GTX 680 In Stock Thread

Any thoughts on those eVGA extended warranties? Not sure if I'd go that route or not but I only have 30 days to decide...

If you sell the card, the extended warranty is worthless.
If you keep the card for 3+ years, the extended warranty might not be worthless.

?

Nah, in three years the card will be practically worthless anyway, at least on the resell market.

Considering it's been almost 2 weeks, and the stocks can still be tricky, anyone think that I may have problems getting an EVGA one by the end of the month?

you can get one. just have to have amazon, newegg, etc open in your tabs and check at certain times during the day. I would say anywhere from 12pm-4pm PST is when I noticed a restock.

I had multiple chances to order from Newegg, Tiger Direct, and I think EVGA.com,but
I ended up pre-ordering from Amazon. It was up for at least 20 minutes before they stopped taking preorders. Saved some cash, but have to wait longer.

Man, NE still has those Galaxies in stock. Either they got a big shipment in or someone's asleep at the On/Off Switch at Newegg central...

My local MicroCenter has 1 EVGA 680 GTX in stock. sadly with tax it's $540.59.
Still in queue (#26) for my Step-Up, which is only going to be $200.

Nah, in three years the card will be practically worthless anyway, at least on the resell market.

Indeed.

Anyone spending the cash to get a 680 at release won't be keeping the card much longer then 2 years i'd say anyways. So there isn't any reason to fork out the money for an extended warranty.

However, the extended warranty does also give you the potential for the upgrade program. So when the 685 or whatever it is comes out later you'll potentially be able to upgrade to it.

Indeed.

Anyone spending the cash to get a 680 at release won't be keeping the card much longer then 2 years i'd say anyways. So there isn't any reason to fork out the money for an extended warranty.

However, the extended warranty does also give you the potential for the upgrade program. So when the 685 or whatever it is comes out later you'll potentially be able to upgrade to it.

Step up is 90 days from purchase...................

I'm glad that mine arrived safely few days ago and i don't have to put up with this waiting/refreshing game for a while. It was worth it though :D

wow...thats just too fast. I dont have all day to keep refreshing to get one. i ordered one at 8 this mourning, NE confirmed it then cancled it. This blows!

My amazon pre-order hasnt even shipped yet.

Im wondering if theyre just doing this everyday and selling a set number per day max and once they get them in stock, they ship a ton of 680s all at once.

My amazon pre-order hasnt even shipped yet.

Im wondering if theyre just doing this everyday and selling a set number per day max and once they get them in stock, they ship a ton of 680s all at once.

With the way they're only taking a set number of pre-orders for a short period each of the days they've been available I'd imagine they're trying not to oversell their expected shipments so that they can fulfill them in a fairly timely manner. Amazon has been shipping out eVGA GTX 680 orders this week for others who have ordered last week and so I'd expect a 5-7 day lead time for your order to ship out. But of course I've waited nearly a month for orders to be fulfilled by Amazon in the past on "Temporarily Out of Stock" items so it's all dependent on their eVGA GTX 680 shipments coming in on the dates they've been given.

Last edited:
Yeah. Did a little searching and one guy on Amazon said he preordered on March 29 and said he expects a delivery today or tomorrow.

I found another example, but dont remember what it was.

Im ok with waiting though. EVGA was the only brand I was looking at anyway.

Got mine 2 days ago. 2 MSI GTX 680's from Tiger Direct. Ordered them about 2 weeks ago. Starcraft 2 runs a lot better now than it did on the 7970 at 2560 x 1440

You have to check constantly... and i am debating on if i should wait for AMDs next offering which in turn will unleash the GF110. Yes its aways away but i know that as great as the 680 is, its indeed what Nvidia was gonna throw out as thier high end midrange card untill thet saw the compatitions highend. I may wait as my 5970 still gets the job done on all games i play, and im a vsync guy who has to have my monitor at 85Hz. so its in my best interest to wait till 3rd/4th quarter and get what will most likely be a jump as great as the 8800GTX. That was the best jump in performance from one gen to the next in any card or company i have ever seen. Paying 650ish will be worth it if its close to the best for 1.5 years like the 8800GTX was. No??

Coming from a 5970? Yeah, I'd wait.
I had a GTX 460 and just couldn't keep the brakes on!

04/06/2012 05:38:00 OUT FOR DELIVERY

;)

Its gonna be time to swap the MCW60 from the GTX 580 to the GTX 680

UPS dropped off my EVGA GTX 680 SC from the Egg last night.
The GTX 260 now goes into the spare parts bin.

Wow UPS 3 Days shipment really blows. My card shipped on Wednesday and was scheduled to arrive on Monday. Now they updated the shipment for Tuesday.

Not the first time UPS does that to me bah :) NewEgg used to rock when they were using Fedex.

Wow UPS 3 Days shipment really blows. My card shipped on Wednesday and was scheduled to arrive on Monday. Now they updated the shipment for Tuesday.

Not the first time UPS does that to me bah :) NewEgg used to rock when they were using Fedex.

They used to rock before they sold out and went public.

The FedEx/UPS argument seems to be based on where you live.

Here, UPS is much quicker and accurate than FedEx is. I've actually had FedEx tell my friend who lives down the street from him that his house doesn't exist (or at least his address doesn't) and when they do happen to realize it does exist, they always bring it to his next door neighbor's house which happens to be his uncle. UPS never messes up.

I will pay more to have it shipped by UPS if I have the option.

The FedEx/UPS argument seems to be based on where you live.

Here, UPS is much quicker and accurate than FedEx is. I've actually had FedEx tell my friend who lives down the street from him that his house doesn't exist (or at least his address doesn't) and when they do happen to realize it does exist, they always bring it to his next door neighbor's house which happens to be his uncle. UPS never messes up.

I will pay more to have it shipped by UPS if I have the option.

I think you are 100% right. In fact USPS is way faster than UPS for me.

Somehow UPS always leave the packages at the end of the day as well. With Fedex no matter what I always get my stuff early in the morning.

Somehow UPS always leave the packages at the end of the day as well. With Fedex no matter what I always get my stuff early in the morning.

The opposite is true for me. UPS delivers and picks up where I live several days a week and is always between 11 am and 1 PM whereas FedEx is 2-4 PM in the afternoon and FedEx Ground has not shown up a few times till after 7 PM.

Yeah. Did a little searching and one guy on Amazon said he preordered on March 29 and said he expects a delivery today or tomorrow.

I found another example, but dont remember what it was.

Im ok with waiting though. EVGA was the only brand I was looking at anyway.

FYI I ordered 2 EVGA 680s from Amazon on April 1st and got a shipping notification this morning (April 6th) at 12:30 AM. Prime shipping should have them at my door on Monday the 9th.

The time the package arrives (in a day ie: morning, afternoons, etc...) depends on where in the route you are located. If you're at the beginning of the delivery route, you'll get it early. If you're towards the end, you'll get it closer to the end of the day.

I ordered an EVGA vanilla 680 from Amazon on the 5th in the evening, and today (6th) they sent me an email to expect it on the 11th. I just got a notification that my card has been charged, so they might have sent it to UPS today or they will Monday (9th). Not too shabby.

I ordered an EVGA vanilla 680 from Amazon on the 5th in the evening, and today (6th) they sent me an email to expect it on the 11th. I just got a notification that my card has been charged, so they might have sent it to UPS today or they will Monday (9th). Not too shabby.

Interesting. Was that pre-ordered? I pre- ordered on the 4th (afternoon) for a vanilla EVGA also, but havent received any updates.

FYI I ordered 2 EVGA 680s from Amazon on April 1st and got a shipping notification this morning (April 6th) at 12:30 AM. Prime shipping should have them at my door on Monday the 9th.

Thanks. Wished I still had prime.

Interesting. Was that pre-ordered? I pre- ordered on the 4th (afternoon) for a vanilla EVGA also, but havent received any updates.

Yes, on the evening of the 5th I pre-ordered and around 4:30 on the 6th Amazon sent me an email saying that they expect it to be delivered on the 11th (via Prime). A few minutes later I got a courtesy email from my cc saying that my card had a large purchase just made.

I'm sorry they haven't sent you an update. I can't think of a good reason why they would move forward with my order but not yours. Hopefully they processed us all together and it's just a matter of time for your email to show up.

Galaxy GTX 680 in stock NOW 6:17pm est GO GO GO

OOS again lol, I was able to get one :D

Last edited:
Back