• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

H80i pump normally noisy??

AthlonXP

Fully [H]
2FA
Joined
Oct 14, 2001
Messages
20,694
Just wondering as that it the noisiest part on my computer currently.
 
What do you consider noisy?

I ran my case fans at around 1000rpm and could never hear the pump over them. These pumps aren't silent but I wasn't really bothered. They're also normally buried in the case so that helps.

I've run into a couple of bad pumps that do run abnormally loud though.
 
What do you consider noisy?

I ran my case fans at around 1000rpm and could never hear the pump over them. These pumps aren't silent but I wasn't really bothered. They're also normally buried in the case so that helps.

I've run into a couple of bad pumps that do run abnormally loud though.

Yeah I think this one might be. Going to try another one today to see what happens.
 
Try shaking it while having the radiator above it. These all in one units can have a small amount of air in them, which would cause noise if it was sitting in the pump. :D
 
What /\ /\ /\ says but have pump running when you do it. It helps move the air up into radiator.
 
I simply moved my rad higher than the pump and gave the pump a shake before mounting. My sound went away.

It sounded like a clicking noise before when it had air in it.
 
My pump was noisy till I got all the air out of it, took a few mins
 
i know for my h100i there was a firmware update that said it got rid of noise in the pump, thankfully mine shipped with the update already in place.
 
Maybe a noobish question but where can I get the latest firmware for my h80i? (1.0.4)
 
Back
Top