GTX 570 comming December 7th (large pic inside)

I guess I can wait a little longer then for the prices to fall a little.

They are ready to go. Frys already has them in stock. We had 15 at our store. I believe the price was $369, expect it to be priced around $349 for online pricing.

A "Reviewers Guide"? lol
So you don't even have to know anything about testing a video card to get a reference sample? Where do I sign up?! :D

Will we get a T-shirt with our release? lol :D

Is that a reference card? I thought nVidia said they weren't going to release one and would let their partners come up with custom solutions?

That was my point. I've used many different CPU coolers and they all varied in the amount of heat being exhausted at the same temp. The water vapor cooler Nvidia is using on the GTX 580 is sucking up a lot of heat.
Try this. At 60-70C, feel the heat being exhausted out of your video card, then feel the heat being exhausted out of the CPU HSF at 60-70C. Which is hotter? Which has the better cooler?

The guy said nothing else comes into play besides power consumption. I don't know temps of all the little components on the PCB, but were just talking about internal temp vs exhaust temp.
His point is that it doesn't matter what type of cooler is being used, the same amount of heat will be dissipated into ambient.

In a computer, all power consumption is dissipated as heat. So, the only thing that matters when you talk about room temperature is that same power consumption we were talking about.

Now, "temperature" its just a figure that indicates the quantity of Heat that is being dissipated. This ability to transfer heat has many variables...one of it being the Delta difference: the more hot you are (regarding the ambient temperatures) the more easier you will transfer that heat; while, on the contrary, the lesser you are, the more difficult it will be.
If we try to apply all of this to a VGA, for example, its really easy to understand: you start the computer and all your componentes start to heat (they were at the exact same room temperature). As the Delta between your VGA and the ambient is not enough to dissipate all of it, the card itself becomes hotter; now, more and more of that heat starts to dissipate, and you will get to a point that all its heat its dissipated, and at that point the VGA will reach its equilibrium (and if you could maintain the room temperature the VGA would keep its temperature forever).
At this point, if you change the way you transfer the heat to the ambient, you change the efficiency of the system (aka the temperature of equilibrium), but the heat transfered keeps unchanged (well, not abolustely: computers are more efficient the more cool they are; you can check on some reviews how non-reference models with awesome aftermarket HS have a power consumption lower than the reference cards, due to heat inefficiencies). You can see this when you check Watercooling systems: water and radiators are far more efficient than heatsinks...and also they use colder air (because they mainly use the ambient temperature instead of the temperature inside the case) which means that they do their job better. But this fact doesn't change the other relating power consumption: it just doesn't change.
Of course, if you have your computer next to you and some of the hot air goes directly to you, you will correctly think that its hotter...but thinking has nothing to do with it :) Try to touch a piece of wood and then a piece of steel both at the same temperature, you will see that the wood never feels cold nor warm but, with the steel, different story ::D

Awww... 38a? My PSU can only do 36a.... :<

Which psu do you have? If you have the HX620 that shows on your sig you will have absolutely no problems. Keep in mind that amperage figures always show the TOTAL POWER CONSUMPTION of the computer, nothing related to the VGA itself.
Also, the producers need to keep in mind when putting their specs that its not the same by any meaning a good PSU (Silverstone, Corsair, Enermax, Seasonic..) than any other non-brand one. So, they put the specs in order to make sure that even the more craptastic psu can handle it.

In a computer, all power consumption is dissipated as heat. So, the only thing that matters when you talk about room temperature is that same power consumption we were talking about.

Now, "temperature" its just a figure that indicates the quantity of Heat that is being dissipated. This ability to transfer heat has many variables...one of it being the Delta difference: the more hot you are (regarding the ambient temperatures) the more easier you will transfer that heat; while, on the contrary, the lesser you are, the more difficult it will be.
If we try to apply all of this to a VGA, for example, its really easy to understand: you start the computer and all your componentes start to heat (they were at the exact same room temperature). As the Delta between your VGA and the ambient is not enough to dissipate all of it, the card itself becomes hotter; now, more and more of that heat starts to dissipate, and you will get to a point that all its heat its dissipated, and at that point the VGA will reach its equilibrium (and if you could maintain the room temperature the VGA would keep its temperature forever).
At this point, if you change the way you transfer the heat to the ambient, you change the efficiency of the system (aka the temperature of equilibrium), but the heat transfered keeps unchanged (well, not abolustely: computers are more efficient the more cool they are; you can check on some reviews how non-reference models with awesome aftermarket HS have a power consumption lower than the reference cards, due to heat inefficiencies). You can see this when you check Watercooling systems: water and radiators are far more efficient than heatsinks...and also they use colder air (because they mainly use the ambient temperature instead of the temperature inside the case) which means that they do their job better. But this fact doesn't change the other relating power consumption: it just doesn't change.
Of course, if you have your computer next to you and some of the hot air goes directly to you, you will correctly think that its hotter...but thinking has nothing to do with it :) Try to touch a piece of wood and then a piece of steel both at the same temperature, you will see that the wood never feels cold nor warm but, with the steel, different story ::D

OK, I understand that. Here's a direct comparison, tell me the difference between the two.

Same power consumtion(250W):
Video card using a reference HSF vs a video card using a water vapor or more efficient (dual fan)cooler.

Will the exhaust temps be the same or which will be cooler at the same power usage?

What I'm trying to say to that, since the better cooler lowers the temp of the card, the exhaust temps are cooler at the same power usage. Right or Wrong?

GPU A: 75C @ 250W Power Usage
GPU B: 60C @ 250W Power Usage

Same exhaust temp or are they different?

Last edited:
Correct. I was referring to Crysis and Crysis 2 which I'm sure many of us will be playing. I don't have a problem with 4xMSAA or 16xCSAA. The 470 runs hotter than I want it since I OC heavy so getting a cooler card will help my room temps a lot. I want to SLI and two 470s are too much heat right now.

You can get two 470s for SLI for roughly the same price as a 570.

OK, I understand that. Here's a direct comparison, tell me the difference between the two.

Same power consumtion(250W):
Video card using a reference HSF vs a video card using a water vapor or more efficient (dual fan)cooler.

Will the exhaust temps be the same or which will be cooler at the same power usage?

What I'm trying to say to that, since the better cooler lowers the temp of the card, the exhaust temps are cooler at the same power usage. Right or Wrong?

GPU A: 75C @ 250W Power Usage
GPU B: 60C @ 250W Power Usage

Same exhaust temp or are they different?

The air temperature will be different on both. But, again, you are missing the picture: air temperature, alone, means nothing. Air temperature only means the concentration of heat among air. So, the only way you could compare the power consumption of those 2 cards would only be if you could measure precisely the total air that is dissipating that heat. In order to do that, the best example is a watercooling system.

Lets imagine we have a GTX480 in a single loop with a fullcover block. Now, if you compare this system with
a) A single 120mm rad.
b) A quad 120mm rad.
(assuming both rads have the same technology, being the size the only difference)
If you were to analyse the temperature of the Air leaving the rads (air out), you could see, easily, that the temperature on a) would be higher than on b). That doesn't have anything to do with heat dump, but ONLY in efficiency. The dissipating surface in b) is a lot higher than in a), which ultimately means that the temperature in equilibrium will be lower.With that said, power consumption would remain unchanged even though the temperature of the air leaving the rad would be different. The more efficient a system is the less Delta (difference between air in and air out; when talking about watercooling this Delta is about water in - air out) will exist (aka the cooler will get).

Now, this applies to everything. If you were to put 1 gallon of boiling water (100ºC at above-see pressure) in a room (22ºC) and wanted it to reach equilibrium (lets say the water has enough heat to warm 1ºC the temperature of the room, so the water ends at 23ºC): it doesn't matter what you do to the water, all that heat will go to the room. Of course, you will see that there are ways to make it happen faster (using a conducting pot; a thing and large one, etc) but that changes nothing. Heat is heat, and temperature is temperature. They are related but not the same.

I hope you understood.

You can get two 470s for SLI for roughly the same price as a 570.

I just got a GTX 480 with backplate and highflow bracket locally for $250. I couldn't turn down the deal.
If I can find another at that price I will go with GTX 480SLI.

The air temperature will be different on both. But, again, you are missing the picture: air temperature, alone, means nothing. Air temperature only means the concentration of heat among air. So, the only way you could compare the power consumption of those 2 cards would only be if you could measure precisely the total air that is dissipating that heat. In order to do that, the best example is a watercooling system.

Lets imagine we have a GTX480 in a single loop with a fullcover block. Now, if you compare this system with
a) A single 120mm rad.
b) A quad 120mm rad.
(assuming both rads have the same technology, being the size the only difference)
If you were to analyse the temperature of the Air leaving the rads (air out), you could see, easily, that the temperature on a) would be higher than on b). That doesn't have anything to do with heat dump, but ONLY in efficiency. The dissipating surface in b) is a lot higher than in a), which ultimately means that the temperature in equilibrium will be lower.With that said, power consumption would remain unchanged even though the temperature of the air leaving the rad would be different. The more efficient a system is the less Delta (difference between air in and air out; when talking about watercooling this Delta is about water in - air out) will exist (aka the cooler will get).

Now, this applies to everything. If you were to put 1 gallon of boiling water (100ºC at above-see pressure) in a room (22ºC) and wanted it to reach equilibrium (lets say the water has enough heat to warm 1ºC the temperature of the room, so the water ends at 23ºC): it doesn't matter what you do to the water, all that heat will go to the room. Of course, you will see that there are ways to make it happen faster (using a conducting pot; a thing and large one, etc) but that changes nothing. Heat is heat, and temperature is temperature. They are related but not the same.

I hope you understood

OK I understand now. Increasing efficiency(larger surface area or water) may feel cooler to the touch but the same amount of heat is being dumped. None of it is absorbed.
I just wanted to know why the temps were cooler at the same power usage, but you explained it well.

Last edited:
I like the price point. Should be interesting to see the reviews.

Hopefully the price settles in time for Sandy Bridge. :)

570 should be comparable to the 480 right? I'm about to purchase a 580 (upgrading from 480) and was wondering if I'd be better off grabbing a 570 since it would be easier for me to sli 570's than a 580. It might not be right away however.

570 should be comparable to the 480 right? I'm about to purchase a 580 (upgrading from 480) and was wondering if I'd be better off grabbing a 570 since it would be easier for me to sli 570's than a 580. It might not be right away however.

Supposed to be. Guess we'll find out in two days.

My auction on my 480 ends tomorrow. Had to get it up before the 570 released. Should be able to get something new in by the time I gotta ship the 480 out lol.

I'm shocked that with all of these early sales and posts that nobody has done their own benchmarks yet.

Wish they would ;p torn on 580 or 570 with a quicker upgrade to sli.

Then again I'm only running 2x 1900x1200 monitors and the single card is enough for now.

I was actually thinking of an end user on here or Guru/Anand/etc. forums :)

Scroll back a page and you'll see 2. Guru 3D had 1 posted earlier as well. These were on sale as of last Friday, so if someone got express shipping they should have 'em.
There's a whole thread on here about unboxing one as a gift (which appears to be a press sample) but obviously if they're sharing pix, they aren't obeying the NDA.

Scroll back a page and you'll see 2. Guru 3D had 1 posted earlier as well. These were on sale as of last Friday, so if someone got express shipping they should have 'em.
There's a whole thread on here about unboxing one as a gift (which appears to be a press sample) but obviously if they're sharing pix, they aren't obeying the NDA.

Just because they could order them doesn't mean they actually had any to ship.

570's are up on Newegg, 359

EDIT: they took them down, EVGA was 359 saw another brand for 349

570.png

5702.png

Now, do I buy a 580 with the 300-350 I'll get for my 480 tomorrow morning off eBay, or one 570 with a chance to grab another soon... Shoot, or 2 570's now! lol

Last edited:
Last edited:
Looks like it is what we figured it would be. I guess I'll just have to see what my 5870 brings on Craigslist to see if I grab one. Hopefully they won't be in short supply.

ur kidding they pulled the review, wonder if anyone saved it

U didn''t miss much, all synthetic except for bfbc2 which was real world, it match a GTX 480 in performance, has potential to outperform it depending on the ap, it consumes less power and runs cooler than a GTX 480, actually it runs cooler than a GTX 470 and consumes alot less power than a GTX 480.. There was no overclocking done and barely no SLi. Wait for the better reviews coming.

Cooler GPU with improved cooling should be able to get the new core in the GTX570 to stable 1GHZ. Looking forward to over clocking results.

Last edited:
As an Amazon Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
Huh, that card's priced over $400.00 MSRP is $349.99 same as GTX 470 when it was launched. It's normal for a overclocked card to cost extra but you must be confused about the MSRP

Really?

If the Superclocked has a msrp of $350, how much does the regular one cost?

Back