[H]ot Newegg Plextor M3 128GB/256GB $99.99/$199.99 shipped AR

MissJ84

2[H]4U
128GB - http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16820249014
256GB - http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16820249015

Rebates from them arrived pretty fast for me, and they come in the full amount in the form of a check.

Edit: Looks they changed from rebate checks to prepaid cards since February.

503x501px-LL-2d824111_as-ssd-benchPLEXTORPX-128M32.20.20129-43-11PM.png

m33gz.jpg

Last edited:
Suprised this wasn't posted earlier, this is a great SSD with a fantastic warranty

Suprised this wasn't posted earlier, this is a great SSD with a fantastic warranty

Best SSD imo. I'm kicking myself for buying two SF2281 Corsairs :(

These Plextors make great laptop drives as well due to toggle NAND and very low power consumption. Plextor also offers some of the best firmware on the market.

If it's a choice between this or Crucial given the same price, get this.

http://www.anandtech.com/show/5628/the-plextor-m3-review

Toshiba 24nm Toggle NAND. They use a Marvell controller. Being Marvell, though, that means that they do quite a bit of their own firmware tweaks and updates. Where with SF-2281 the firmware is all exactly the same (except for Intel), the firmware with Marvell-based drives tend to vary more and Plextor offers some of the best for Marvell.

45120.png

Makes me yearn for the 128gb for my next laptop :p

tempting. This looks to be about 10-20% better performance in real life test... including boot up compared to the Crucial M4.

Hmmm..

I can't seem to decide between the Plextor drives, the M4 or the Samsung 830. All seem like great drives! If they keep dropping in price I might just pick up one of each, lol.

I can't seem to decide between the Plextor drives, the M4 or the Samsung 830. All seem like great drives! If they keep dropping in price I might just pick up one of each, lol.
Flip a coin man! they are indeed all good drives! :cool:

Excellent prices for the M3. Note that the firmware is now 1.05, so go and update.

too good of a deal to pass up! In for a 256gb (my 1st bigger than 120gb)!

Tempted to get a third. Pissed I just bought a Mushkin Chronos Enhanced (or whatever they're called) for a friend at $90. Would much rather have the additional 8GB and known quality for another $10. No MIR though, so not a total loss.

I get over 1GB/s transfers with RAID 0 128GB M3s in some tests.

I'd take a M3 over a M4 or 830 any day for warranty reasons alone. No contest.

Why is the sequential write speed so much faster on the 256 than the 128? Ditto for 4k-64 3rd. But the other specs are pretty much the same (128 vs. 256). :confused:

I'm leaning toward the Samsung 830 over the Plextor M3, but only by a little. I'm hoping the prices continue to drop at this rate by the time I'm ready to pull the trigger in late summer. :cool:

does anybody know if this is 7mm? or if the casing can be removed without voiding the warranty? i need this for a ultrabook that only takes 7mm drives. thanks

I have the 128..IT was 109 shipped but no rebate to wait for..It will be my first SSD! The plexor also comes with a cage...I dont have a cage =(

On Newegg business I can get 10% off, but they don't list the rebate. The Model Number is correct according the rebate form, but I can't check the UPC. Is there any chance the UPC would be different from their "business" website? The drive would be $175.99 after coupon and rebate.

does anybody know if this is 7mm? or if the casing can be removed without voiding the warranty? i need this for a ultrabook that only takes 7mm drives. thanks

i think the m3 pro is the 7mm version not sure about the m3..

you can't remove the casing without voiding the warranty

Why is the sequential write speed so much faster on the 256 than the 128? Ditto for 4k-64 3rd. But the other specs are pretty much the same (128 vs. 256). :confused:

I'm leaning toward the Samsung 830 over the Plextor M3, but only by a little. I'm hoping the prices continue to drop at this rate by the time I'm ready to pull the trigger in late summer. :cool:

http://www.anandtech.com/show/5628/the-plextor-m3-review/2

It's most likely due to the fact that it has twice the cache capacity and also double the number of dies per NAND package. More throughput. And also, this review was already posted earlier, just gotta look and read the reviews.

To me, SSD reviews w/o real world bench testing (boot speed, photoshop, game install, iso copies) are useless.

Damn, 50 bucks cheaper than what I paid for it 3 months ago. SSD prices are falling like rocks. Lead rocks. Lead rocks made of cement.

Might need to buy a second one.

Damn, looks like only the Performance Pro competes (for that benchmark, anyway)...and it's in a whole different league price-wise.

Wish the Sammy 830 was included on that chart, but I hear it's more or less the same as the M4 in terms of performance.

lol my pos corsair force 3 finnally bit the dust lastnight, glad to see such a good deal on a real quality product, i bit for one

On Newegg business I can get 10% off, but they don't list the rebate. The Model Number is correct according the rebate form, but I can't check the UPC. Is there any chance the UPC would be different from their "business" website? The drive would be $175.99 after coupon and rebate.

FYI: You cannot use the rebate if you buy the drive from Newegg Business. I figured as much after I read the fine print (after I placed the order), but I got confirmation today. The bad news is that they shipped it out before replying. The good news is they are willing to give me a 100% refund if I refuse delivery (which is generous of them since the return policy was very clearly...No Returns).

My impression of Newegg Business is that they don't offer readily available help, and their stated polices are not very generous. But they ship super-fast and seem to be willing to bend some of their strict policies on a case-by-case basis.

Back