GTX 680 In Stock Thread

As an Amazon Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
I am really hoping newegg or evga gets it in stock so I don't have to pay tax, I originally budgeted $500 for video card, that will put me closer to $600 with tax.

Many guys over the eVGA forums are buying from this place and are giving good reviews:
http://www.cj-technology.com/index.aspx?pageid=730334&category=682075&rw=1&sort=priced

$545 with free priority mail.

I just don't feel like paying so much when I was able to lock on the Amazon one for $534 including next day delivery. However I have been placed on waiting.

Many guys over the eVGA forums are buying from this place and are giving good reviews:
http://www.cj-technology.com/index.aspx?pageid=730334&category=682075&rw=1&sort=priced

$545 with free priority mail.

I just don't feel like paying so much when I was able to lock on the Amazon one for $534 including next day delivery. However I have been placed on waiting.

Yeah I missed the amazon..even though pay tax would only put it around $550 which is doable.

That site looks sketchy no?

Yeah I missed the amazon..even though pay tax would only put it around $550 which is doable.

That site looks sketchy no?

Well, apparently it's legit and people are very happy with their service.

You can read more here directly from eVGA's forum. I would buy from there but I just can't see myself paying more than $500 as base price.

The order I placed yesterday evening was cancelled this morning. Yup, "due to insufficient inventory." That's two orders now that have gone that way, this one at NE and an earlier one at CompSource...eff this. I don't need this thing that badly.

Newegg screwed me pretty badly. Check this out, I ordered on Friday at 9pm, paid with my Paypal using my Debit card on file, on Saturday morning I get an email saying it was voided "due to insufficient inventory" and that it will take 3 business days to refund. Well that's going to be this Wednesday and the refund wont go back to my bank first! It goes back into the Paypal balance then I can transfer it into my bank which is another 3-5 days! So I'm possibly looking at next Tuedsay-Wednesday to get my money back into my bank account! Possibly 9-10 days to get this straight!

I managed to get one of these "pre-orders" for the 20 minutes it was available. How quickly does Amazon typically ship these out? I'm hoping they made these available because they knew they'd get some in in the next few days...

I ordered mine on the 29th and it's supposed to be shipped today.

That's PayPal, actually; that's exactly what happened with me and the CompSource order I placed on March 25 (that one I cancelled, for clarity, when they advised me a day later that they didn't have the card in stock and wouldn't until...ironically, about now). My previous statement of "eff this!" stands, albeit with a hint of "Should have known better..."

I know the second half on my issue is because of Paypal but this is a "cause and effect" problem that comes from Newegg. None of this would have happened if Newegg didn't charge their customers until they know the item is in stock.

I dunno...you're getting into inventory tracking versus POS application-level stuff at that point, and I don't claim to know jack about that. But I do think that to some degree it's probably unavoidable (hence the "should have known better" part) if everybody dogpiles their system all at once the second they update any given 680's availability.

If that's true then how come Amazon can get it right? They don't charge the customers unless they have it ready to be shipped.

If that's true then how come Amazon can get it right? They don't charge the customers unless they have it ready to be shipped.
Better inventory tracking (like they'd be hurting for money for that, being the monolithic e-tailer that Amazon is)? <shrug>

And, again, it's not just Newegg that runs into this--CompSource's website listed the eVGA 680 in stock for hours before I ordered it, for an hour or so after I ordered it at least, and it wasn't until the following day (a Monday) when they contacted me about it being OOS. I'd like to think Newegg's just big enough that their system can handle this, but we don't know what's hitting their proverbial backend...or how often.

Anyway. It looks like the $600 PNY one is still in stock at BB, somewhat unsurprisingly (the sales tax doesn't help).

I was able to get one right from EVGA and it shipped yesterday. I got it for $499.99

When did you order it?

I noticed the EVGA on newegg still out of stock but price went back down to $499.99

Hoping that means there is an influx of them now

When did you order it?

I noticed the EVGA on newegg still out of stock but price went back down to $499.99

Hoping that means there is an influx of them now

We both got an order in on Friday. Read my top post on the last page. Make an evga account, and be ready around those two times I listed.

We both got an order in on Friday. Read my top post on the last page. Make an evga account, and be ready around those two times I listed.

That the time I am travelling from work to home....I can try on my phone but be tricky. i already have an account with EVGA

You have to be fast! If I'm not mistaken the last time EVGA had stock it only lasted 3:52 and they were out of stock. When I got my order in the customer service from EVGA told me that. They also said for example, if they have 10 in stock then only 10 people will get order numbers and if I got an order number then I'm surely getting my order shipped unlike Newegg's crap

Yeah they lasted a bit longer than usual on Friday, but I believe that was the only time they had all three models in stock. Needless to say, that made it a little easier to get in on one.

I got my tracking number last night, UPS says Friday, it sucks that EVGA is in Cali and I'm in FL because I might have had it a day earlier! LOL

I know the second half on my issue is because of Paypal but this is a "cause and effect" problem that comes from Newegg. None of this would have happened if Newegg didn't charge their customers until they know the item is in stock.

I had the exact same issue when the HD 7970s first came out......now you have it, now you don't.......

I had never had that happen to me on newegg. Ordered, went to bed, woke up to email.....oops, sorry......money refunded. Thanks.

Just got my tracking number from my Amazon order on the 29th. Hopefully some of you guys will be getting one as well.

Back