• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Gulftown Overclocks

kirbyrj

Fully [H]
2FA
Joined
Feb 1, 2005
Messages
31,347
What are you guys seeing on the OC with the 6 cores? What settings are you using?

I'm at 4.2Ghz and am stable with Prime95, but I was reading on some websites that they were having a hard time getting to 4Ghz. I am totally new to the Core i series OCing and I've been trying to figure out all the terminology, but anyway, here's what I have:

Cooling: Corsair H50 (single fan since two fans didn't fit with the cooler on the motherboard)
CPU Voltage: 1.325V
Memory Voltage: 1.6V
Turbo Mode: Disabled
Hyperthreading: Enabled
Bclk: 175mhz
Multiplier: Stock x24
QPI: 6.3Ghz (CPU-Z reports 3.15Ghz, but Bios says 6.3...not sure what's going on here)
Memory Speed: 1400mhz (1600mhz sticks)

Some of the temps get a little high in Prime95...like in the 80C range. Is that normal? I came from a X6 1090T and temps above 60C were considered too high.
 
Some of the temps get a little high in Prime95...like in the 80C range. Is that normal? I came from a X6 1090T and temps above 60C were considered too high.

AMD has a max temp of about 65C while Intel has 100C max temp.

QPI: 6.3Ghz (CPU-Z reports 3.15Ghz, but Bios says 6.3...not sure what's going on here)

Both answers are technically correct. Depends on if you say MT/s or GHz.
 
AMD has a max temp of about 65C while Intel has 100C max temp.



Both answers are technically correct. Depends on if you say MT/s or GHz.

Ok...that makes sense.

I've used the Intel Burn Test before. Just not on this machine yet. I'll try it when I get home.

What are the Gulftowns maxing out around in terms of speed? Any general consensus (obviously every chip is different)?
 
Back
Top