[H]ot - Outpost - BFG 6800 OC AGP - $199

Well I received a response back from BFG.. The BFG 6800OC is 12 pipelines and 5 shaders. The only 6800 that has a 8 Pipeline is the 6800LE in which they don't sell.

Now I feel like an ass. :) I kind of got a little harsh with BFG without finding out the facts first. I hope I don't have a Tech problem or a warranty issue cause my name will be on that "Shit list". Doh!

It was pretty obvious that it's at 12 pipe card though, it's not an LE and they don't make an LE OC version. (This isn't directed towards you Sinister) lol.

Megadeth_Guy01 said:
It was pretty obvious that it's at 12 pipe card though, it's not an LE and they don't make an LE OC version. (This isn't directed towards you Sinister) lol.

Well this is what happens when I don't do a little better homework and you believe everything you read on the internet ;)

also notice it says call for availability.. i don't know if it is saying this because of an influx of orders but I had bought a Dig camera before without noticing it said "call for availability", it didn't ship for like 2-3 weeks...

They seem to do this every so often, create a demand then order the stuff.. don't know if that is what they are doing here....

Some Llama said:
also notice it says call for availability.. i don't know if it is saying this because of an influx of orders but I had bought a Dig camera before without noticing it said "call for availability", it didn't ship for like 2-3 weeks...

They seem to do this every so often, create a demand then order the stuff.. don't know if that is what they are doing here....

Mine shipped the day I ordered it. So they did have a supply of them. I will have it in my hands tomorrow.

himmy said:
You are in the extreme minority to never have had this happened.

Yes, still, grow up.

I have had little hiccups with Newegg, zipzoomfly, all of the big names. IT HAPPENS. They did not lose me as a customer for it, either. Why? 28 years. That is how long the family business has been open. Shit like this happens. It happens with my vendors to me, it happens with us to my customers, it happens with companies I order supplies from. SHIT HAPPENS.

What matters is the fact that they notified you of the problem in a timely manner, instead of just leaving you unaware of the problem. THAT is where good customer service comes into play.

If you are this hot shot business owner who claims to know how to service your customers, you should already know that and I shouldn't have to inform you of it(twice now, even).

QFT.

-J.

gt is faster...but also 70 bucks more at the cheapest I've seen it.

depends on how much you want to spend.

Go to Tomshardware or type 6800GT vs 6800OC in google.

or check out this review

http://www.insanetek.com/index.php?page=bfg6800

The 6800GT is limited by a 2.4 GHZ p4 proc when running at the highest setting....while the 6800OC is limited by the graphics card. So if you have above a 3.0GHZ proc you really want to go GT, if you have a 2.4GHZ p4 the 6800OC would be more than fine. The 6800OC is still much faster than older gen nvidia cards in certain games, but it all depends because some games it is the same - like UT2004.

My friend just got one today, small piece was broken off and in bottom of box... card worked but fans would not spin. DOA returning w/ crossship

I've seem way too many posts lately about video cards coming new out of the box with broken pieces. You'd think they would package them more carefully.

n64man120 said:
My friend just got one today, small piece was broken off and in bottom of box... card worked but fans would not spin. DOA returning w/ crossship

I should of returned and cross shiped but I RMA'd it.

damn.. who packages these things? BFG? Maybe we should ask them.. isn't there a rep that monitors the [H]ardforums?

Ordered mine on Sunday, it got here yesterday.

Copper heatsink, 2 fans, 12 pipes stock (Unlocked to 16 with no problem), works like a champ.

I ordered mine on last Friday and had it Monday (a day early, even). The card is physically fine and is also the copper + dual fan flavor. Additionally, it has pretty blue lights.

I did unlock the additional pipes, but get significant video corruption (which is to be expected since they likely shut down bad pipes on purpose). Seems to be working just fine and significantly improved picture and performance in WoW @ 1600x1200 over my ATI 9700Pro. Currently running with 12 pipes and 6 vertex shaders. Fans are actually reasonably quiet. Nice stop-gap before SLI/PCI-e mobo upgrade for my Athlon box.

posterChild

Mine was a DOA sending it back waiting and extra week and getting a 6800gt OC from BFG :)

Correction..

My card from Outpost worked well from Tues through Friday night when it was pronounced dead at 11:53pm.

BFG is cross shipping a replacement to arrive on Wed.

Back