[H]ot ? Skulltrail motherboard $100 + tax frys instore

/dev/null

[H]F Junkie
I saw this IN STORE. IIRC this takes 771 xeon's...only 4 ram slots however. Edit: This was in the downers grove store...they had 3 left.

It was on closeout (NIB) for $100.

anyone near a Fry's? I could actually use this since I ended up with some 771 xeons but I am on the wrong coast :(

lol you LOVE giving me deals on ESX hardware.. my bank account hates you

near...yes. was thinking of going there fore lunch. got pp? pm me if youre serious and willing to send reimbursement in full, and i'll go... theres a jimmy johns right there :D

got any s771 xeons to spare?

How about the Fry's SKU on that mobo, or the brand/model, etc? More info, mang... MOAR!!! Got one straight down the road from me (a Fry's, that is).

it's an intel board, and it is labelled in big white letters, "Skulltrail" it's pretty hard to miss, especially since it's EATX

Actually the box says "D5400XS" on it. Skulltrail doesn't appear on the retail packaging.

QX9775s went on clearance a few weeks ago as well. You might be able to find them as well. Last time I checked, they were $200ish, but they might have dropped even more since then.

it's an intel board, and it is labelled in big white letters, "Skulltrail" it's pretty hard to miss, especially since it's EATX

Yes but, the Fry's here in my town actually carries three different models of Skulltrail boards that I've noted hanging on the side wall of the computer components department, hence me asking. ;)

EDIT:

Ok, nevermind, they weren't all Skulltrails... only one is from Intel, I was mixing them up with the Tyan and Supermicro dual Xeon boards they stock at the Fry's in my area, doh!!! Just called to check... and yes they're marked down to $100 but out of stock (the Intel board), as expected. :(

I'm in Chicago and I haven't been there in over 5 years. I guess I got a good reason to go :)

A PLU # or link would be nice since the guys at the local Fry's have not the slightest idea what the hell I am talking about...

You can tell them to look it up in the POS. Just have them search for "Intel D5400XS" under discontinued items and it will pop up.

SKU should be 5568290 but, as Blue Fox noted it's considered a discontinued item so a "normal" search just using that won't turn anything up, you have to tell them to specifically search in the discontinued items category or whatever.

Still no luck here in my area, damn. Could have used this as the basis for an x264 dual CPU encoding beast I'd hoped to build this year. Crap. :)

Went to frys after work. I picked up the last boards they had left. Its 100 indeed. Got them for 216 flat after taxes

Went to frys after work. I picked up the last boards they had left. Its 100 indeed. Got them for 216 flat after taxes

Well lucky dog you... sell one to FLECOM, he's deserving of one. :)

And, can you verify the SKU number to see if it's actually 5568290, thanks.

Yes its the right ones. I made sure of the sku's before I bought them. The service clerk opened them up and had me check for any problems before I left the store. Guess its SOP for them. They both look like they're in immaculate condition. The box is just a tad beat up from the spider wrapping but everything's intact. Now, the question remains. What do I do with them? :)

Like I said, FLECOM (Mod here, second poster in this thread) seemed to express a SINCERE interest in one based on his post above. Can't hurt to PM him, I'm sure he'll do right by you. I bought some drives from him in the past and had no issues at all, and he's nowhere near a Fry's so...

Give him a PM and see what comes of it. Always a good thing having done a favor for a Mod... :D

Haha, just enjoying the feeling of power from these boards. Just playing, I was gonna sell them to someone on this board. Otherwise I would have only bought just one. I may or may not use the other board, since I gotta wait to see if I have proper funding. But if someones interested, shoot me a PM and we'll see what happens.

None in Woodland Hills. I haven't seen one of those boards on the shelf in months. The last good motherboard clearance deal I got was a MSI X58M mATX board for $99 last month. :D

One thing I did see is that the QX9770 is down to $50.00 on clearance. None were available in Woodland Hills either.

Intel would've sold a shitload more of these if they hadn't priced them so ridiculously. Now it looks like they're being pushed out of inventory because these stores realize nobody is buying them at $600+ USD

makes me laugh :)

Intel would've sold a shitload more of these if they hadn't priced them so ridiculously. Now it looks like they're being pushed out of inventory because these stores realize nobody is buying them at $600+ USD

makes me laugh :)

Yup, I remember some websites saying that Skulltrail was going to take over the universe, cook dinner for you, pleasure you while you were using it, the list goes on... I completely forgot about it until I saw this thread. Pisser there is no Fry's anywhere near me or I would probably have checked it out.

Skulltrail was cool in its day but the fact of the matter is that the thing was WAY too expensive and didn't really offer anything beyond a regular high end board and CPU setup. In some cases it provided less performance in games. A few people on various forums had them but most just used the D5400XS board with some Xeons and even fewer used the actual QX9775's that were part of the actual platform.

None in Woodland Hills. I haven't seen one of those boards on the shelf in months. The last good motherboard clearance deal I got was a MSI X58M mATX board for $99 last month. :D

One thing I did see is that the QX9770 is down to $50.00 on clearance. None were available in Woodland Hills either.

That's a great price for a quad core ... beats the $122.50 Q8300 pricing

I'm within a reasonable driving distance of three Fry's locations. :)

If it makes you feel any better I've never even seen a Fry's...

I'm in the same boat. I just see all these deals here, and in the distributed computing forum. I would have saved hundreds of dollars over the years, lol.

Called tonight the Chicago store has one 5567820. OOS on the 5568290, however the fry's in indianapolis has the 5568290 if any one is intrested .

wow this is an epic deal. too bad stock is so low

Back