[H]ardOCP & ASUS GeForce GTX 660Ti DirectCU II Giveaway

Power/heat efficiency! my gtx460 (also an asus directcu) is a bit loud with the single fan whirring at high speeds.

Who does not want a precise delivery of power and a quieter gamming card, that plus DX11 gamming with ASUS quality, make for the perfect gamming solution.

Why pick me?

Honestly, I have been an ATI man for the past 10 years. This card is the first one in a long time that could change my mind. Cost, efficiency, overclockability, and raw performance in one package - wow! And a ASUS ROG card to boot - can't imagine a better product.

One drawback to winning is that I wouldn't have any excuse not to go with Intel with that kickass MOBO to boot. Oh, well - the dark side does have it's privileges!

-Sky

Had a Texas TI for my start in computing, moved to a 486dx66 vl, started off seriously when I bought an Asus P2L97,didn’t hit my stride until I put my first AGP Asus P2-99 together with an Asus Geforce 256 3D AGP-V6600. That was my first “Holy Shit” this is unbelievable, haven’t looked back since. I was hooked on the immersive power of higher end graphics cards. Friends would say why spend extra money on a card when your moving so fast you don’t notice the scenery around you. That was my point, I do spend time enjoying the graphics. Reason my life is short when playing. :) GTX660 Ti Direct CU II TOP is certainly faster than the AMD HD7950 from what I've researched. You definitely get pure value for your money when buying an Asus product. All these years and I’ve never had a failure, which says a lot on the quality of Asus. It would be great to win an Asus graphics card, can’t go wrong. Still have my Asus P2-99 together with an Asus Geforce 256 3D AGP-V6600 hanging on my wall with other computer collectibles still functioning. An Asus product is collectible.

The GeForce GTX 660Ti DirectCU II is without a doubt a leading graphics card that is capable of handling yesterdays games with ease while being prepared to take on tomorrow's games as well.

The DirectCU II is probably the most important feature for me, personally. It means that I don't have to sacrifice mind-numbing cutting edge graphics card performance for fear of having a howling wind tunnel coming out of my PC.

Thanks to the DirectCU II cooling I will be Max Settings capable and silent as the dead which will allow me to game LONG into the night and not disturb my wife sleeping on the far side of the bedroom.

Thank you, [H]ardOCP & ASUS for showing me this card and showing me a possible future where I can briskly flee from ultra detailed zombies in DayZ at high frame rates without reality screaming "Turn that thing off, its keeping me awake!" :D

The heat sink and sheer power of the card.. crazy awesome. Plus it's Asus, can't really go wrong there.

Supreme heat control along with a GREAT dx11 card and phsyx/cuda support, all while sipping power? Being Awesome, that's my favorite feature

This card would be a huge power/noise upgrade for me, all while giving me some more performance!

I gave my perfectly functional GTX460 to a friend becuase his GTX295 finally died. I have no video card right now and could really use the ASUS card. The fact that it is cooler and quiter than my GTX460 due to DirectCU II is awesome and probably my favorite feature. I have always used ASUS motherboards because their attention to detail is second to none.

I am wanting more power from PhysX and the cooling is well designed for my setup. And the icing on the cake is the lower power usage.

The dust free fans since I don't clean my computer as much as I should.

DIGI+VRM for better overclocks.

I'm looking at putting together new PC to replace my ageing Q9450 system. The 660 looks to be the perfect sweet spot of price to performance. I like to use nVidia cards if I can because of the PhysX support.

There are two people I don't change, my barber and my mainboard manufactuer. Love Asus products and will never be unfaithful.

If you are looking for a more refined answer:

I'm looking for a card to handle BF3 and Borderlands 2 with all the eye candy and FPS that only an quality Asus card can deliver.

The ability to push 3 displays on one card, as well as its power over the last generation, it would be the perfect and spiritual successor to my GTX260's, and a great cost to power ratio over a 670.

15% more efficient and up to 30 degrees cooler? Quieter? Beefier? This thing screams green, but looks sexy in black!

I'd love to get my hands on the new 660Ti... Guildwars 2 and no more complaints on mumble "would you turn your dang fan off while chatting?" :D

Power Efficient
Affordability
Quiet *Not that it matters as seeing I'm deaf ;)
Performance at multirange resolutions / settings

Literally it's a bang for the buck and we like bangs for a buck!

Nice little performance boost over my Radeon 5850 especially with Tesselation
I also like the GPU Boost feature that the card has (Not that it's going to stop me from giving it a little manual boost myself)

As it currently stands, I play games at low settings to avoid high temps and therefore higher fan speeds with my GPU. Although it may be adequate in performance, the noise level is absolutely horrid.
The thermal design of this card would give me a much better gaming experience. :D

Greater efficiency through better design. Enough said. Proof an OEM can improve on the base platform significantly.

It would be a hell of an upgrade in terms of performance and knowing asus it'll last until I get something which will be a hell of an upgrade from it.

• Excellent design of cooler (same as GTX 670) keeps noise down and the card cool
  • Relatively high performance to watt ratio
  • Will play all the games I want to play (DX11 brings me into the present)
  • Decent overclocking ability
  • The one card will destroy the 2 GT 7800 I currently have :D

Last edited:
It's fast but it's not too hard on the power supply, which is good for me because my computer is in a hot place.

The DirectCu II cooling solution is the biggest selling point for me since I have 18 drives in my system right now so every bit of cooling performance helps.

Hi all,

I've lurked here since I learned of this website back in 2002! I've always been in love with computers, since when I was very young (playing Nintendos and arcades after elementary) and dreamt of moving from Mexico to Vancouver, BC (Canada) to study computer science and video game design; it was my dream to make games!

Unfortunately life is cruel, and it never happened :-p Instead, I did come to Vancouver , BC and continued being an avid gamer and drooled over new technology and its use in pushing games ahead. I've bought and recommended Asus and Nvidia products to everyone since forever, knowing that they offer the most kickass performance, and they always look awesome. I pre-ordered a (now ancient) Asus W3J laptop back when it came out as it was the most awesome, game-ready laptop available, and I have always wanted to build a monster rig for gaming, but I never had the cash to do so.

Now, I am saving money to eventually get that rig, but it may never happen, as I need to spend money in rent, sending money home to Mexico, etc. Still, I already knew what I'd get even before this contest: A Geforce GTX (as high a model as I could affford) and a Asus Maximus V Gene motherboard :)

Anyways! The GTX 660Ti seems to be the best bang-for-buck card out there for us who don't have the amounts of cash to push a GTX670 or 680, with most features left from the 670 except the memory bus (which is lowered to allow it to sell for $100 cheaper!). From HardOCP's tests I can see that this card is really a beast that can even run cooler and consume slightly less power than the 670, while at the same time performing wonderfully at high AA and PhysX levels. AND you can run it in tri-sli, which would just be unbelievable performance for the cost!

I am now playing my games on a 13.3" laptop with a Geforce GT 330m, which is nowhere near the performance or awesomeness that this monster would provide (paired with a sweet Asus motherboard, none-the-less!). If I were to be selected in this contest, I could also finally use my Asus ProArt 23" monitor with a video card truly worthy of its godly Full HD IPS panel!

Cheers,

Gil :)

Wow cool contest!!!

Simply put I'm looking for an upgrade and have been watching for deals on the 670 lately and was specifically eyeballing the 670 DirectCU II, but this card is very similar and I'd love to upgrade from the 6950s I currently have. The cooler solution on this card is awesome and I'd love to push it to its limits!

The Asus GTX 660Ti is power efficient, quiet AND screaming fast. Who wouldn't want to upgrade to such an amazing card?

This card will rock Battlefield 3 and Guild Wars 2 and make me a happy guy! Nothing sucks worse than your frame-rate dropping just when you need performance the most in a tense shoot out or some WvWvW PVP action!

Back