GTX 680 In Stock Thread

Why on earth are people patronizing NewEgg when they clearly are not handling $500+ orders properly? If I had $500 of money locked up in a NewEgg stock-count error for days, I'd be pissed. It's one thing if it is a one-off mistake. It is another when it is clearly a system issue they need to fix. You'd think with a few atomic / synchronized operations in their database software they would be able to limit the number of accepted orders exactly to the number of cards :rolleyes:.

Looks like they're not the only one. Tiger Direct just did this same thing to me.

Looks like they're not the only one. Tiger Direct just did this same thing to me.

The difference between Tigerdirect and Newegg, however, is Newegg actually charges the payment to the credit card. Tigerdirect simply holds the funds from the card, but doesn't actually take the funds. The difference being it is faster for Tigerdirect to grant access back to those funds on hold than it is for Newegg to refund the actual funds taken.

The difference between Tigerdirect and Newegg, however, is Newegg actually charges the payment to the credit card. Tigerdirect simply holds the funds from the card, but doesn't actually take the funds. The difference being it is faster for Tigerdirect to grant access back to those funds on hold than it is for Newegg to refund the actual funds taken.

Regardless, it still ties up that money in my account for 3-4 days... I've never once waited for funds to get back into my account any longer than that anyhow (from NE).

I'm sorry, but both of them suck in my book. Inventory allocation isn't necessarily rocket science. Also, it wasn't like after ordering the card showed out of stock, it stayed showing in stock for a good 20-30 minutes after I placed my order.

Regardless, it still ties up that money in my account for 3-4 days... I've never once waited for funds to get back into my account any longer than that anyhow (from NE).

I'm sorry, but both of them suck in my book. Inventory allocation isn't necessarily rocket science. Also, it wasn't like after ordering the card showed out of stock, it stayed showing in stock for a good 20-30 minutes after I placed my order.

Yeah, I understand its frustrating. But at least with the way Tigerdirect does it you should get access to the funds faster than Newegg. I don't like how Newegg actually takes the funds, cause its a longer process to get back, if required.

Yeah, I understand its frustrating. But at least with the way Tigerdirect does it you should get access to the funds faster than Newegg. I don't like how Newegg actually takes the funds, cause its a longer process to get back, if required.

I hear ya, I mean it doesn't matter, it just irks me to see that PENDING on my bank register...

Just realized that this Friday is Good Friday, and that could mean my 2-day shipping might take until Monday.

**** this will be a long weekend.

Limited Service Days (**):

Good Friday - Friday, April 6, 2012
New Year's Eve - Monday, December 31, 2012

(**) Pickup and delivery service is available on the above limited service days for those customers who are open, however, network changes will be made and these days will not be included in the calculation of transit times.

Google is telling me it will ship, but we shall see.

Just realized that this Friday is Good Friday, and that could mean my 2-day shipping might take until Monday.

**** this will be a long weekend.

It's a State holiday for us. I was going to go to our office and wait for the package. Hopefully, since most offices will be closed on Friday. UPS will deliver the GTX 680 early instead of after lunch.

*crosses fingers*

I'm going to give up on trying to order a GTX 680. All this nonsense with these online vendors is stressing me out! :mad: I'll try again in May.

I'd limit your search to directly from evga. If your order goes through you're getting a card

I just spoke with the TD rep. She says that the "in stock" is incorrect. I now have over a grand drafted from my bank account for nothing...

If you guys need to contact Tiger Direct's CS, call them -- do not use the chat. The lady on the chat told me they were out of stock, and when I called they did in fact have a few in stock.

The orders at Amazon have been shipping pretty quickly for those that don't mind to wait a few days and want an EVGA at near MSRP with Amazon's return policy.

Woot!! got tracking # from NE on my EVGA SC w/ backplate!!!

I'm glad they voided my galaxy order yesterday. Worked out after all ^^

And next day shipping ftw.

Any idea how CUDA performance is on one of these cards? I've heard the GTX 680 is not kind of F@H but at the same time that's probably because the code is optimized for Fermi. I'm thinking about giving my wife my GTX 570 (she needs double precision performance which I understand is not the 680's focus) whereas I need more integer compute and might jump for a GTX 680.

Amazon pre-order is no longer an option. Seems to me they're planning this quite carefully to avoid canceling orders and treating customers like NewEgg and TD have...

UPS Customer Service: If it says its out for delivery today, its out for delivery
Me: So why did it say it was out for delivery yesterday and wasn't delivered?
UPS Customer Service: Um... it says it out for delivery today, can I help you with anything else?

sigh

I ordered the EVGA from Tigerdirect this morning (+ paid for overnight shipping); no shipping email from them yet, but I just checked order status on the site and it says it shipped today and has a tracking number. Canceled my Amazon pre-order from a couple days ago, which still didn't have an ETA.

44 left go go go!!!

Update #1 : 33 Left now
Update #2 : 28 Left
Update #3: 19 Left
Update #4: 16 Left at 5:52 PM ET

Last edited:
Back