[H]ard Sff Club

Helped a friend to build V350 in Black Sexy Color ...

DSC_0108.jpg

DSC_0104.jpg

DSC_0106.jpg

DSC_0111.jpg

DSC_0110.jpg

DSC_0107.jpg

Still toting the sig rig. I'll put a picture up when I get a desk to display it on... staged on boxes right now due to moving recently... are HTPCs permitted in yet? :D

ohh . yah . .forgotten

Intel C2D 6600 2.4GHZ
Asus P5E VM HDMI
OCZ Platinum DDR2-6400 2 X 1GB
HIS IceQ3 3870 512 MB
Creative X-FI Extreme Music
Western Digital 250GB Sata III | Samsung Spin Point 500GB Sata III
Pioneer 18X SATA DVD-RW
Corsair HX 620 Watts
Lian Li PC-V350A

Cooling System:
Noctua NH-C12P

Hello

Nice rig. But when I sow it. I have a question about cooling the CPU. The gap between the fans of noctua cooler and PSU is very small and fans blows in opposite ways.Isnt there same negative efect to CPU temperatures ?
Or do you for example turn the fan in the PSU upside down ?

(Sorry my bad English)

My CPU idle at 30c ... the fan is configure to pull air from bottom of the heatsink and blow toward PSU ..

Even previously when I had the fan blowing downward temperature remains the same ...

Hey wetming, would it be possible to get a measurement of the amount of room in between the board and the bottom of the PSU in that V350? Preferably in cm or mm units? It would really help, that V350 looks quite nice and I might use that for my new build instead :D.

OH! And a measurement from the end of the board on the CPU side to the beginning of the drive cage?

My HD4870 has been "In Transit" since yesterday at 4pm so hopefully sometime next week I'll be replacing my HD3850 and really stepping things up a notch!

Stay tuned for pics!

HD4870 installed and running great!

Gonna run a full set of benchies tomorrow, 3DMark2001/03/06/Vantage with the clocks in my sig.

v350a.jpg

v350c.jpg

v350c-1.jpg

Specs:
Intel Q9550
Asus P5Q-EM
2x1gb Patriot 1200
Asus HD4870 512mb
1x300gb WD Velociraptor
2x500gb Seagate ES.2
Corsair HX620 PSU
Noctua U9B CPU Cooler

I'm in. Introducing Copper Top. Took a Lanbox Lite and modded it extensively for better airflow.
Just joined today. First post Woot!
100_3040-1.jpg

-edit - um, how come pic didn't show up?

I'm in. Introducing Copper Top. Took a Lanbox Lite and modded it extensively for better airflow.
100_3040-1.jpg

100_3040-1.jpg

I believe this is the picture you want to show us?

Oh, btw... welcome to the forum... I saw that particular rig on the overclock.net "Case Mod Work Logs". Nice piece of work you got there. :)

Can you post close-up pics of that one? It seems an interesting mod, but you're keeping us drooling... ;)

Oh, and congrats on the great choice of forum! :D Welcome!

100_3040-1.jpg

Never really understood that one. It also happens to me...

Cheers.

Miguel

I didn't think I would ever go back to a tower myself when I had my Shuttle...but there isn't nearly enough overclockability with most systems that small.

The closest I'd be able to come now would be the Sugo you have yourself, my DFI board would fit...it'd just be a matter of sacrficing cooling.

We'll see, I could easily buy the Sugo instead of my h2O and move my system as it is into it.

I have a new SFF in the works :).

Apevia X-QPACK-BK
AMD A64 Lima LE-1660 2.8 GHz
Gigabyte GA-M61PME-S2 AM2
pqi POWER 2GB DDR2 800
MSI 9600GSO
Hitachi 400GB SATA
Antec Earthwatts 380W

Parts ordered and coming soon :).

Not me. $300 for a board and another $200 on RAM and then $320 for a CPU? No thanks.

Got my parts :), already folding!

I'm waiting on my case to come in so I don't have pictures just yet.

Who else is itching for the first i7 mATX boards to come out?

DFI is supposed to be working on an X58 based Lanparty Jr board....something I'm VERY excited for, my Silverstone TJ08 will definitely have a lot of life left in it if I plan my mods to be fairly open ended.

I'm in, have a mATX system. I'm thinking of migrating the motherboard to one of the nVidia 9300/9400 boards from the Asus P5E-VM HDMI, the one concern I have is dealing with the windows Vista licensing.

I'm almost done modding a mATX Dell case for my system, and either tomorrow or Tuesday my 8800GTS 512MB arrives, so I'll have pictures soon :).

Gamer:
Sugo2 Black
Gigabyte G33M-DS2R
Q9300
Thermolab Nano Silencer
Ultra X3 1000W

File server/HTPC:
Sugo1-E Black
J&W 780G ITX (in standby for an ITX case)
X2 3800+ EE SFF
NT07-AM2
EarthWatts 380W

Torrent box:
Lian Li PC-403b
VIA Epia MII-10000
Sparkle 270W flexATX

Sorry, no towers at all here! :)

Also, curious if anyone would be willing to help me manufacture a custom high-performance ITX case, if I can provide drawings. :)

This is a spare SFF I completed for Folding (and to match my NSK4480!)

-Sorry I don't post too many pics so I don't know how to resize-

http://img219.imageshack.us/my.php?image=img1996jr8.jpg
http://g.imageshack.us/img219/img1996jr8.jpg/1/

------

Here are the specs:

Antec NSK3480 Micro-ATX Case with Antec Earth Watts 380 watt PSU
(2) 100mm Scythe 1000rpm for intake
(1) Scythe 120mm 800rpm exhaust
Intel Core2Quad Q6600 G0 Stepping
Sunbeam Core Contact Freezer CPU Cooler (Awesome AND Quiet!)
Gigabyte G31 Micro-ATX motherboard - Had for a while but never used and is new from RMA
2Gb Corsair PC2-8500
BFG 8800GT 512Mb with Arctic Cooling Accelero S2
Seagate 400Gb Serial-ATA 3.0/gbps
Sony-Optiarc 20x DVD-RW - ATA

---- Next I'll have pics of a SFF MicroFly BX6 HTPC ----

I was considering the Antec NSK3480 for a short time before I built my mATX system, but looking at your pics (no offense) I'm kinda glad I didn't, wiring would have been even more akward then it was in my TJ08.

I'm sure you made the best of it T-rock, but that case seriously needs some dremel action to re-route/hide some of those wires.

I was considering the Antec NSK3480 for a short time before I built my mATX system, but looking at your pics (no offense) I'm kinda glad I didn't, wiring would have been even more akward then it was in my TJ08.

I'm sure you made the best of it T-rock, but that case seriously needs some dremel action to re-route/hide some of those wires.

No offense taken, I've owned the TJ08 and believe it or not the NSK3480 is better on wire management. Wires can be concealed with some dremeling and I made a note of that on Anandtech, where it is listed for sale.

This is a spare rig that didn't actually get any use, so I decided to sell it off and get a PS3! I mainly chose it to complement my NSK4480. But given the stock configuration, I think I did pretty well ;)

No offense taken, I've owned the TJ08 and believe it or not the NSK3480 is better on wire management. Wires can be concealed with some dremeling and I made a note of that on Anandtech, where it is listed for sale.

This is a spare rig that didn't actually get any use, so I decided to sell it off and get a PS3! I mainly chose it to complement my NSK4480. But given the stock configuration, I think I did pretty well ;)

I can understand where you're coming from...if I didn't have a modular PSU the wiring in my TJ08 would have been dreadful.

Back