[H]ardocp down?? - Nope, just turn off Adblock

Status
Not open for further replies.

Monkey34

Supreme [H]ardness
I can't get any pages to load. The forum (obviously) is fine.

Don't answer this, but - Adblock?

I found this fun little feature on my work laptop that I hadn't set my white lists on.

just noticed the same, having ABP running on chrome is just loading a blank page, i might suggest this is more of a 'feature' than a bug in the site...

The only way I can view the main page is if I open it in an IE tab. If I view it in firefox, it's just a blank page.

Full Site works fine for me on Android... Mobile one does too. Problem is on your end I'd say.

Don't answer this, but - Adblock?

I found this fun little feature on my work laptop that I hadn't set my white lists on.

No, no ad-block. It's working from home, just wasn't at work. I'll see what happens tomorrow. I could RDP in and try again, but I'm on R+R time right now. ;)

Failing for me as well in Chrome when hardocp isn't whitelisted in ABP. Either something's screwed up, or people running ad blocking software are actively being denied the page.

Not to state the obvious, but the forum rules do say no ad blocking for this site....

True, but that's under HardForum rules. There's no HardOCP rules site that has to be agreed to before one can see the main page.

If they want to actively BLOCK those that are running ad blockers on their website, so be it. At least put in something saying "hey, you're blocking us, so we're blocking you". A blank screen, as it is now, simply makes the site appear broken.

Last edited:
If you are still seeing this it's your ad blocking software that is the issue. Main site works fine in Chrome for me right now.

Now, is that to say that something has changed with the various blockers and caused this, or something has purposefully been changed with the website?

(Yes, I do understand that by asking this question, I'm flirting with danger...but curiosity remains as to whether something is broken on the plugin side or something is disabled on the website side. Like I said, it'd be better to inform of undesirable activities on the page rather than presenting something that simply appears broken.)

Last edited:
I had the same problem, and traced it to firefox + adblock. Several simple solutions exist, and I'll leave those as an exercise to the reader.

[H] rules! :)

I had the same problem, and traced it to firefox + adblock. Several simple solutions exist, and I'll leave those as an exercise to the reader.

[H] rules! :)

And there's always an EXCEPTION to the rules :D

I have this site whitelisted regardless, but let me make one statement.

if I ever visit this site one day, and some video starts playing, or blaring music at me, or whatever to sell products, yeah, I would turn on adblock.

looks like you're on to something. I tried AdBlock (not ABP) on one of my computers, and [H] shows up. Something with ABP must have happened, although I don't see the workaround you just linked to.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back