GTX680 at ebay in stock!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Are you kidding me! Who would spend that much over msrp?

Some one who has the cash and wants it ASAP.

It's a hot item right now.

I don't support the MSRP price but they can be found on ebay for those that want em.

I should have one in a few weeks from my step up program and I am not planning on keeping it. I will be selling it for what I paid for it if someone wants it. No price gouging here, I have another card already.

Last edited:
If you sell a GTX 680 for $600 on ebay, you end up breaking even after ebay fees, paypal fees and shipping. I don't know why anyone bothers listing it on there.

how the hell is this a hotdeal? don't come here and promote your price gouging ebay post

Ugh, this price gouging at release is always disgusting. Please, no one give them the satisfaction.

LOL "Go get it". That statement makes me feel like I just ate a doggie biscuit.

So if I wait, the extra money that I pay for this "killer ebay deal" could go towards a whole lot of other normally priced PC stuff (SLI). :D

Some one who has the cash and wants it ASAP.

It's a hot item right now.

I don't support the MSRP price but they can be found on ebay for those that want em.

That only works for Apple products :p

The price has gone down to $719.00 right now. Looks like the seller is looking for a quick sell.

This is the first listing I have seen of the Super Clocked model that is in stock.

Super Clocked Info:
http://www.evga.com/products/pdf/02G-P4-2682.pdf

For those complaining about the price please keep in mind that I don't support the pricing of any of the 28nm cards to date. I can understand the complaints. I think they are all over priced for the performance but there is always people that want these cards and can afford to pay a premium price to have the latest and greatest video card first. Not everyone can afford to have this type of luxury video card.

That's retarded. I hope vendors don't get this idea for y'alls sake.

That's retarded. I hope vendors don't get this idea for y'alls sake.

As stupid as it is, I guarantee you some people will purhase these cards way over MSRP just to have one. I never have and never will understand why people need to buy something waaay over it's retail price just to get their hands on it now. There really are suckers born every minute.

As stupid as it is, I guarantee you some people will purhase these cards way over MSRP just to have one. I never have and never will understand why people need to buy something waaay over it's retail price just to get their hands on it now. There really are suckers born every minute.

Its the same reason a to why there are more than just Honda Civics in the world.

meh...haven't been exactly excited from a "boost" in performance since jumps from my old 8800gtxs to 280 series...all else to this point has me still waiting because frankly I see no performance hit in the games I play even across 24x3 eyefinity. But, then again I am only working a backlog at the moment...

meh...haven't been exactly excited from a "boost" in performance since jumps from my old 8800gtxs to 280 series...all else to this point has me still waiting because frankly I see no performance hit in the games I play even across 24x3 eyefinity. But, then again I am only working a backlog at the moment...

I really started thinking about this the other day. I have a 1055t that is losing its overclocks and was going to replace the GTX 470. Then I saw the mobo/cpu combo deal that would get me a 2500k, P68 Asrock Quad SLi capable board for $270 out the door. I am thinking with that combo the GTX 470 should be good for another year at only 1920x1080 resolution. I would rather wait on the graphics and get the CPU this year. Got a feeling Nvidia going to push Maxwell( Winter 2013-14?) back and GK110 will be out either this late winter or next spring with no real reason for them to hurry.

But yeah, same here on the graphics card performance, doesn't really make me that excited like the performance jumps of past years.

Abeeftec? Is this the same seller as the guy on OCN that thinks power supply efficiency means how much it degrades every year? I would be kind of afraid to buy anything from him.

If you sell a GTX 680 for $600 on ebay, you end up breaking even after ebay fees, paypal fees and shipping. I don't know why anyone bothers listing it on there.

Good point but not entirely correct. Electronics have a 7% fee on the first $50 and 5% fee above that for buy it now listings. so a $600 sell of a GTX 680 would have a $31 fee plus paypal will charge you 3% so that is another $18 for a total of $49. shipping with full insurance should cost about $15 via UPS, so now we are talking $65 in total expenses.

Now who in their right mind would buy a $500 item just to make $35? along with the risk involved (fraud on buyers part, shipping issues, insurance claims are not easy, I know!)

Yes Ebay is insane with fees especially if selling non electronics where auction style you are looking at 9% with no limit! plus 3% paypal. So basically you need to sell something for 15% more than you paid just to break even. You can't "make money" on ebay anymore, its just used for getting rid of shit you don't want and don't want to waste time trying to get a few bucks elsewhere. Its also not a great place to buy stuff because 90% of it is now Buy It Now only listings with crazy prices that you can find cheaper almost everywhere online (for electronics its never cheaper on ebay).

But on the positive side, I sold my old iphone on ebay for $260 (2 years old) I paid $300 for it new, basically almost paid for my new phone! Before Ebay where else would I have sold it that easily and gotten that much??

Is the seller giving the buyer a kiss and a cigarette as well, 'cause you are getting seriously bent over if you pay that!

I can't TC in FS/FT, but I hope I can here. I want to see a comedian in town next month, but the tickets sold out in thirty minutes. Many, many of the tickets came back up for resale for 1,000% mark up. Price gouging pisses me off as much as ticket scalping. &#@% everyone who depletes the retail channel and makes desirable goods unattainable for the rest of us. I hope you all get gonorrhea.

I can't TC in FS/FT, but I hope I can here. I want to see a comedian in town next month, but the tickets sold out in thirty minutes. Many, many of the tickets came back up for resale for 1,000% mark up. Price gouging pisses me off as much as ticket scalping. &#@% everyone who depletes the retail channel and makes desirable goods unattainable for the rest of us. I hope you all get gonorrhea.

You will get banned for TC here, but I still must agree with you 1000%.

Question to the mods: is it thread crapping if the thread itself is crap? I mean, this isn't a [H]otdeal, it's not even a legitimate post in this forum. I'd say its even bordering on a troll post, what with the "go get it" sarcasm from the OP.

You will get banned for TC here, but I still must agree with you 1000%.

Question to the mods: is it thread crapping if the thread itself is crap? I mean, this isn't a [H]otdeal, it's not even a legitimate post in this forum. I'd say its even bordering on a troll post, what with the "go get it" sarcasm from the OP.

Yeah, I've been infracted for "crapping" in what was unanimously considered to be a crap thread. The mods stance is, report it and don't post. That said, I think Hot Deals needs to have a little bit better standards for what can and cannot be posted here.

I think Hot Deals needs to have a little bit better standards for what can and cannot be posted here.

I see people posting for new MSRP items all the time in the hotdeal section all the time.

Again I think the pricing on the GTX680 is steep to begin with but this particular card is the Super Clocked EVGA GTX680 and is rare as of right now. So the deal is hot for that reason alone. I'm a cheap ass and would never buy this card for MSRP let alone a marked up ebay price.

Really the deal is only hot if you value it. Just like any deal. What is hot to you may not be be hot to the next guy. I can understand all the bitching about the price though, I do the same all the time. For some people this kind of money isn't much. It's like tipping your buyer a couple of hundred bucks for finding you a hot item that is hard to come by.

Not everyone is a cheap ass.

Yeah, I've been infracted for "crapping" in what was unanimously considered to be a crap thread. The mods stance is, report it and don't post. That said, I think Hot Deals needs to have a little bit better standards for what can and cannot be posted here.

Like a voting option on each post - something like fatwallet has.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back