[H]ard|Folding Stats Version 17 (Alpha Test Version .02)

I like it King, i like how you can change the color options, but How come I can't find myself :( (y i posted badge had to make sure I was still folding)

[H]orde|Rewards has no page 2, despite there being a button for it :confused:
Just keeps sending you to page 1 repeatedly, and changing manually to page 2 shows a blank page :D

Also, the badge color buttons send me to a blank page :p

only bugs i've come across so far

I like it King, i like how you can change the color options, but How come I can't find myself :( (y i posted badge had to make sure I was still folding)

If you mean by logging in, you have to create a new account as the alpha page is not connected to the regular hardfolding database. There's nothing King can do about that until this goes fully live.

Otherwise here is your team stats and here is your overall project stats. There really isn't much difference between the two. But there are a couple of differences.

[H]orde|Rewards has no page 2, despite there being a button for it :confused:
Just keeps sending you to page 1 repeatedly, and changing manually to page 2 shows a blank page :D

Also, the badge color buttons send me to a blank page :p

only bugs i've come across so far

As for the [H]orde Rewards page you are referring to, it keeps going back to the same page because there aren't anymore pages to go to. Each page allows up to 200 entries and in the 500k qualified page there are less than 100 people on it. The 1.5 million page is the same way.

If you look at the Not Qualified or Dead Member lists, you will see that the page numbers, next and last buttons use white text. This essentially means you can click on them and there is something there. The non-white text is "grayed out" which means it will do nothing for you.

As for the badges, that is not operational at this point. It's likely it won't be until the new format goes into production. Right now the alpha page is using a different database from the production page and the badge technically wouldn't be the same. Not to mention, when the alpha page is gone, the badge created from it wouldn't work or would show the wrong information.

It's there to show you how it looks but that part is not functional at this time. People will still have to get their badges from the production hardfolding page.

I hope I was able to explain that in a way people can understand. I'm not the best at describing things. If anymore clarification is needed, just give me a yell.

Changes 12/12

New Items

• Main stats stream, process and algorithms re-written to add record code and new ppd calculation code.
  • Defcon function and algorithm re-written to support new ppd code.
  • Project Member Records section added.
  • Team Records section added.
  • Team Member Records section added.

Reworked Items

• Project Members Attack/Threats List ppd functions re-written to support new code.
  • Team Attack/Threats List ppd functions re-written to support new code.
  • Team Members Attack/Threats Page ppd functions re-written to support new code.
  • Project Members Comparison Page ppd functions re-written to support new code.
  • Team Comparison Page ppd functions re-written to support new code.
  • Team Members Comparison Page ppd functions re-written to support new code.

Bug Fixes

• Project Member Records section was displaying the 12-31-69 bug in each of the fields for members that have not produced a score since the new routines were added.
  • Team Records section was displaying the 12-31-69 bug in each of the fields for members that have not produced a score since the new routines were added.
  • Team Member Records section was displaying the 12-31-69 bug in each of the fields for members that have not produced a score since the new routines were added.

1 [H]ard Team, 2 Great Projects, 1 Common Goal..... The Cure.

Site Admin: [H]ard|Folding
Lurker Extraordinaire

That's fast :)

There is a potential concern to take care about the records : What about if the database crashed like it happened in the past then the stats is updated in a bunch, inflating the numbers artificially, which can cause erroneous records (like 4 days in 1 day and taking this as a record).

IMHO, we need some safeguards against this and I might have a good idea : If there is no update for X times in a row, discard the next update since it's automatically inflated. We may miss some legitimate records but it's better than putting wrong numbers.

That's fast :)

There is a potential concern to take care about the records : What about if the database crashed like it happened in the past then the stats is updated in a bunch, inflating the numbers artificially, which can cause erroneous records (like 4 days in 1 day and taking this as a record).

IMHO, we need some safeguards against this and I might have a good idea : If there is no update for X times in a row, discard the next update since it's automatically inflated. We may miss some legitimate records but it's better than putting wrong numbers.

I think that in case of (for example) 7 days without proper updates points should be spread evenly to all 7 days.....

I think that in case of (for example) 7 days witout proper updates points should be spread evenly to all 7 days.....

This would be great if we lose a month and a half of points again like the last big crash. Nearly 40,000 points in August skewed my stats a lot until I ramped up production to break that last month alone. :D

Any type of safeguards like that would probably require a complete rewriting of everything even if it is possible. At this time, the only reason something like that would happen is if the [H] database server takes a dump or something again. Basically, it's nothing we have any control over.

I wouldn't mind seeing something like this myself, but considering that the task could involve a rewriting of everything, I don't think it's doable.

It's a good suggestion and we'll keep it in mind if we can find a way to implement it without having to redo everything in regards to the stats code. It's just with what would have to be done with the current implementation, it's practically impossible I'm afraid.

But keep the ideas coming. Even if it's not something that can be implemented at this time, it does not mean it can't be looked at again and implemented at a later date.

Another idea, easier this time, would be to have a toggle to enable/disable records checking. When we know the server took a dump, we can disable this until the stats get straightened again (1-3 updates). If we are lucky, we won't have to worry for a very long time but crashes happen and we should be ready for that.

It is doable to configure the server so the record checking is disabled at boot. We must enable manually so if it crash, the check is disabled automatically. However, I dunno exactly how the servers interact so I'm just tossing some guesses around.

Changes 12/14

New Items

• Project Members Records section bypass code added to main stats stream process.
  • Team Record aection bypass code added to main stats stream process.
  • Team Members Record section bypass code added to main stats stream process.

Note: New Record sections will no-longer update after server downtime, any server downtime spanning more then 3 hours will now automatically cause the update to the top score fields to be bypassed during that run.

Lurker Extraordinaire

Still problem with PPD - as you can see here:

PPD is counted as past 6 days / 7 (its not counting points from today) - PPD should be 7818 instead of 7064...

Edit: I think that best solution for PPD would be - past 7 days / 7 - in this case PPD would be updated during each 1AM update

King_N, this method should work fine for the actual updates but not really for the averages (PPU/PPD/PPW/PPM since it will be calculated across a period of time). It's still a good step in the right direction.

We need some ideas to find a way to safeguard the records from the averages errors (the one to remind is the last summer large dump after the [H] server crash and db loss. I got over one million in a single update so the averages is skewed till after 1-2 months).

Rebel44, for the PPD, you may be right since on EOC, my average is always a bit higher than here but I didn't formalize or investigate this. I will do a current check to see if there is a error :

-----------

15,644 ppd before today. On the page, it's marked "Per Day 13,980" so there is indeed a error. We actually need to not calculate the total for today or get the total of points between the same hours.

With some debugging, it looks like it took the total of 8 days, removed the total for today then divided by 8 instead of 7.

I'll try to come up with another way of handling the record area, if worse comes to worst I'll just have to reset those areas after a major downtime.

Please keep in mind that I do not have any control over the server itself(it is the same server as [H]ard|OCP and the [H]ard|Forums so anything that happens to the server is beyond my power to fix).

I'll look for an error in the PPD code.

It *should* be taking the total score for days 2-8(7 days) and dividing by 7, that is the way I coded it, so if there is still a problem it has to be a typo in the code itself or php is acting up again.

I've isolated the problem, it was a simple typo in the code itself, once I test the fix it will be added to the normal routine.

Lurker Extraordinaire

Changes 12/14

Bug Fix

• Fixed a typo in the main stream process function that caused an incorrect PPD score.

Lurker Extraordinaire

Great :)

For the record, a reset would be fine too so let's just knock the wood about the servers. Only the averages would need to be reset and your code to skip after a crash would cover most issues.

Changes 12/14

New Items

• Project Members Attack / Threats list PPD column now supports the [7 day, 14 day, 21 day, and 28 day average selection].
  • Teams Attack / Threats list PPD column now supports the [7 day, 14 day, 21 day, and 28 day average selection].
  • Team Members Attack / Threats list added PPD column now supports the [7 day, 14 day, 21 day, and 28 day average selection].

Lurker Extraordinaire

Changes 12/14

New Items

• Project Members Production section added PPD color codes.
  • Teams Production section added PPD color codes.
  • Team Members Production section added PPD color codes.

Lurker Extraordinaire

Love the new site. Keep up the good work. :) Although, the pink letters aren't really my style. :p

Love the new site. Keep up the good work. :) Although, the pink letters aren't really my style. :p

Actually, that's a pretty easy fix. Just create an account on the alpha harfolding page, login and change just about every color on the page. King set it up so everyone can configure the colors and other aspects of the site to their own liking. It's definitely not something I've seen on a webpage before. At least not this much configuration.

Changes 12/15

New Items

• Project Members Attack / Threats added selected member anchor.
  • Teams Attack / Threats added selected member anchor.
  • Team Members Attack / Threats added selected member anchor.

Note: With this change in place when selecting a member or team Attack / Threats list you will not only be taken to the page where the member/team exists, but also taken to the section of the page.

Lurker Extraordinaire

I think I may have found a potential bug :

When I changed the ppd colors (mainly so everything under 5000 is white, 5000-7500 green, 7500-10k in yellow and so on), I noticed that at around 5000 ppd, some ppl is in white and others in green even if all is over 5000 ppd... I guess the checks formula might be incorrect.

I think I may have found a potential bug :

When I changed the ppd colors (mainly so everything under 5000 is white, 5000-7500 green, 7500-10k in yellow and so on), I noticed that at around 5000 ppd, some ppl is in white and others in green even if all is over 5000 ppd... I guess the checks formula might be incorrect.

I just did some looking at it (and found a bug that King fixed real quick) and couldn't recreate the problem. If you could get a screenshot or something like that it would help.

I'm wondering if the problem may have been in regards to an update. By the timing of your post, I think an update was being performed at the time you were looking at it. Because of that, it can mess with the way the stats are presented. In some cases, the person's PPD may have increased but it wasn't totally reflected on the site just yet. That would explain why someone with 5k+ PPD was showing up as white. Part of the stats were updated but not everything was completed.

Please take a look again and post a screenshot, though. If the problem is not with the stats update, we need to look more into it and find out what exactly the problem is.

I just did some looking at it (and found a bug that King fixed real quick) and couldn't recreate the problem. If you could get a screenshot or something like that it would help.

I'm wondering if the problem may have been in regards to an update. By the timing of your post, I think an update was being performed at the time you were looking at it. Because of that, it can mess with the way the stats are presented. In some cases, the person's PPD may have increased but it wasn't totally reflected on the site just yet. That would explain why someone with 5k+ PPD was showing up as white. Part of the stats were updated but not everything was completed.

Please take a look again and post a screenshot, though. If the problem is not with the stats update, we need to look more into it and find out what exactly the problem is.

I rechecked after reading your post and it's now correct. You are right, I might have looked at the list in the middle of a update without realizing this fact...

Changes 12/15

Bug Fixes

• Project Members List: fixed a sorting bug, when selecting a sort type then changing page it would revert back to the original sort.
  • Project Members List: fixed a bug that would cause the project section of the navbar to collapse in-correctly when selecting a sort or page link.

I also did a check on the ppd colors and couldn't re-create the problem, if you run across it again please let me know.

Lurker Extraordinaire

I rechecked after reading your post and it's now correct. You are right, I might have looked at the list in the middle of a update without realizing this fact...

Yeah, any time I'm bughunting or looking for a problem or something, I have to stop until the update has been completed. Certain fields are not properly populated and things like that until the update is finished.

Just something to keep in mind when you run into something. I should have said something about this earlier. However, if someone does run into something that looks like a bug and it's during an update, do not dismiss it. If you have the time, please check it again after the update to see if it's still there. Even if the problem is not there, there's nothing wrong with mentioning it here. It could be a problem outside of a simple stats processing update which may need to be fixed.

Changes 12/17

Bug Fixes

• Project Members Future Comparison Graph: fixed a minor bug, that was causing the graph to show up as a broken imageon occasion.
  • Teams Future Comparison Graph: fixed a minor bug, that was causing the graph to show up as a broken image on occasion.
  • Team Members Future Comparison Graph: fixed a minor bug, that was causing the graph to show up as a broken image on occasion.

Lurker Extraordinaire

Changes 12/17

Bug Fixes

• Team Members Milestones Page: [H] milestones were incorrectly displaying for all teams, other teams should now correctly display the generic milestone badge once again.
  • Team Members Milestones List: [H] milestones were incorrectly displaying for all teams, other teams should now correctly display the generic milestone badge once again.

Lurker Extraordinaire

Changes 12/18

Reworked Items

• Project Members Stats Page: Defcon Routine redesigned for a better look.
  • Teams Stats Page: Defcon Routine redesigned for a better look.
  • Team Members Stats Page: Defcon Routine redesigned for a better look.
  • Project Members Comparison Page: Defcon Routine redesigned for a better look.
  • Teams Comparison Page: Defcon Routine redesigned for a better look.
  • Team Members Comparison Page: Defcon Routine redesigned for a better look.

Lurker Extraordinaire

Changes 12/18

New Items

• New Banner Added

Reworked Items

• Global: Changed a few of the default colors around.
  • Project Stats Page: Replaced the new member brackets "()" with "[]".
  • Project Stats Page: Replaced the new milestone brackets "()" with "[]".
  • Team Stats Page: Replaced the new member brackets "()" with "[]".
  • Team Stats Page: Replaced the new milestone brackets "()" with "[]".

Layout Fixes

• Team Stat page: Re-aligned a few items that were in-corrctly centering.

Lurker Extraordinaire

Hopefully all the fixes and changes I have made lately are working correctly, there haven't been any posts to the contrary.

Lurker Extraordinaire

I'm currently working on adding 2 new graph types into the mix

Spline

spline.jpg

and

Step

step.jpg

Once completed the graph type choices will now cover Bar, Line, Trend, Pie, Spline, and Step.

Lurker Extraordinaire

Found a slight glitch.
In my records section, it shows my best day in terms of work units is today at only 8, but 3 days days ago I folded 14 which shows up on the points side.

Ps. All the members I've checked have that entery wrong.

Luck .......... :D

Found a slight glitch.
In my records section, it shows my best day in terms of work units is today at only 8, but 3 days days ago I folded 14 which shows up on the points side.

Ps. All the members I've checked have that entery wrong.

Luck .......... :D

I'll look into the issue.

Lurker Extraordinaire

Changes 12/20

Bug Fixes

• Stats Stream Process: Team Records function, fixed a bug with the best day code.
  • Stats Stream Process: Member Records function, fixed a bug with the best day code.

Lurker Extraordinaire

Back