• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

[H]elp me [H]orde

magnusvir

[H]ard|Gawd
Joined
Sep 7, 2004
Messages
1,165
Here is what I did:

My sis is here for the holidays and does not have internet access on here laptop.

She already has FAH so what I did was download a second directory in my internet able rig, transfer into a USB drive, copy the FAH directory over to her hard drive and let it fold.

When it was done, I transferred it back to my internet able rig and when I tried to send, it deleted the unit and proceeded to download another one.

How can I stop FAH from deleting and send the unit properly. BTW this arrangement will be only for a week once she goes back and gets internet access.

Thanks a lot in advance. :)

 
There's no way to get net access to her laptop?

If you can get it on the internet it would probably be best to setup a second client with timeless WUs and have them cache them so it will pick up ten of them and let it crunch away on those. Then, before she leaves, connect to the internet again and use the "-send all" flag to send back all the finished WU's. After that, just have it setup as it was before.

I'm not sure what to do otherwise. I've never had a problem swapping directories back and forth between a couple of computers for something like this. It would probably help if they were installed in the same directory on both machines. If they were and using the same client it probably wouldn't have a problem with that.

One other thing you might try to do is use the -local flag when running it and sending the unit back and getting a new one if you want to try your way again. That way it will pull the information out of the directory instead of looking in the registry.

 
When you set up the second copy did you change its machine ID number ?
If not was your copy running when you tried to upload ?

What did the FAHlog.txt file say as to why it deleated the work ?

Luck........ :D
 
ok I tried it again and I found a workaround. I let my sis' laptop run the protein under the -local switch till 99% and let me internet capable rig finish it off and send it and it worked. :)

Thanks everyone

 
Back
Top