• Great friend of mine with a great kid that he is trying to get a scholorship to continue his schooling. Please give hime a vote! Only 24 hours left! Thanks.
    https://athleteoftheyear.org/2026/keenan-a856

[H] users 7970 Overclock Results thread

Results
1200 Core
1600 RAM
1.112 volts
Added 20% Power Limit

Type Card
Reference AMD 7950

Overclock Tool
MSI AfterBurner/AMD GraphicsManager (for 1600m)

Stability Test
3dMark FireStrike

What's a good tool to get past clock limits? AMD GraphicsManager ruins the power states (always at full speed). I know it's capable of more than 1200, it's only at 1.1v!
 
Gigabyte 7970 Windforce O.C. rev 1.0

1150 Core
1500 Ram
+10% power Usage

75 degrees celcius during peak.

It has plenty of room to O.C. and the voltage is unlocked. It can do more if I had it under water but not necessary for my needs.
 
3 7970 msi tf 2 cards 1700 ram 1275 core on water 2 of the cards are good to over 1800 ram and 2 of them can go over 1300 core. they under v very good though i can run them at 1v 1ghz
 
HIS 7970 with the reference cooler, bought around March 2012.

1.15 volts
20% power usage
1150 Core
1550 Memory

It runs farcry around 76 C with a fairly aggressive fan profile. The memory is definitely topped out, and I think the reference cooler is to blame. I have gotten the core to run Heaven at 1200 with 1.18 volts, but the temps and fan noise aren't worth the extra 4%.

Does lowering the power limit help with temps? Based on Thorin's clocks I could probably step it down few %.
 
Results:
1250 Core
1700 Memory
1300mV

Type card:
XFX HD 7970 Core Edition w/ EK Block

Overclock Tool:
MSI Afterburner


Stability Test:
3DMark 11 & Uningine Valley
 
Hello all.. I am new here..
I am having a problem with my Sapphire (reference board) 7970 it's clock speeds are
Sapphire TRIXX program for setting fan curve
GPU 1050
Mem 1500
voltage VDDC 1256
Driver VER.. 13.9
The problem I am having is that when my system reboots .. the card Idles at 67% and temp starts going up.. when I go to device manager and disable card and then re-enable it, I get a WIN32 has stopped working and then the card is fine.. this problem I have with what ever ver drivers I have installed I am thinking it's something to do with my OS not really sure..

My sys is.
Gigabyte X58A-UD7 with Intel i7 980extreme
32gigs Corsair XMS3 1600 triple channel ram
1200watt BFG PSU
WD Velociraptor 600gig sata III << OS installed
5- Seagate 2 tb 7200 rpm drives
4- Liteon DVD roms.
corsair H100 closed loop cooling for CPU
Windows 7 64bit OS
all updates and drivers .. I built this system 3 and a half years ago.. just recently added this card and 3 monitors 2-24" and 1-27 running rez at 5760x1080
 
Back
Top