GTAIV - Which console to buy for?

FYI besides all the ranting and raving....

The egg has preorders for GTAIV for 56.99 with free shipping!

I preordered just cause its a good deal, save about $10 over buying retail (at least for me with sales tax and everything).

Well that pretty much solves it for me, as you said they might release a new game or w/e for PS3 which I'd rather have, than a 360 that might catastrophically fail on me. It is one of the older ones, with no HDMI.

I actually just had my old 360 Premium brick on me yesterday. Fortunately I had bought the BB 2-year replacement warrenty (I bought it because at the time MS was only giving a 1 year warrenty on 360s, they expanded it to 3 years a few monthes after I bought mine) so I just dropped my old Premium (non-HDMI) off at the store and got back a brand new Pro (with HDMI) and a $53 store credit to cover the difference of my original to this one. Plan on using that to buy GTA4.

I was going to wait it out and buy it for PC, but after trying to fly planes and helis with pc controls in SA, screw that. gonna pick it up for my 360.

How is that an issue when you can use the 360 gamepad on a PC too?

FWIW, Lazlow recommended the 360 version due to the downloadable content.

I'll be waiting for the PC version. I can't justify spending > $300 just to play 1 game, especially when I already have a perfectly capable PC.

FYI besides all the ranting and raving....

The egg has preorders for GTAIV for 56.99 with free shipping!

I preordered just cause its a good deal, save about $10 over buying retail (at least for me with sales tax and everything).

You won't get it on release date though. Probably not even the day after w/ the most expensive shipping (then it's not worth the money).

boycott it till their is a pc version

holy crap, why hasn't this been reported on yet? This guy has the idea of the century! Wow, now we know what to do (boycott) I bet Rockstar will not sell any GTA4s now! Boycotts by a super small portion of the game buying audience are bound to strike fear into Rockstar's hearts!

XBOX360 because...

1. Exclusive content
  2. The PC MP is not likely to take off. The XBOX will be were the online action is.
  3. Because most games that have released on both have been better on the 360.

XBOX360 because...

The PC MP is not likely to take off. The XBOX will be were the online action is.

Dont be so sure.... server hosting is usually far and away far superior in the PC realm... so we might get games with way less lag and a higher play cap... and if the modding community has *some* kinda wiggle room the PC version could be *the* one to get

I'll be waiting for the PC version. I can't justify spending > $300 just to play 1 game, especially when I already have a perfectly capable PC.

Exactly.
This is the *ONLY* game worth getting a console for imho, but since these will always come out for the PC after ~ 6 months (if history is any guide, and it usually is), then ill wait for the version that will almost undoubtedly:

look better (2-3 times the res of the consoles, with aa/af maxed out)
perform better (not locked at 30 fps like all other GTA's have been, or have as many slowdowns, as reports indicate for large battle scenes)
control better (mouse/kb on foot, gamepad in heli)

You won't get it on release date though. Probably not even the day after w/ the most expensive shipping (then it's not worth the money).

Actually I probably will, newegg preships...in fact people who ordered Halo 3 through newegg got it 2-3 days EARLY because they preshipped early by accident :p

Also, WHO CARES, sheesh. Some people are so impatient these days. I would rather have $10 for waiting 1-2 days if I have to. I have only been waiting for about 3 yrs for this game, 2 days are not going to kill me ;)

latest rumors from the publisher is that the 360 dlc will include entire new cities.

Getting it for PS3, My 360 is not hooked up and i am too lazy to hook it up. And also i had my first 360 die on me back in September a little before Halo 3 launch(But i am not a big fan of Halo anyway). And i am not going to wait months just to play GTA IV. But if one version gets a hight score or the frames are better on the 360 then i might consider it.

I was originally planning on getting it for my PC, but then when I realized that I might be back at college studying by the time it does come out, I'm starting to think I should get a PS3 for it. I still don't have a bluray player for my 40'' hdtv and MGS4 looks interesting, so I might as well.

I bought it already for PS3.
Just got to pick it up when its in stock.

lol, get this.

My friend pre-ordered it for his 360 last week.

And last night he got the Red Ring of Death. LoL!
He was like literally in tears. He was so hyped up on GTA4, we were just talking about it.
Now he has a brick of a 360. Which sucks for him.

lol, get this.

He was like literally in tears. He was so hyped up on GTA4, we were just talking about it.

Shitty! :(

Was it a release model or a later model or what? I have an elite, everytime I play I'm hoping it doesnt fry itself :p

lol, get this.

MS is putting out replacements in at about a 5 day turnaround anymore, so it's really not a problem. Have him send it in.

One of the importers from which i buy games here in argentina told me that he has a GTA4 shipment for next thursday or friday ^^
Hope its true... gettin GT5P from him ... and if he gets it GTA4 too

Should be one hell of a weekend :D

ps: i live in argentina

Shitty! :(

Was it a release model or a later model or what? I have an elite, everytime I play I'm hoping it doesnt fry itself :p
Less the 1 year old.
MS is putting out replacements in at about a 5 day turnaround anymore, so it's really not a problem. Have him send it in.
Oh, no way!
I will let him know ASAP.
Thanks for that man. I really don't want him to miss out on the fun.

Its nearly silent when you do the 8x firmware mod, and load times are not affected more than 2-3 seconds on long loads.
Does that get you b7 from Live or affect the warranty? Because that is the only complaint I have so far of my new 360. The BenQ makes my rather loud 16X and 18X PC burners sound like they're in vacuum chambers by comparison. I'm surprised MS would allow this kind of racket. I'm also aware that they squashed a workaround a few months ago players were using to get some peace and quiet without flashing anything.

Does that get you b7 from Live or affect the warranty? Because that is the only complaint I have so far of my new 360. The BenQ makes my rather loud 16X and 18X PC burners sound like they're in vacuum chambers by comparison. I'm surprised MS would allow this kind of racket. I'm also aware that they squashed a workaround a few months ago players were using to get some peace and quiet without flashing anything.

Doesn't get you banned from live, but you do have to open the xbox to flash the 8X firmware onto the BenQ, which would technically void your warranty.

Doesn't get you banned from live, but you do have to open the xbox to flash the 8X firmware onto the BenQ, which would technically void your warranty.
Thanks man, if I tire of the noise and it seems like this Falcon unit won't RRoD on me, I'll probably try it out :cool:

Waiting for PC don't have a Console spent too much money on my system to buy a console :) Hopefully it won't suck on the PC lol

makes sense. people think gta, they think playstation. all the DLC in the world can't change that fact.

Ok so the IGN review says the PS3 version has better AA, shorter load times, and much less texture pop-up. X360 has more vibrant colors.

The problem for me is that the PS3 version costs me PS3 + Game, X360 is just the Game :p

Anyhow, looks like newegg wont get this one to us on release day. O well, finals week anyways, need to study ;)

yea Im not picking up mariokart for a while. Maybe ill get it for my brithday on thursday, But yeah even then its gonna sit on a shelf for a while B-)

Back