H220X Performance

psyclist

Gawd
Hey Guys,

So it looks as though the H220X is finally going to ship in the next week or so as per the thread over on their forum. Any Ideas on performance? its got the New Apogee XL block and a pump just a bit less powerful than the MCP35X. I just about gave up and bought an H220, but I think this is going to work better. No push-pull but my AP-29's will be just fine with that.

Will be replacing my H100i with this, it was fine for my 1155 setup, but 2011 just makes too much heat to really push the processor

Yeah im coming into the news late, but it bugs are fixed and shipping to testers this week or next. I will just sit tight, not in a huge hurry but looking forward to when it drops!

I would pick a cooler máster glacer 240L (or 360L if possible) all the day with a push/pull noctua NF-F12 and win. With the h220X you are very limited to push intake or pull exhaust..

Im in Canada and had the H220 on order, but after some more research last night, decided I would wait on the H220X and pay a little more. Like I said, im never going to do Push/Pull, I will just run my AP29's in a pull setup. I have the 500R which makes the H220 mount less than optimal because of the reservoir 'bump' having to face downwards. I think the H220X is going to bring performance just that much closer to a full custom loop, a decent upgrade from the H100i id say.

Last edited:
5 times the rep has said this, and 5 times it has been delayed, I highly doubt it'll come out anytime soon tbh.

Truth. Last excuse was stupid.

Bryan said:
Actually, it's our factory that is on a vacation and these new kits will be shipped out as soon as they return at the end of this week.

I wouldn't hold your breath on this and just go out and build your own water-cooled system.

I wouldn't hold your breath on this and just go out and build your own water-cooled system.

It really sucks because the H220X seemed to be a good performer, looks nice, and is a whole lot cheaper than starting your own loop from scratch.

I would pick a cooler máster glacer 240L (or 360L if possible) all the day with a push/pull noctua NF-F12 and win. With the h220X you are very limited to push intake or pull exhaust..

From what review did you come to the conclusion that the NF-F12 is cooler and quieter than, say, a Corsair SP120?:confused:
I am not flaming, just curious and too lazy to google it.:)

Also, if the H220X can not push pull, why there are fan mounting points on the reservoir side of the radiator?
3flG11Rl.png

UPDATE: now i am flaming:D. NFs suck when facing SPs:
http://www.xbitlabs.com/articles/coolers/display/120mm-fan-roundup-4_24.html#sect0

Last edited:
From what review did you come to the conclusion that the NF-F12 is cooler and quieter than, say, a Corsair SP120?:confused:
I am not flaming, just curious and too lazy to google it.:)

Also, if the H220X can not push pull, why there are fan mounting points on the reservoir side of the radiator?
3flG11Rl.png

you can only semi push/pull i mean only 3 fans.. 2 up and 1 down.. so its semi push/pull.. and yes, the NF-F12 perform better than the SP120 in cooling and noise.. very very close to my GT AP-15s.. they are for me the best available fans for radiators right now..

and yes, the NF-F12 perform better than the SP120 in cooling and noise.. very very close to my GT AP-15s.. they are for me the best available fans for radiators right now..

Xbitlabs round up begs to differs:
192_diagr_air-max-xbt.png

193_diagr_air36-xbt.png

Right, so we should be talking about the NF-P12, and as for the NFs being louder than the Corsair fans? Have you tested them yourself? I have. No contest, not even same ballpark. Corsair fans almost always sound annoying to me and Noctua fans generally don't.

Right, so we should be talking about the NF-P12, and as for the NFs being louder than the Corsair fans? Have you tested them yourself? I have. No contest, not even same ballpark. Corsair fans almost always sound annoying to me and Noctua fans generally don't.

NF-F12 are better suited for radiators than NF-P12. while the P12s are better for Case cooling with tight dust filters or grills, they can do a good work in radiator as have good static pressure but are better the F12s.. even noctua in their site said that..

http://www.noctua.at/main.php?show=which_fan_is_right_for_me&lng=es

Xbit labs measured CFM which is near useless for radiators so both of your graphs are pointless....for radiators you care about *static pressure*, so not the air amount moved, but the force they are moved at.

Xbitlabs round up begs to differs:
*Snip*

successfully hijacking a thread about the H220X: check:D
flaming baiting a fanboys fan discussion: check:D
number of reviews or tests comparing the fans mentioned by the fanboys: ZERO:)

i will state again: i am curious, i have none of the fans at discussion and would appreciate non-biased arguments:)

Feel free to point to other reviews or round-ups where actual temps where recorded, which i believe are better suited than using press releases of Noctua or a round up that measures CFM but not real temps nor static pressure. :rolleyes:

in this roundup the SP120 did not finished first in temps or noise, but the results are pretty much inline with the conclusions from xbitlabs.

this site has videos from all the fans tested, and there the SP120 pretty much owned the NF-F12 on medium and high speeds.

And this pretty much ends the issue: i have asked because i was too lazy to google it, got a few incomplete or incorrect answers and in the end had to google it to find the truth of the matter:cool:

I could have told ya the SP120 beats the NF-F12 :p Martin just proved it for you .... on a side note, GT 15's vs NB's when I get a chance (Got my hands on 8 NBs that ive yet to use .... maybe that will be a good weekend project .... )

And its easy to derail a thread when the mod is in on it :> And the product will likely not see the light of day for a while

This thread didn't just get hijacked it got put into the South China Sea.

Nf-f12 flow
Nf-p12 pressure

For whatever reason these seem to be named backwards. They are both supposed to be good on radiators though.

As far as the sp series fans beating either of these products and you "proving" it with google. When I get corsair fans with their cases or coolers I test them and then I throw them away and replace them. Why? Because they sound bad. Graph that.

This thread didn't just get hijacked it got put into the South China Sea.

Nf-f12 flow
Nf-p12 pressure

For whatever reason these seem to be named backwards. They are both supposed to be good on radiators though.

both work good in radiator, i've tested in push/pull but the NF-F12 worked better at any RPM with a little more advantage to the F12 due can reach max 1500RPM while the P12 a max of 1300 RPM.. the F12 have static pressure of 2.61mm H2O while the P12 1.68mm H20 what its better yet its that both with the low noise adapter work more or less at the same speed ~1150RPM and at that speed the F12s have 1.83mm H20 and P12s 1.43mm H20.. so at the same speed the F12s which aren't just "flow" but "Focused Flow" have better performance in radiator than P12.. when i've tested that i left push/pull with F12s and the 4 front intake fan of my case with P12s.. i've also kept the SP120s in my case.. (as im using DemciFlex Filters i've used 2 on side panel 1 on bottom and 1 in rear..)

both work good in radiator, i've tested in push/pull but the NF-F12 worked better at any RPM with a little more advantage to the F12 due can reach max 1500RPM while the P12 a max of 1300 RPM.. the F12 have static pressure of 2.61mm H2O while the P12 1.68mm H20 what its better yet its that both with the low noise adapter work more or less at the same speed ~1150RPM and at that speed the F12s have 1.83mm H20 and P12s 1.43mm H20.. so at the same speed the F12s which aren't just "flow" but "Focused Flow" have better performance in radiator than P12.. when i've tested that i left push/pull with F12s and the 4 front intake fan of my case with P12s.. i've also kept the SP120s in my case.. (as im using DemciFlex Filters i've used 2 on side panel 1 on bottom and 1 in rear..)

I have a bunch of NF-F12s, and a couple NF-P12s. Found the NF-F12s rather disappointing, but I have 2 brand new NF-A14's that literally destroy the stock 140mm Corsair fans that came with my 450D. The Corsair 140s were quiet enough, but switching out to the Noctua fans made the case temperature drop, which I didn't expect, and the Noctuas are slightly quieter.

I'd actually really like to move to a different fan manufacturer. The black fans that Noctua has come out with are "industrial" and 2000RPM+.

Looking at... Noiseblocker. Want Noctua quality with better aesthetics.

well, i just ordered one :x Maybe i should've waited for more reviews from hardop, techpowerup/pcper etc

Back