[H]OT! X800XTPE AGP $206.10

PCJ

Limp Gawd
http://shop.ati.com/searchresults.asp?dept_id=39

It's refurb, but has a 3 year warranty. Enter code 1010 for 10% off.

Its on preorder right now.

"Stock: Pre-Order
Once the product is available, we will ship your order per your instructions. If you are paying by credit card, you will not be charged until the item is shipped. We will send you another email when the item ships."

Stock: Pre-Order
Once the product is available, we will ship your order per your instructions. If you are paying by credit card, you will not be charged until the item is shipped. We will send you another email when the item ships.

That means never, or when the card is worth about 1/2 of the 200.... -_-

Still......WOW. I would buy that in a second if I didn't have that engagement ring to buy soon. Decisions decisions.....

Im biting on this too...at the least its in the pipeline and if I find a better deal I can cancel.

Yup. My thinking too. Since I'm sticking with my AGP setup as long as I can, I figure I'll have the best available card while I can. I'm going to sell off my X800Pro when this comes in, and recoup some of the cost.

While the X800Pro (VIVO & 16 pipelines) is flashable to an XT PE, I haven't done so because I don't want to muck it up and potentially screw myself.

i want to buy, but y do some off you guys say that the card will NEVER come.

There's no guarantee when these will be in stock. They could get a bunch of them tomorrow or not have any for months. I figure it's worth the chance. If I don't see anything in a month or so I will probably cancel.

Thanks. $221.71 shipped for me.

edit: I got the confirmation email:
Order Information

Order #: CNL1997xxx
Order Date: 7/29/2005
Anticipated Ship Date: 3 to 4 weeks

How does this card stack up against the X800 XL?

I'm trying to find a page that lists differences between this card and my XL for comparative purposes.

DevilDoc said:

I'm trying to find a page that lists differences between this card and my XL for comparative purposes.

Isn't it 12 v 16 pipelines? 12 being the XL version.

Edit: The XL does have 16 pipelines but clocked lower. I think the jump is worth it I'm going from 9700Pro to X800XTPE. :D

Seems it gets a bout 1000ish more points in 3dMark05 if that helps at all, and mabe like 5-10fps max in any given game, defiantely not worth upgrading at all.

the XL should have 16 pipes i thought, just lower clock/mem speeds?

This is like half off its current retail, insane deal if it goes through anytime soon.

DevilDoc said:

Edit: Whoops, not sure what I was smoking there! Someone else linked it!

Well, I bit. I'll just wait and see like previous posters have said. Nice price nonetheless!

sharakkhal said:
http://apps.ati.com/ATIcompare/

Check the cards to compare and click Next. ;)

That's what I was looking for. Thanks!

Now I've got a mild amount of buyers' remorse. Just this week, I picked up the X800XL for $227 AR. Is the performance difference so much that I should commit to one of these and return the X800XL? Damn, I already sent in the rebate too.

Here's the breakdown on how the 2 cards stack up:
Feature:........................X800XT PE......X800XL
Memory Clock Speed.....575 MHz.........490 MHz
Engine Clock Speed.......520 MHz.........400 MHz
Pipelines.......................16...................16
Pixel Fillrate...................8.3 Gp/s..........6.4 Gpixels/sec
Geometry Rate...............780 MTri..........600 MTriangles

Maybe I'll post this up in the Video Cards/ATI forum.

You can also get the X850XT PE 256MB PCIe for $275 A/R from Tiger Direct. Its the Connect3D card, and there exists a $75 MIR for ATI and Ati partner products.

$349 - 75 = 275. If you got a good CC and you use some of the cashback services. another 2-7% possibly off the $349. Bringing this down around $245-$250.

I would pass on the X800XT in a heartbeat for another $30-40, and its NEW, not refurbed.

Check fatwallet.com and search Hot Deals forum there for X850XT, you'll find the deal.

8man2k said:
Im biting on this too...at the least its in the pipeline and if I find a better deal I can cancel.
Lot of us *biting* on this one eh? I bit too. Can't pass this one up as they are still going new for upwards of $400+ I am such a sucker for deals like this. Hope ATI doesn't BONE me on this :cool:

6800GT would be preferable in my opinion...and you can buy them used for 190 shipped on ebay.

Archaea said:
6800GT would be preferable in my opinion...and you can buy them used for 190 shipped on ebay.

I'll make you a deal, you buy one of these and send it to me and I'll trade you my 6800GT + $30. Sound like a deal? For anyone not an "oscillating cooling device"-boy, it is clear that the x800XT-PE is at least equal to the 6800 Ultra and totally crushes the 6800GT. Back when these were impossible to find, I had pre-orders with three different retailers and never managed to get one. Since then, I've been happy with my 6800GT but I still wouldn't mind a nice XT-PE if I could get one on the cheap. This certainly qualifies, but I don't have 220 smackers to invest right now.

I just sent an X800XT:pE AGP back to ATI for warranty work..

so someone may be getting refurb soon :)

wow... just wow... I orderd 2. If they come great... if not.. im not out anything... and YES the 101 code worked for the extra 10% off..

221.71 each for mine...

great catch.. thanks for the heads up.

dan

Wow - Expensive week for me. Just pulled the trigger on one of these myself. And as a consolation, at least I know I can get better than $230 for my X800 XL on ebay.
As long as this thing doesn't:
a.) take forever to get here
2.) perform like crap as a refurb
III.) give me problems with enumeration.

Holy freaking crap. This is one of those deals you wait forever on. Upgrade from 9800Pro 128mb - my god, the increase in FPS, hope it goes through.

TheGameguru said:
I just sent an X800XT:pE AGP back to ATI for warranty work..

so someone may be getting refurb soon :)
Better than my freakin' 8500 LE. I bit early in this thread -- hopefully I'll get one of those hand-me-downs. ;)

Now I have to upgrade this stupid T-bird. <Don't say it. JUST...don't...say... it.>

<edit: !%*#!. I actually said "bit". Well, at least I didn't trailerpark-out and and say "pulled the trigger." ;) >

<edit pt. 2: Sorry DDoc, I was already writing before you wrote that "trigger" bit. No offence.>

DevilDoc said:
a.) [...]
2.) [...]
III.) give me problems with enumeration.
el-ooohhhh-ellll.

Was the X800 XL an AGP or PCIe? $230 resale on that's not bad, compared to $299.

Arkham said:
el-ooohhhh-ellll.

Was the X800 XL an AGP or PCIe? $230 resale on that's not bad, compared to $299.

The X800 XL on the bay of 'e' LQQKS like it will go for > $255 after > 15 bids albeit the card that's up there is "Brand New"

At any rate, if the XTPE tests out good, I'll be happy if the XL sells for better than what I paid for it. If the deal don't go through, then I'm already happy with the purchase of the XL. HL2, Doom 3, et al just look friggin awesome with it.

UltraCow said:
Looks like he's running an NF2, so AGP.

Yeah, I'm still AGP. Told myself that I wasn't going to buy another video card until I went PCI-E, but I don't see me upgrading the CPU/MoBo/Ram within the next 6 to 12 mos. I like cutting edge, but i like $$$ in the bank more.

As an eBay Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
DevilDoc said:
Yeah, I'm still AGP. Told myself that I wasn't going to buy another video card until I went PCI-E, but I don't see me upgrading the CPU/MoBo/Ram within the next 6 to 12 mos. I like cutting edge, but i like $$$ in the bank more.

My thoughts exactly...

I'm still running an agp board with a P4 2.4 overclocked to 3.2Ghz...I still get a lot of power out of that; the only thing missing is a top line video card. This deal will basically allow me to bypass this latest generation and hold off on upgrading for at least 6months to a year.

DevilDoc said:
At any rate, if the XTPE tests out good, I'll be happy if the XL sells for better than what I paid for it. If the deal don't go through, then I'm already happy with the purchase of the XL. HL2, Doom 3, et al just look friggin awesome with it.

Agreed... I'm now scrapping my plans for an NF4 DFI for the new AGP Ultra-D. I figured the deal for the X800 XT PE was too good to pass up. (I was planning on an X800XL.)

I'm assuming the XTPE will be just fine refurbished. The 3-yr warranty really caught my eye. That's enough of an upgrade lifespan at that price (though I had to pay PST/GST taxes). I doubt I would've even followed the link if it was a basic 1-yr-proof refurb.

First one to get theirs better post here ASAP!

Back