• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

had to reactivate windows today

t00thless

Limp Gawd
Joined
Oct 6, 2004
Messages
474
i updated my ati drivers today.i also used driver cleaner pro. after rebooting, windows told me "due to hardware changes, i had to reactivate my windows in 3 days"

using the 'net wouldn't work. automated system wouldn't work. a phone rep gave me a new activation number pretty quickly, but man that was annoying.

has anyone else had to reactivate windows becuase of driver updates??? i understand reactivating after foramtting, but drivers? c'mon microsoft.
 
The drivers probably made windows see 2 old(er) ATI display cards be removed and 2 new(er) ATI display cards installed.

Same thing happens using Daemon Tools sometimes.
 
Hmmm and I'm guessing he didn't update his drivers just because he likes to use the latest ones. I bet he's a gamer.

Now ask him what game it is and if it plays on Linux any distro?

:rolleyes:
 
I've updated my drivers many times, but have never had to re-activate. Luck of the draw I suppose. I have seen people who always seem to be reactivating.
 
Langford said:
I've updated my drivers many times, but have never had to re-activate. Luck of the draw I suppose. I have seen people who always seem to be reactivating.


Same here...
 
Grimmda said:
Hmmm and I'm guessing he didn't update his drivers just because he likes to use the latest ones. I bet he's a gamer.

Now ask him what game it is and if it plays on Linux any distro?

:rolleyes:

*cough* ubuntu or kubuntu (should work natively now)

dont forget that with any distro, you can make it work with wine.
 
protias said:
*cough* ubuntu or kubuntu (should work natively now)

dont forget that with any distro, you can make it work with wine.


Ha. Now im a pretty big linux user myself but i challenge you to get BF2 to run on Wine and make it run well. Also Ubuntu and Kubuntu wont run any windows apps natively to my knowledge. They also must use wine like every other distro. Gaming in Linux isnt there yet sadly.
 
this was the first time anything like this has every happened. yes, ive had to activate after reinstalling windows - i can tollerate that.

and updating the drivers did me no good! oblivion still crashes after 2-3 mins of playing. i cannot nail down whats going on.

ive got a plan: very soon im going to image my machine so if this happens again. and i may revert back to 2k if i get bored enough.

after actually buying xp, thats right, i paid money for it :D , im not going to linux just yet.
 
Back
Top