Guild Wars 2 Performance

dremic

Supreme [H]ardness
Are people having issues with Guild Wars 2 performing correctly?

I am not getting the desired fps.. sometimes as low as 20fps and really low gpu usage.

This is in the nvidia section due to the rig i have now in my sig.
so a couple questions

roughly what is your average fps?

what driver version are you using?

what is your cpu & gpu if it isnt in your sig?

THANK YOU for your response.

Are people having issues with Guild Wars 2 performing correctly?

I am not getting the desired fps.. sometimes as low as 20fps and really low gpu usage.

This is in the nvidia section due to the rig i have now in my sig.
so a couple questions

THANK YOU for your response.

25-30 FPS most areas, with spikes to 38-40 and drops as low as 18-20.

Tried both 304.79 and 306.02, both are performing like garbage with GW2. I gather this is a common issue. These versions were tested during headstart. I tried 301.42 during beta weekends and it performed badly as well then.

i7 2600K @ 4.6ghz currently, with a GTX 670 Gigabyte OC @ 1392mhz core/7220mhz memory.

You're welcome. :)

I have tried it with both the 304.79 & 306.02 beta drivers and runs very smooth with everything max. In nvidia control panel tried with vsync on always stuck on 60fps with vsync off around 100-120+fps.
I play on 1080p res. with vsync on for smooth gameplay and no screen tearing.
Might be a certain setting in your nvidia control panel that is causing it.

FPS?
For me, around 60 when looking at nothing. Average would be around 20-30 in cities and the open world. Even lower if there's an event going on.

Driver Version?
Both 304 and 306 sets. No difference between them.

Specs?
i7-3930K @ 4.2 GHz, Tri-SLI 680 FTW+ 4GB @ Stock

The biggest problem I noticed with this game in relation to my cards is that the GPU clocks drop hard during complex scenes, going from 1184 MHz to 324 MHz. Strangely though, my GTX 690 in my other computer performs somewhat better with the same settings, but I'll have to check and see if it has the same downclocking problem.

running beta 304.79

Average FPS: About 80 FPS average

Rig1 for specs. I play @ 1920x1080 windowed mode cause the cut-scenes/character select screen make the game look like ass @ 5760x1080. I like to use my other monitors for something else if I can't run the game in NV surround.

My son has this:

Ci7 860 @ 3.8GHz
GTX 580s in SLi
Dell U2410
Latest nVidia beta.....306 something, right?

Frame rate is 60-80 with all highest settings if I'm not mistaken. He says the game is smooth, he's had no particular problems that I'm aware of.:D

I'm getting about 35-40fps with the specs in my sig. My in-game settings are:

gw001.jpg

I think I'm going to be looking to replace the 6870s come Christmas, any nVidia suggestions?

15,360 is the "build" number, aka the most recent patch. By the time I get home it will probably be 15,362 or something XD.

Any NV suggestions?
How much money do you have? It's pretty simple, since they only have 3 cards this generation... Although I vote AMD :p

To anyone running Nvidia cards, make sure you set the NV control panel to use program Vsync, if you try to use adaptive Vsync it drops the frames dramatically (for me 15-20) and causes insane stuttering.

I have a 680 Lightning OC'd to 1300mhz and I stay locked at 60fps in all but the most demanding scenes (100+ people in one spot) at 2560x1440, all options maxed and FXAA, 304.79 drivers.

How much money do you have? It's pretty simple, since they only have 3 cards this generation... Although I vote AMD :p

AMD's driver's have been a bit of a fiasco the last few months, I'm not happy with them at all.

I think the 660ti is going to be in my future, assuming it's a solid upgrade from my 6870s.

FPS?
For me, around 60 when looking at nothing. Average would be around 20-30 in cities and the open world. Even lower if there's an event going on.

Driver Version?
Both 304 and 306 sets. No difference between them.

Specs?
i7-3930K @ 4.2 GHz, Tri-SLI 680 FTW+ 4GB @ Stock

The biggest problem I noticed with this game in relation to my cards is that the GPU clocks drop hard during complex scenes, going from 1184 MHz to 324 MHz. Strangely though, my GTX 690 in my other computer performs somewhat better with the same settings, but I'll have to check and see if it has the same downclocking problem.

Do you have the power mode set to prefer maximum performance? In the nvidia control panel? That is a common issue when people don't set it, for mmo titles.

Do you have the power mode set to prefer maximum performance? In the nvidia control panel? That is a common issue when people don't set it, for mmo titles.

i set that value and i do think it makes a difference. unforunately not the difference necessary to get me the fps i want or the fps i should have :(

i set that value and i do think it makes a difference. unforunately not the difference necessary to get me the fps i want or the fps i should have :(

I meant that to DarkAngel_ZERO since he was describing downclocking to low-power mode :).

Forgot to mention the GPU frequency and usage when I play GW2. GPU frequency is mostly on 1006Mhz and sometimes goes abit higher to like 1200+Mhz, this is with vsync on in nvidia's control panel. In game I have not ticked vsync. The rest of the graphics options in GW2 are at it's highest.
GPU usage is never really high always hover at 45-50% sometimes goes up to like 68%.
GPU memory is very low for this game, like around 600-800MB.
I play the human area alot and do PvE with lots of dynamic events always with tons of people fyi if your wondering where I'm testing the game and settings.

Nvidia control panel I have it using maximum performance and most things left on default. FXAA on and Vsync on. Render frames at 2.

Hope this helps anybody.

60 in most places, 40's in larger battles such as in the swamp

See sig. Resolution is 2560x1440, settings in game are all on High, Shadows is one step below max (auto detect set it all and I left it there as performance was smooth and it looked great).

I get 40-60 FPS with max in game settings and super sampling turned on.
I play at 1080p and have the latest non-beta drivers.

I get 30-35 fps with all settings on high

2560x1440
Radeon 6950 2GB (not overclocked) 810mhz core. GW2 kept freezing even with a little OC. This card works flawlessly in OCCT and all other games at 850mhz core.

It kinda makes me want to upgrade to a 7950.

Is there a way to view FPS on game screen insead of options menu? I know I can use fraps but not sure if this game has one bulit in on screen.

Is there a way to view FPS on game screen insead of options menu? I know I can use fraps but not sure if this game has one bulit in on screen.

nope only through the settings menu can you see it, under the graphics preferences.

unfortunately.

i use MSI Afterburner overlay addon so that i can see everything.. its VERY useful :)

My 680 on my desktop gets 50+ fps with everything maxed at 2560x1600 (+100/+100 overclock on the 680 and an i7 at 4.3).
My 680m on my laptop gets 55+ fps with everything maxed (minus supersampling) at 1920x1080 (no overclocking).

My laptop with the 9800GS in it cannot play the game smoothly no matter what the settings.
Haven't tested on my 5850.

I'll give it a shot and see if that helps. I had a hard lock yesterday when trying to play the game @6010x1080. After about an hour, my middle GPU temp read 77C just before the system crapped out. The MB BIOS POST screen said "Overclock Failed!", but that's a different issue, related to the 2104 BIOS for my board.

I'm not sure if it was the last client update or me accidentally changing an nV display setting I don't remember, but when I fired up GW2 this morning (system in sig, modified 305.68 drivers, 2560x1600, all settings cranked) it seemed to be stuck at 15FPS until I changed the sample type from native to supersampling. Once I did that it went back to its usual 50-60FPS, though it got down to around 40 when I stumbled across a giant outdoor boss in a swamp with about fifteen folks whaling on it.

I am using GTX 470 2xSLI @1080p and get about 60-100fps with everything maxxed, it sometimes drops to the 40's-50's but only with 20+ people on screen casting spells. @1080p

Back