[H]ardware Workshop pictures

HardOCP News

[H] News
These are the pictures from the [H]ardOCP [H]ardware Workshop that were originally posted in the thread started by TekieB.

If you have pictures from the [H]ardOCP workshop or video, feel free to post them here. If you have comments about the workshop, keep them on topic.

phantom.jpg

phantom2.jpg

phantom3.jpg

phantomomatic.jpg

phantomsmashed.jpg

Steve said:
thanks bro, that is awesome...shakycam or not! :cool:
My pleasure.
I thought it turned out pretty good for being so far away and using a digicam. :p :D

There was some mention in another thread of a video of this. Any word, link or idea on it? I have a feeling a feed will rock harder than Angus Young on crack.

I know of at least three people were videotaping it, all from the first 5 rows so there should be several good clips come out in the next few days.

Duck said:
I know of at least three people were videotaping it, all from the first 5 rows so there should be several good clips come out in the next few days.

heh...someone e-mail with a link or send me the videos when they pop up ;)

If you watch the big projector screens, someone has some decent footage of it somewhere. They were right on top of him with that camera. Someone needs to encode that feed and push it out... :D

That's quite the Gallegher impression....

Ankh

I'll make the offer; if anyone has the video and wants to put it up, I'll donate the bandwidth as I'm sure it will need quite a bit.

Hey can I use your pictures when I sell the face plate of the Phantom on eBay?

Best regards,
DV8

OK, my bad for not keeping up with the Phantom. Is it dead? Vaporware? Not gonna happen? Kaput? :D

Kirk

Ok I got a link to a couple videos from the [H]ard|OCP Workshop. These were taken from the second row by Chad Dyle who is with NOLAFF. We do have plenty of more video that is going to be put togther, but if you would like to see a close up of the smashing fun at the workshop then just click here. There are also a couple other videos from the Workshop and Quakecon in general which you can also find by click here.

Here's me and Royal and the Phantom Ban[H]ammer.

edit - removed pic due to Royal's request

Heh. You oughta see the video linked on the front page. He smashes that piece of vaporware crap good!

Tyklfe said:
Wish i coulda been there to see it.
All parts should go together without forcing. You must remember that the parts you are reassembling were disassembled by you. Therefore, if you can't get them together again, there must be a reason. By all means, do not use a hammer. -- IBM maintenance manual (1925)

That profile really just doesn't account for products like the Phantom... or Kyle :)

bored-sarcasm said:
might want to fix the title, im not sure if anyone else has noticed this. hardware worKshop

Yeah I did a doubletake before realizing it wasn't whoreshop. Dang...

this thread needs more pictures. specifically ones of people winning free hardware.

i know nothing about the phantom besides that fact that it used to have a nice website. why was it destroyed? and wasn't this a bit of a waste? :confused:

Steve said:
These are the pictures from the [H]ardOCP [H]ardware Workshop
YAY!!! Finally I get to see the carnage! Looks like Kyle had some fun with that bucket of crap. I hope Infinium gets a good look at it since it is the beginning of their welcome demise. Good riddance, Phantom game console.

So Kyle made a gigantic wooden mallet for the sole puropse of crushing a Phantom?

sweet

Falls Included said:
they are suing kyle and hardocp for giving a bad reveiw of the phantom
Actually, they are sueing Kyle / [H] for posting a bunch of information on Tim Roberts that was found via google. While the article did contian a small amount on the console itself, it's main focus was on Tim Roberts business background.

You can see the original article here --> http://www.hardocp.com/article.html?art=NTEy

Not to ruffle any feathers, but guy does sound shady. Ah well, anyways..

Once again, those pics are sweet. I love seeing destruction like this :cool:

Smashing the console was wasteful, tasteless, and extreme. It must be frustrating for a company like Infinium that is trying (in vain) to implement a new concept to see this kind of reaction to its prototype. Its a shame that a hardware journalism site condones this type of behavior. Two thumbs down.

thrashd said:
So Kyle made a gigantic wooden mallet for the sole puropse of crushing a Phantom?

sweet

There is someting to be said for just making giant wooden mallets to have around the house for any ocasion ;)

*pats the titanium crow-bar mounted underneath his desk*

Back