• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Hackers Attack Key Net Traffic Computers

HardOCP News

[H] News
Joined
Dec 31, 1969
Messages
0
According to BusinessWeek, at least three of the thirteen computers that manage global computer traffic were overwhelmed by hackers with attacks that lasted more than 12 hours.

Experts said the unusually powerful attacks lasted as long as 12 hours but passed largely unnoticed by most computer users, a testament to the resiliency of the Internet. Behind the scenes, computer scientists worldwide raced to cope with enormous volumes of data that threatened to saturate some of the Internet's most vital pipelines.
 
The Redundancy Department of Redundancy should mirror the 13 vital computers elsewhere.
 
Internet's most vital pipes
What kind of pipes are these? Sick, just sick :eek: :eek: :p I mean, does someone really need that much pron? :p

In all seriousness, I don't understand why someone would want to attack the internet servers. :confused:
 
stupid media

Lets look this one over.....they went after the root servers...but only got to three of them, leaving 9 more to take the load. Weaksauce. Shouldnt of even mention that they got hit....that would of really pissed off those south korean bot herders.
 
"Build it, and they will come".. To destroy what you have built that is.. Why should the internet be any different than the rest of reality..

I'd be willing to bet there will be more of this, at ever escalating levels over time.. Cyberwar:D
 
"Build it, and they will come".. To destroy what you have built that is.. Why should the internet be any different than the rest of reality..

I'd be willing to bet there will be more of this, at ever escalating levels over time.. Cyberwar:D

lol I'm betting these people see those computers as the cyber Mt. Everest. If its there they will want to conquer it.
 
And this is why there should be severe felonies for hacking. Period. It is sickening to think how a great tool like the internet, which SHOULD be for the sharing of information and usable by everyone, is turned into a pit of crap by a bunch of misfit nerds with no common sense who are just frustrated because they aren't getting laid.
 
And this is why there should be severe felonies for hacking. Period. It is sickening to think how a great tool like the internet, which SHOULD be for the sharing of information and usable by everyone, is turned into a pit of crap by a bunch of misfit nerds with no common sense who are just frustrated because they aren't getting laid.

there are, and they are totally unreasonable... didnt some guy get life in prison for hacking into a webserver... i mean comeone, life? wtf? most people prosecuted for murder dont even get life (except on tv)
 
Heh, I will worry the day I see them taking out more than half of the top servers... they are massive and I don't think any hacker has the bandwidth nor the balls/patience to do something like that... you are talking about a global ddos involving tens of thousands of computers if not hundreds of thousands.
 
Well, I suppose it's a good thing there isn't anybody out there who is educated, well-funded, and dedicated to disrupting society.

"You can take off those C4 vests now, boys. There are only 12 targets and we can do it from home."
 
And this is why there should be severe felonies for hacking. Period. It is sickening to think how a great tool like the internet, which SHOULD be for the sharing of information and usable by everyone, is turned into a pit of crap by a bunch of misfit nerds with no common sense who are just frustrated because they aren't getting laid.

Heh, I will worry the day I see them taking out more than half of the top servers... they are massive and I don't think any hacker has the bandwidth nor the balls/patience to do something like that... you are talking about a global ddos involving tens of thousands of computers if not hundreds of thousands.

Well, I suppose it's a good thing there isn't anybody out there who is educated, well-funded, and dedicated to disrupting society.

"You can take off those C4 vests now, boys. There are only 12 targets and we can do it from home."
Well, if you have ever gone to the Blackhat Convension (or heard of some of the talk there), you would know that some of these guys are incredibly smart. In fact, they know things the feds don't and will teach them some of the tricks they use. There are talks in which get incredibly indepth on routering protocols. I have never been there, but I would like to go just to see how scary it really is and to learn how much I really do need to study more.

/sarcasm

I'll go put my tinfoil hat on now because they'll use the gibson and some satellites to listen to my thoughts.

/end sarcasm

Ok, maybe I went a bit overboard there :p
 
Hackers: HACK T3H PLANETS!??!!1!1!
hackers13.jpg


Admins: OH EM GEE, THEY ARE GOINGZ AFTER TEH GIBSON!!!1!!?!
hackers.jpg
 
Na, I felt the slow down. Odd that I didn't get the info tell late.. Oh Well.
Man I need to climb the ladder a some more so I can site and work on these problems.
I always love the tough ones.
 
I would say the feds have a rather decent set of teams now. Decent I say, Not Brillant!
I would also say we are at the most 2 years away from a very strong group of teams in place. Of course it depends on how they manage their projects. They could pull this off in a year if they get the right people.
Most infrastructures are based on american designed and engineered equipment! We have the blue prints to most everything produced. If not we always have ways of getting stuff.

Remember there are more people against the exploiters than their are for them.
I used to be an exploiter back in the day and I must say it was a very lonely existence.

I much prefer the life i have now.




Well, if you have ever gone to the Blackhat Convension (or heard of some of the talk there), you would know that some of these guys are incredibly smart. In fact, they know things the feds don't and will teach them some of the tricks they use. There are talks in which get incredibly indepth on routering protocols. I have never been there, but I would like to go just to see how scary it really is and to learn how much I really do need to study more.

/sarcasm

I'll go put my tinfoil hat on now because they'll use the gibson and some satellites to listen to my thoughts.

/end sarcasm

Ok, maybe I went a bit overboard there :p
 
Back
Top