lost me with this.
 
ok I just finished the car level and I dont have any idea how far I am from the end of the game but I did notice something ...
those little alien dudes
they are really greatful for Gordon
there is one you can talk to and he will say alot of things (right before you get your hydroplane or before you get the gun upgrade)
so as it seems they are helping humans because they were enslaved by the alien species ....

.... here are my questions:
why did they dry up the lake ?
where do you find the evolution drawing ?
why are there zombies still ?
columbine soldiers are part human part machine ?

... i cant wait to beat the game ... playing it on the middle difficulty finally came into effect as I am getting my butt handed down to me by the groups of soldiers that storm my camping ass

keep in mind i havent beaten tha game yet
 
Spoliers





My only gripe was the weak ass ending battle. In the original Half life, making it to the end was a serious accomplishment. All I had to do was suck balls out of the power cores and hit the center. No problem... game over? Thats it ! It reminded me of like a mario final fight. Also no real bosses throughout the entire game. However I still loved it to death, and the whole game was mint start to finish. I just wish it didnt end so fast.
 
Really, is the story that important? You know the "premise" of the game. Just sit back and enjoy the awesome graphics/physics, and have fun beating the game. There's always something new happening in this game; something that hasn't been seen before in video games.
 
Agent Orange 615 said:
Spoliers





My only gripe was the weak ass ending battle. In the original Half life, making it to the end was a serious accomplishment. All I had to do was suck balls out of the power cores and hit the center. No problem... game over? Thats it ! It reminded me of like a mario final fight. Also no real bosses throughout the entire game. However I still loved it to death, and the whole game was mint start to finish. I just wish it didnt end so fast.


I can agree with that. I was really hoping that you'd destabilize the teleporter and get whisked away with Breen. Maybe if the Xen levels in the original weren't so universally hated they would have done that. I personally loved the Xen levels. They were completely different from everything else you had to deal with i the rest of the game, and I bet if reviewers and gamers alike hadn't hated them that they would have done something similar the second time around.
 
the most bossy thing in the game = striders.

the end was kinda like unreal 2's ending.

you have the best weapon, so its easy shit.
shit, i dont even REMEMBER unreal 2's ending.
 
Half life 2 is a very fun game. the way the physics engine works is great and the different veichles are great too but it still misses a good story. I think the game game would be an epic if it just had some sort of story telling.

I remmebered when I played Deus Ex and i just didn't want to quit because I want it to find out what was going to happen to JC next. The game was very interactive and the story was great and that is what made it such a great game.

Half life 2 is fun but just an above average fps to me. I am not hooked to the game because it feels like all i am doing is shooting and running away from the enemy. The Premise is really good but they don't expand on it at all in the game and i think it really hurts the game overall.
 
Hyper_Psycho said:
columbine soldiers are part human part machine ?



*Combine ...columbine was that school where those kids shot and killed a bunch of other kids
 
to the guy with the first post, if you dont like how the game is, return it and get a different one....dont come on here to bitch about it.
 
WickedAngel said:
Sometimes the simplest solutions are the hardest to come by...

For instance, calculus theorems and trigometric anomalies are no problem for me, but throw me some ghetto geometric concepts and I might have to think for a bit.

why does that make me laugh so hard
 
HL2 is an absolutly fantastic game but the lack of a complete story makes it come in number 5 on my list of favorite games. Behind Zelda 64 (OoT), Goldeneye007, NOLF1, and Resident Evil 2
 
im diggin whats left of the story
like it all comes together near the end
like at the part where you teleoprt with the alyx
I pretty much loved that prison stage before it
and now having Dog do crazy stuff, funanza ....
I wonder when you can get squads and stuff
im pretty sure im near the end of the game now ..
 
Hyper_Psycho said:
why are there zombies still ?

there are still zombies because..

spoilers... maybe?

the combine use them headcrabs in those missiles you see flying around from time to time. but the zombies also attack the combine since they are just mindless leeches looking for a new host.

the combine are also slugs. or some weird. green things. you can see it in the last level and the 2nd one where you meen dr kliener. breen is talking to the... queen? on the screen.

the ending of teh game also sets up for an obvious halflife3 or expansion packs. (im looking foward to being barney and alyx since she has that crazy pistol thats automatic)
 
WaterproofPaper said:
there are still zombies because..

spoilers... maybe?

the combine use them headcrabs in those missiles you see flying around from time to time. but the zombies also attack the combine since they are just mindless leeches looking for a new host.

the combine are also slugs. or some weird. green things. you can see it in the last level and the 2nd one where you meen dr kliener. breen is talking to the... queen? on the screen.

the ending of teh game also sets up for an obvious halflife3 or expansion packs. (im looking foward to being barney and alyx since she has that crazy pistol thats automatic)

soo they are just there as a weapeon
how strange
that graveyard level had those crazy ass zombies
i was like freaked out
i wish they left the sunset part of that stage (like it was in the beta)
anyway .... im near the end
its getting crazy ...
 
i guess it would be the easiest way to clean out a town of resistance people. headcrabs take care of hte resistance and just build a barricade around the city.. or they can just kill the zombies
 
REweskerqchaos0 said:
There was another topic with this link in it. This will help clear up the confusion a few of you guys have.



*EXTREME SPOILER*

HL Time-Line

Looks to me like the guy just made up some stuff to both preface the first game and fill in the gaps between the first and second games. It says right at the top, "Here are my thoughts..." Now if this is official then I take it back, but it doesn't look official at all to me. It looks like some sort of HL fanfic timeline.
 
Dijonase said:
Looks to me like the guy just made up some stuff to both preface the first game and fill in the gaps between the first and second games. It says right at the top, "Here are my thoughts..." Now if this is official then I take it back, but it doesn't look official at all to me. It looks like some sort of HL fanfic timeline.

dont you get a feel that this is all like the matrix threads .. you know after reloaded everyone was speculating on what is going on ... hehe

but yeah his timeline is pretty good
 
Yeah unfortunatly its not offocial, but it seems to me the guy compiled the data from all the small tidbits of story (unfortunaly there far and few between in HL2). I actually remember at somepoint in both games observing most of the things he put in his timeline. Actually the only thing i dont remember is that it all started in '95?
 
Back
Top