[H] Dropbox

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey OP, Thanks for maintaining the new list. I went ahead and used the Adwords trick to max myself out (it did take nearly all of the $100 credit I got, but worked in about a week). You can remove my link at your leisure. Cheers and thanks again.

There's a new bonus that will let you add another 3GB to your account (so you can get over 6GB w/o even having any referrals). To get it you just have to use the new camera/picture auto-upload feature on the desktop beta clients or the Android client (you're only gonna get 3GB max regardless of which you use). More info on the Dropbox boards (link below) or the Android app page, it's really just a matter of finding a phone or SD card w/over 2.5GB of pics and letting the client auto-upload it tho (you have to use the autoplay option when connecting/inserting the device).

http://forums.dropbox.com/topic.php?id=57860&replies=6

Also, the referral bonus is now 500GB regardless of whether you've tied a .edu e-mail account to your Dropbox account or not, and it's retro-active, so everyone and their mom should be able to get up to 22GB relatively easily!

I'd get in on the 3GB auto-upload bonus soon before it's gone, initially it was 5GB... They soon lowered it to 3GB, and I think I read the current beta client is going stable soon, so the promo might be ending in another month or so. Dunno, I had also read they were keeping the Android app promo going for a while so maybe they'll leave it going for mobile (doesn't make much difference if you have a smartphone w/WiFi I guess, just as easy to get it).

Apparently they've upped the limit now so I can actually use referrals.

http://db.tt/qb5XQmFO

Thanks.

It's been a max of 32 referrals for quite a while. They did raise the bonus you get for each one tho, used to be half a gig for students and a quarter gig for others, now it's half a gig for everyone... It's a retroactive change tho.

Means everyone can get up to 22GB if they take advantage of all current bonuses, 2GB stock + 16GB off referrals + 3GB off auto upload bonus + 1GB off the tutorial and the other random social media bonuses. You actually end up at 21.9GB, or 23.9GB if you did the auto upload at the start of the year when they were offering 5GB, or 47GB if you have a recent HTC phone. :p

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back