GTX 680 listed for sale in north america $560 :/

These high prices always pop up jacked up before the release of a card.

It's like an experiment I think. Don't be a sucker and jump on that.

These high prices always pop up jacked up before the release of a card.

It's like an experiment I think. Don't be a sucker and jump on that.

prices too much amd and nvidia ripping us all off :confused:

like my 7970 at least can run at 1270 overclock and very much fast over my last 580 card

still not happy to see nvidia also crazy price same performance :confused:

Personally I'd take nvidia over AMD for the driver features they bring.

I love the fps limiter currently hidden in the driver, and also the upcoming TXAA and FXAA enabled in driver, as well as adaptive vsync all looked very interesting to me.

But anyway its just personal preference.

I won't be getting anything until the price stabilize.

Stupid high like the 7970. Oh well someone has to pay retail to subsidize my $220 card purchases which are just a little slower. Go get em boys.

it better be cheaper. or its 7950 time since all these top ends are above 550... dont really want to buy amd...

It better be cheaper or else it will look really bad on nvidia, since they're so late to the party. To come late and still be overpriced with only an average 10 percent performance difference doesn't make any sense.

The sad thing is that the prices are high because both companies know that we, the consumers, will pay those high prices for the new stuff....

First time poster thread starter. Also same exact first time post over at anandtech forums.

WEIRD.

The sad thing is that the prices are high because both companies know that we, the consumers, will pay those high prices for the new stuff....

its called the "free market" for a reason. they are asking for and getting what the market will allow. if either vendor were to charge 10,000 dollars and people were willing to pay for it, that's what its price would be. nobody is exploiting you and forcing you too fork over more cash than you are with.

First time poster thread starter. Also same exact first time post over at anandtech forums.

WEIRD.

Probably amd worker trying to spam a high preorder price to make gtx 680 look bad. Can't imagine why otherwise?

Probably amd worker trying to spam a high preorder price to make gtx 680 look bad. Can't imagine why otherwise?

Or it could be a retailer with a high inventory of GTX580s.

Retailers need to lower the prices of GTX500s now and get their old stock out.

Based on all the recent good deals on GTX500s I am further convinced that that price of the GTX680 will not be higher than $400.

Keep your eyes on the GTX580 prices.

Or it could be a retailer with a high inventory of GTX580s.

Retailers need to lower the prices of GTX500s now and get their old stock out.

Based on all the recent good deals on GTX500s I am further convinced that that price of the GTX680 will not be higher than $400.

Keep your eyes on the GTX580 prices.

Exactly. 580 3gb for 300 retail. Hell yeah i would buy 3

is the GTX 680 the high end single card successor to the 580?...if not what is the high end card's name?

$560 and $570!! lol you guys are crazy buying this stuff. Once the price wars begin you'll see. No games even need this stuff unless you're in a very small minority of high res/multiple displays.

It's not. Just a bunch of hype about the price being as high as HD7970.

Don't get your hopes up, I would say if it matches or beats HD 7970 then it will be priced accordingly. We have also seen it for pre-order on some less reputable web sites and while their price gouging is very high it is a decent indicator of final price if you take ~20% off.

The fact that it has been confirmed as the GTX 680 is also an indication that Nvidia plan to use it as the GTX 580 replacement.

Basically, it is the name and the price that dictate if a GPU is "top end" or not.

We have also seen it for pre-order on some less reputable web sites and while their price gouging is very high it is a decent indicator of final price if you take ~20% off.

That would put the price at HD7950 territory of $449.99

I think the smaller amount of VRAM and smaller memory interface isn't going to be able to compete against the HD7950. Seems like most of the people that buy HD7950/HD7970 buy them for running extreme 3xdisplay resolutions.

Don't get your hopes up, I would say if it matches or beats HD 7970 then it will be priced accordingly. We have also seen it for pre-order on some less reputable web sites and while their price gouging is very high it is a decent indicator of final price if you take ~20% off.

The fact that it has been confirmed as the GTX 680 is also an indication that Nvidia plan to use it as the GTX 580 replacement.

Basically, it is the name and the price that dictate if a GPU is "top end" or not.

i think you will see price gouging everywhere. i don't think Nvidia has enough GPU's for even the reputable sites to sell them at what ever MSRP nvidia puts up.

Little bird told me today that 680 is overclocking over 1200mhz, over 1800 for mem. and that is 10 to 30% or more faster than 7970 in 1600p..

Little bird told me today that 680 is overclocking over 1200mhz, over 1800 for mem. and that is 10 to 30% or more faster than 7970 in 1600p..

Another little birdy told me it was 20% slower than HD 7970 at 2560x1600. So which little birdy do we believe? :)

I will wait for [H] review to decide, little birdies can go fuck themselves.

Yeah thanks. I paid $300 for my 2 X 560 2gb. Going to stick with those for a bit longer.

Another little birdy told me it was 20% slower than HD 7970 at 2560x1600. So which little birdy do we believe? :)

I will wait for [H] review to decide, little birdies can go fuck themselves.

Exactly. However, I also heard the lead reverts to 7970 as the resolution goes up...

Ever since the 2900 XT debacle (which was widely rumored to be the cat's ass next to 8800 GTX up until the day before its release), I believe nothing until the official word is out, and importantly the [H] review.

It will be over 500 dollars. It is comparable or slightly better than a 7970 and there will not be a whole load out there at first. I'm guessing 600 dollars due to the demand and other factors.

Exactly. However, I also heard the lead reverts to 7970 as the resolution goes up...

Ever since the 2900 XT debacle (which was widely rumored to be the cat's ass next to 8800 GTX up until the day before its release), I believe nothing until the official word is out, and importantly the [H] review.

I lol'd.

I think my rig will remain as-is until I get something else nice that someone just threw away. My CPU just ain't gonna cut it for this (7970,680) generation.

GTX680 should be competing against HD7870 not HD7970.

Back