GTX280 buyers remorse thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Honestly, if I was given two cards that had the same raw power for the same price, I'd pick the Nvidia card. And not because I'm a some sort of fanboy. Because Nvidia, right or wrong, pays money to game developers to make sure thier cards will run well on those games. This is something that doesn't show up in price wars. Nvidia is also much more financially stable which means they are able to spend more money keeping thier drivers alive. When companies get strapped for cash, support and research go away.

threads really gone to a weird place, no?
Yes, yes it has

TO THE ORIGINAL POSTER:

stfu.jpg

Honda when u are no longer [H] Lite then u will be respected enuff to be abl:mad:e to talk shit

till then go back to waxing your 89 civic

Honestly, if I was given two cards that had the same raw power for the same price, I'd pick the Nvidia card. And not because I'm a some sort of fanboy. Because Nvidia, right or wrong, pays money to game developers to make sure thier cards will run well on those games. This is something that doesn't show up in price wars. Nvidia is also much more financially stable which means they are able to spend more money keeping thier drivers alive. When companies get strapped for cash, support and research go away.

Yes, yes it has

Well atleast you admit you are a dyed in the wool Nvdia fanboi

and noting is wrong with that ..everyone is a fan of something or someone

Honda when u are no longer [H] Lite then u will be respected enuff to be abl:mad:e to talk shit

He maybe an [H]Lite, but in all honesty there are a lot of 'n00bs' around here I respect more than you.

What's funny is that you talk about buyer's remorse yet you only have a pair of 9600GT cards. What remorse are you talking about? Just because you can't afford a GTX280 to replace your beloved 9600GT, doesn't mean that people who CAN AFFORD them, should have remorse.

You should start a thread that says: "People who want a GTX280 but can't afford it thread"

*and it continues*

mmm nothing like some Almond Fried Chicken for breakfast ;)

this thread is a great way to start off my mornings :D

Well atleast you admit you are a dyed in the wool Nvdia fanboi

and noting is wrong with that ..everyone is a fan of something or someone

Honestly, if I was given two cards that had the same raw power for the same price, I'd pick the Nvidia card. And not because I'm some sort o fanboy. Because Nvidia, right or wrong, pays money to game developers to make sure thier cards will run well on those games. This is something that doesn't show up in price wars. Nvidia is also much more financially stable which means they are able to spend more money keeping thier drivers alive. When companies get strapped for cash, support and research go away.

Yes, yes it has

"And not because I'm some sort o fanboy." "Because Nvidia, right or wrong, pays money to game developers to make sure thier cards will run well on those games."

He's a fanboi alright ...:rolleyes:

"And not because I'm some sort o fanboy." "Because Nvidia, right or wrong, pays money to game developers to make sure thier cards will run well on those games."

He's a fanboi alright ...:rolleyes:

yes he is

U reek of an hardcore NVIDIOT..... why would i replace my 9600SLi for a card that ddenst beat them by enuff to warrant it .... u should have remorse for posting this nonsense

U, an hardcore, reek, enuff, etc etc... What else can one expect from someone who doesn't even know how to spell.

U reek of an hardcore NVIDIOT..... why would i replace my 9600SLi for a card that ddenst beat them by enuff to warrant it .... u should have remorse for posting this nonsense

WAIT! You think that your 9600GT SLi is just as fast as a GTX 280?

WAIT! You think that your 9600GT SLi is just as fast as a GTX 280?

Proxxie i know u a good reader

i said THE 280gtx is faster... but fast enuff where i would ditch my 9600's and pay that price

hell i just got them...

It's obvious that there is no moderation in the video card sub-forums for...two weeks now ?

Also, don't feed the troll.

hell i just got them...

You JUST GOT a pair of 9600GTs? What you had before them? Geforce4 Ti 4200? BUHHAHAHAHAAHAH You just keep making a fool out of yourself with each post you make. Nothing like feeding a troll. :D

First off, number of posts, which determins rank means nothing. But since you seem to think it does:

I'm [H]ard|Gawd, your only Gawd.

stfu.jpg

Proxxie i know u a good reader

i said THE 280gtx is faster... but fast enuff where i would ditch my 9600's and pay that price

hell i just got them...

I agree. The 9600GT SLI is going to be right around the speed or just under the speed of a 9800GX2 give or take some of the time. The Geforce GTX 280 is faster or at least smoother but I agree that its' probably not enough to warrant ditching what you have. You won't get much performance for your $650.

You JUST GOT a pair of 9600GTs? What you had before them? Geforce4 Ti 4200? BUHHAHAHAHAAHAH You just keep making a fool out of yourself with each post you make. Nothing like feeding a troll. :D

It's not like the 9600GT is that old. Also making fun of some one for their purchases is just plain rude. So what if he just got them? What you've said is akin to making fun of someone because they can't afford a Geforce GTX 280 and a Core 2 Extreme processor. Its' elitism at its' worse and just being a plain jackass.

First off, number of posts, which determins rank means nothing. But since you seem to think it does:

I'm [H]ard|Gawd, your only Gawd.

Image snip......

This was a useless post. This type of flamebait didn't need to be posted.

Dan why has this thread not been locked and bans handed out? There is obvious trolling and flaming here, shut it down already!

This is one angry thread. The only thing worse than the topic was my desire to subscribe to it.
So, does this mean Nvidia is behind again? ATi is getting good buzz from the reviews.

i looked at AMD and NVDA stock. both are down significantly (NV down 50% from high, but AMD down almost 85% from peak. AMD needs a win more so than NVDA. Is the 4870 the winning product? Does NV have a counter attack?

It's not like the 9600GT is that old. Also making fun of some one for their purchases is just plain rude. So what if he just got them? What you've said is akin to making fun of someone because they can't afford a Geforce GTX 280 and a Core 2 Extreme processor. Its' elitism at its' worse and just being a plain asshole.

It's obvious that I was giving POPEGOLD a taste of his own medicine, since he is the one that has been implying that people who spend $600+ on a videocard are idiots and now I am the asshole?

It's obvious that I was giving POPEGOLD a taste of his own medicine, since he is the one that has been implying that people who spend $600+ on a videocard are idiots and now I am the asshole?

Agreed, don't dish what you can't take.

I remorse that my gtx-280 loads at 115c with full fan speed outside of my case! ahhh :(

$600 you would think there would be quality control

Bans have been handed out for 3 to 7 days to allow everyone to cool off and realize that posting here is a privilege and not a right. FOLLOW THE RULES.

1 day bans were handed out to those griping about moderation buy failing to use the report post button.

Glad to see no permanent banning. These hardware vs. hardware threads always seem to bring out a mob mentality of each side egging the other on.
Nothing but hard feelings come from it. The temp banning allow all to cool off. In the long run, is it really worth getting all worked up over?

Is it strange that I'm going to buy the first nextgen card, regardless of cost or make, that has a FC waterblock released? lol.

Saves you from having to re-do your setup Arcygenical. So I see where you're coming from. :)

Wow! I must say, I do find all of this very entertaining. Too bad we can't all get togethor in some game of deathmatch or something, I'd like to see who wins. It would be quite interesting to see the numbers of smart consumers (edited) that just bought this fine piece of technology (edited) and after seeing the performance of the more than 1/2 price 4870, and knowing how the still cheaper 4870X2 will easily surpass it in performance (edited), are already returning and Ebaying it. (edited, edited, edited, edited, edited) Hmmm, what was the title of this thread?

Hope I didn't set off the banometer, I tried to be good...:D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back