• A Great friend to the HardForum with a great kid that he is trying to get a scholorship to continue his schooling. Please give hime a vote! Only 24 hours left! Thanks.
    If you have an VOTE FOR KEENAN!

[H]ord Spotlight - DSee

jfb9301

[H]ard DCOTM x4
2FA
Joined
Jan 11, 2005
Messages
1,751
Sorry the [H]orde Spotlight for October is a bit behind schedule, but here it is. Give a round of applause to DSee


First off, tell us about you.
Where do you call home?


I live in Massachusetts, USA.

What is your family situation?

Married, father of a 18 months old boy :)

What do you do for a living?

I work in the High-end Storage industry.

Does your forum name hold any significant meaning?

First and middle name initials. (very creative, huh?)

Did you ever post in the "Let's see your mug... " thread? Why or why not?

Nop, not brave enough.

What other hobbies or interests keep you busy?

My biggest "hobby" is buying, testing & selling hardware.
I usually take a big hit in the transaction (don't let my wife see this), but I enjoy doing it.
I also enjoy computers & electronics in general.

Tell us about your involvement in DC.

I fold for the [H]orde and maintain our IRC bot.

Who or what got you stated in DC projects? About when was it?

After hearing people talk about it all the time in the Unofficial [H] IRC channel, I decided to give a try. This happened around 5 months ago.

Why do you participate?

Someone close to me lost his life to Cancer.
If I can help find a cure for this just by leaving my PCs on, why not?

If DC'ing could find a cure for just one disease tomorrow, which one would it be and why?

Bone Cancer. I've watched a close relative suffer and die from it.

What projects have you contributed to? Any others you find interesting?

Just F@H.

What teams have you contributed to?

Team 33 [H]orde.

Why did you choose the Horde?

[H]orde is awesome. The members are very knowledgeable, and will help you with anything you need.

If your current project ends, which one will you move on to?

I would probably follow the [H]orde.

Current level of production and how's it spread around?


Somewhere around 550-600k ppd (1x 4P G34). I do have multiple systems that will be soon relocated to a placed with cheaper electricity costs.

Where do you see the [H]ard DC sub-forum in the near future?

Same.

Long term?

Same.

Any ideas on improving the [H]ard DC sub-forum, or suggestions or improvements for our Team?

The giveaways are great. We need to find other ways to recruit more members and maybe bring some of the old ones back.


Tell us about your involvement.
Where did you begin?


IRC. We don't talk about anything else there.

What are you running today?

4P G34 system. (other are idle)

Where do you see your DC'ing activities in the next year or two?


I don't plan on adding any more systems in the short-term. I'll try to stay in the 500-600K ppd range.

Do these boxen have day jobs or are they dedicated folders?

All dedicated boxen.

How are these boxen configured? OS, client, etc?

All running Arch Linux & thekraken.

Have you been successful borging? If so, what kind of borging worked for you? (For example, friends, family, and/or work?)

I've done it once at a friend's dedicated machine server. It wasn't really cost effective due to high electricity costs vs ppd produced.
 
DSee could you have made your responses any shorter?! Making me feel like a noob in my spotlight lol. I kid, I kid, thanks for the info!
 
DSee could you have made your responses any shorter?! Making me feel like a noob in my spotlight lol. I kid, I kid, thanks for the info!
DSee is the noob, not you. :rolleyes:
 
DSee could you have made your responses any shorter?! Making me feel like a noob in my spotlight lol. I kid, I kid, thanks for the info!

Lol, sorry buddy :) It has been sitting in my Inbox for quite some time ;D
 
Back
Top