[H]ot - Outpost - BFG 6800 OC AGP - $199

magnetik said:
I have no idea why it says PCIe support in the features.

Because the chip itself supports pcie, not the card.

Good deal, I payed $250 for mine from them a few months ago.

I'm thinking about buying this card and sellin my 9800XT....How much do you think I could get for it..It's the card in my comp specs....

I want one!

I'm dead serious. Anyone want to buy my PNY card? I'd rather have the BFG warranty, and am willing to risk it not OC'ing or unlocking in return.

Rtstrider said:
I'm thinking about buying this card and sellin my 9800XT....How much do you think I could get for it..It's the card in my comp specs....

Probably $150 or so.

Very good deal for this, 6800 vanilla for 6600GT price and BFG support/warranty/etc. The BFG 6600GT OC is hard to find for much under $250 so this is smokin.

DusterAZ said:
Very good deal for this, 6800 vanilla for 6600GT price and BFG support/warranty/etc. The BFG 6600GT OC is hard to find for much under $250 so this is smokin.
good point, but it needs to be mentioned that this 6800 linked at the top post is the 128MB version, not the 256MB version that you're probably thinking of.

The only 256MB 6800 that isn't a GT or Ultra is the Asus 6800FE (FUBAR Edition), AFAIK. I don't know of ANY 256MB 6600s, other than the dual-GPU card from Gigaybte/Asus (not a true 256MB due to SLI anyway). Which one were you thinking of?

Well I picked one up.

Anyone know how much I can get for a 256 Bit 9800 NP with Infineon Memory?

Rtstrider said:

put it up for 200 or so..someone will buy it :) 150 is for a 9800pro..this si XT hehe

If you print out the AD and take it to BESTBUY they WILL price match. DId it for the same EXACT card when it was $225. I also had a 12% off coupon, hehe :p

Rad777

Well I hope you guys get what you order.

I ordered a cpu/mobo combo from them with overnight shipping (said it was in stock)...a day later they finally updated it saying it's on back order. I called customer service, cancelled the order, then talked to a sales rep. I asked if another combo (showed to be in stock) was actually in stock...he said yes, it was (eve told me it was still early enough that it would go out the same day and I would have it overnight)...so I placed the order with overnight shipping...3 hours later they updated my order, and guess what? Yup, it's on back order AGAIN...so I called customer service, AGAIN, and was told the combo had been out of stock for some time?? WTF??

Anyway, I cancelled the order and will never buy anything from them again.

diablo111 said:
Well I hope you guys get what you order.

I ordered a cpu/mobo combo from them with overnight shipping (said it was in stock)...a day later they finally updated it saying it's on back order. I called customer service, cancelled the order, then talked to a sales rep. I asked if another combo (showed to be in stock) was actually in stock...he said yes, it was (eve told me it was still early enough that it would go out the same day and I would have it overnight)...so I placed the order with overnight shipping...3 hours later they updated my order, and guess what? Yup, it's on back order AGAIN...so I called customer service, AGAIN, and was told the combo had been out of stock for some time?? WTF??

Anyway, I cancelled the order and will never buy anything from them again.
Oh Christ, grow up. Shit happens. The first sales rep was obviously reading what his computer told him which was good stock. What do you think? His desk is right in front of the shelf that has that CPU/Mobo combo you were looking to order?

This happens to EVERY SINGLE company.

himmy said:
Oh Christ, grow up. Shit happens. The first sales rep was obviously reading what his computer told him which was good stock. What do you think? His desk is right in front of the shelf that has that CPU/Mobo combo you were looking to order?

This happens to EVERY SINGLE company.

REALLY? "Oh Christ, grow up"?? I buy $10,000 to $15,000 in parts every year and this is the FIRST time it's happened to me. I am quite grown up thank you, and know how to service MY customers...and I'm SURE one less customer doesn't matter to them...but when I piss off one of MY customers due to their ineffeciency, it matters to me.

diablo111 said:
REALLY? "Oh Christ, grow up"?? I buy $10,000 to $15,000 in parts every year and this is the FIRST time it's happened to me. I am quite grown up thank you, and know how to service MY customers...and I'm SURE one less customer doesn't matter to them...but when I piss off one of MY customers due to their ineffeciency, it matters to me.

your pretty lucky actually.. that's a lot of money in parts every year to only have one isolated incident. especially dealing with a [H]ot deal online competing with a jillion other people.

diablo111 said:

You are in the extreme minority to never have had this happened.

Yes, still, grow up.

I have had little hiccups with Newegg, zipzoomfly, all of the big names. IT HAPPENS. They did not lose me as a customer for it, either. Why? 28 years. That is how long the family business has been open. Shit like this happens. It happens with my vendors to me, it happens with us to my customers, it happens with companies I order supplies from. SHIT HAPPENS.

What matters is the fact that they notified you of the problem in a timely manner, instead of just leaving you unaware of the problem. THAT is where good customer service comes into play.

If you are this hot shot business owner who claims to know how to service your customers, you should already know that and I shouldn't have to inform you of it(twice now, even).

No, unfortunately, I'm not a "hot shot" business owner. I work a 45-50 hr. a week job and try to run my business in what little spare time I have (hoping to grow it into a full time business). I have struggled to get each of my customers, because it's tough getting your name out there...especially when you don't have much capital.

I HAVE had little hiccups from newegg and many others...however, when I make that phone call, and talk to a rep. and we get it strightened out, I do expect it to be taken care of...and it pretty much has. Yes I probably need to grow up a bit and realize it's not always going to work that way...but it's a little frustrating to spend 2-3 days and talk to 3 company reps. and been assured everything was taken care of, then have nothing to show for it.

Anyway, I'll quit my bitching and moaning now...sorry.

diablo111 said:
I am quite grown up thank you, and know how to service MY customers..

hehehe, you know how to service your customers? :p :p :p

anyway, just trying to make a positive note on a crappy situation. :)

that was a pretty gay arguement. way to fight over the internet and accomplish nothing.

nice price

*ducks flames* seems like a hell of a buy. my forthcoming AMD XP mobile box would probably be CPU-limited if I could scrape for this card.

nylint said:
*ducks flames* seems like a hell of a buy. my forthcoming AMD XP mobile box would probably be CPU-limited if I could scrape for this card.

This is actually a great card on my Athlon XP system, just a hair under 11K in 3DMark03 and all games play great.

there is a good chance you might even be able to open up the additional pipes too and you would have a 6800gt essentially for $199

Not quite a gt for $200, but still a great deal for $200. I got mine from Outpost for $250 5 months ago, and its been great. Anyone who doesnt want to invest a lot of money into AGP, which is being pushed out by pci-e completely in about 6 months when the next cards come out.

Hey guys, has anyone received this card yet? I am wondering if it is dual core or not? Please let me know. Thanks.

Shainz said:
Hey guys, has anyone received this card yet? I am wondering if it is dual core or not? Please let me know. Thanks.

Dual core ??? I think you mean dual fan ... it will be dual fan, nothing to worry about.

Shainz said:

lol dual core? Definitly not. Dual fan perhaps to cool the ram chips

anybody know if this would fit in a shuttle? I'm assuming it won't with that giant HSF

sposh said:
anybody know if this would fit in a shuttle? I'm assuming it won't with that giant HSF

it should since it's a single slot cooler... even if your agp slot is on the outside.

You guys better make sure it is 8pipes or 12pipes, because some of 6800 are 8 pipes too.
There is not a clear picture about the card, because you can see what heatsink and fan is installed on it.

annaconda said:
You guys better make sure it is 8pipes or 12pipes, because some of 6800 are 8 pipes too.
There is not a clear picture about the card, because you can see what heatsink and fan is installed on it.

Really?

Is there a link were you can point this out.. I will be a little pissed if its only 8 pipes.

This better not be a LE version.. They are the ones with 8 Pipes.

Sinster said:
Really?

Is there a link were you can point this out.. I will be a little pissed if its only 8 pipes.

This better not be a LE version.. They are the ones with 8 Pipes.

Yeah.. I never heard of that. Does BFG even sell a LE version? Heck.. isn't a BFG rep on these boards that we can ask? For what it's worth.. I had a 6800OC and it was a 12 pipe card.

Back